Worktop - Knotty Pine "Contract" Jointed-Board 4150x650x40mm Finger-Jointed
Knotty-Pine Solid Timber Worktop 4150x650x40mm : "Contract Quality"
Must be Treated, Fitted, & Maintained to manufacturers instructions;
- 4 metre nominal Pine Worktop length - 14' nominal Pine Worktop length - Actual Length 4.15 Metres;
Delivery is set up for 1 Board to be cut to two shorter lengths & sent by haulier to Cambridge postcodes;
(Please contact us for different quantities / other postcodes)
40mm Redwood Furniture Board:
- Sanded square-corner Furniture Board;
- Edge-glued laminated 40-60mm full length solid pine staves;
- Economy-Grade Scandinavian Redwood - 40mm thickness Knotty Pine;
- Ideal for use as fixed furniture components, or fixed shelving;
Pine is a natural product - Knots, colour and grain can vary from one worktop to another - They are not defects.
Other Pine Worktop sizes :
- Cut sizes: 1150x650x40mm - 1450x650x40mm - 1750x650x40mm - 2050x650x40mm - 2350x650x40mm - 2650x650x40mm - 2950x650x40mm or Cut to Your Size; ( Full size 4150x650x40mm )
View JAS "Contract Quality" Solid Hardwood Kitchen Worktops - Solid Timber Worktops
If you need a sample, or if you need Solid Timber Kitchen Worktops with Guarantee, please take a look at - Tuscan Solid Timber Worktops , Realwood Kitchen Worksurfaces or Silkwood Kitchen Worksurfaces
- The PEFC logo & PEFC® initials are registered Trademarks of the PEFC Council;
- The FSC logo & FSC® initials are registered Trademarks of the Forest Stewardship Council®.
4.15 Metre Laminated Economy Grade 40mm Pine Solid Timber Worktops -
The specification allows solid or engineered Pine finger-jointed timber staves 40mm to 60mm wide by 40mm thick, although at present staves are full length solid pine mainly 45mm to 48mm wide, and are generally untrimmed at the ends of the board except where we have cut it down from the original 4.15 metre length.
The knot size is quite big in Economy-Grade Pine - shown in our photos - and the timber is untreated.
Pine Timber Board should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content;
Not suitable for use as doors without suitable framing or bracing - twisting & cupping can occur if pine boards are not fixed in place.
For internal domestic use, in dry areas.
4150mm Pine Redwood Worktop sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±6mm on width, ±10mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after engineering the timber jointed-board, and cannot take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the Timber Jointed Board. (For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date. Furniture Board is square-edged.)
- Sizes measured - 01/07/2016 - Please contact us if you need any more detail of current stock -
Other Pine Worktop sizes :
- Cut sizes: 1150x650x40mm - 1450x650x40mm - 1750x650x40mm - 2050x650x40mm - 2350x650x40mm - 2650x650x40mm - 2950x650x40mm or CUT to Your Size; ( Full size 4150x650x40mm )
For cutting in the workshop select - Machining in Workshop & Add extra cuts if you want the ends trimming - POA:
Knotty-Pine is a natural product - Knots, Colour and Grain can vary from one worktop to another - They are not defects.
Pine is a softwood and isn't as hard or dense a timber as Oak, Iroko or any of the Hardwood Timbers that Kitchen Worktops are normally made from; It isn't as expensive either - you only get what you pay for!
The key to a long lifespan for your Pine Worktop is lots of treatment; You would need to give 5 or 6 six coats of a Danish Oil treatment to both faces, all edges, and any cut-outs. Pine Worktops need to be fixed in place before any movement starts to occur in the timber; The worktop needs to be fixed firmly enough to stop any cupping or twisting the is prevalent in boards that are as wide as this. The treatment for your Pine Worktop needs to be maintained - sanding down and another 2 coats per year is recommended.
"Contract Quality" means that this "Pine Worktop" is imported, and sold as a Solid-Pine Jointed-Board, ideal for use as worktops, desktops, shelving and solid panelling, where the Pine Jointed-Board can be fixed solidly in place, and used in a normal domestic environment, in a dry area.
If you wish, you can use these as kitchen worktops by a sink, but this would be at your own risk, with no guarantee if the worktop did get wet.
If you need a guarantee for use as a Kitchen Worktop, then please look at these more expensive options - Realwood Kitchen Worksurfaces, Silkwood Kitchen Worksurfaces or Tiscan Kitchen Worksurfaces
We are able to supply FSC & PEFC Certified 40mm Pine Board with our Chain of Custody Certifications - CoC :
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 40mm Pine Board PSE BMT-PEFC-1119.150 or 40mm Pine Board TT-CoC-003944.150 - POA;
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 40mm Pine Board sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Worktop after cutting; 4.15 metre Pine Timber Worktop is cut specially and supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Pine 40mm Worktops can be ordered online;
This worktop is too long for Carrier Delivery, so can only be sent on our van, or direct from our supplier - POA;
Pine worktops can be sent by carrier if we cut to two or more pieces shorter than 3 metres;
For cutting "for despatch" or extra cuts, add the number of cuts from - Machining in Yard
For a better cut in the workshop select - Machining in Workshop & add extra cuts if you want the ends trimming - POA:
Add to basket, then please Continue Shopping <--- & Add (...) of the delivery item to basket - Haulier Delivery
- Please contact us for deliveyr costs, depending on postcode, adn any cutting details - 01254 54000
Delivery is set up for 1 Board to be cut & sent by haulier to Cambridge postcodes;
(Please contact us for other quantities / other postcodes)
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for Solid-Stave Pine Worktops
JAS Delivery of Pine Worktops on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
Approximate weights for panels of 4.15 Metre Finger-jointed Pine Kitchen Worktops shown in Kg, to include packing;
Carrier Delivery of Pine Worktops is possible from £9.60 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg;
2.4 to 3.0 M. - poa; Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
Direct Delivery of 4.2 M. Pine Worktops is possible from our Importer, in full lengths, from £35 +vat - poa; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 4 metre Pine Kitchen Worktops, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The January 2017 Pine Jointed Board Price List is current - 01/03/2018 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants with any enquiries on these 4150mm x 40mm Pine Kitchen Worktops - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C- We do try to keep prices and specifications of Pine Worktops correct, but mistakes can be made!