Worksurface - Contract-Grade Knotty-Pine Jointed-Board 2950x650x40mm
40mm x 650mm Knotty Pine Jointed-Board - Solid timber Worktop 2950x650x40mm - "Contract Quality"
Must be Treated, Fitted, and Maintained to manufacturers instructions;
- 3m / 10' nominal Pine Worktop length - Actual length 2950mm
2950x650x40mm Laminated Economy Grade 40mm Pine Solid Timber Worktops.
The specification allows solid or engineered Pine finger-jointed timber staves 40mm to 60mm wide by 40mm thick, although at present staves are solid pine, and mainly 45mm to 48mm wide, and are finger-jointed at 300mm to 600mm lengths, and are generally untrimmed at the ends of the board except where we have cut it down from the original 4.15 metre length.
The knot size is quite big in Economy-Grade Pine - shown in our photos - and the timber is untreated.
Pine Timber Board should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content;
Not suitable for use as doors without suitable framing or bracing - twisting & cupping can occur if pine boards are not fixed in place.
For internal domestic use, in dry areas.
2950mm Pine Redwood Worktop sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±6mm on width, ±10mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after engineering the timber jointed-board, and cannot take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the Timber Jointed Board. (For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date. Redwood Furniture Board is square-edged, whereas the Whitewood Board that we also sell has 3mm chamfered corners.)
- Sizes measured - 01/07/2016 - Please contact us if you need more detail of current stock -
Other Pine Worktop sizes :
- Cut sizes: 1150x650x40mm - 1450x650x40mm - 1750x650x40mm - 2050x650x40mm - 2350x650x40mm - 2650x650x40mm - 2950x650x40mm or Cut to your Exact Size - poa; ( Full Size 4150x650x40mm )
For cutting in the workshop select - Machining in Workshop & Add extra cuts if you want the ends trimming - POA:
Knotty Pine is a natural product - Knots, Colour and Grain can vary from one worktop to another - They are not defects.
Pine is a softwood and isn't as hard or dense a timber as Oak, Iroko or any of the Hardwood Timbers that Kitchen Worktops are normally made from; It isn't as expensive either, so to an extent, you get what you pay for!
The key to a long lifespan for your Pine Worktop is treatment, and plenty of it! You would need to give 5 or 6 six coats of a Danish Oil treatment to both faces, all edges, and any cut-outs. Pine Worktops need to be fixed in place before any movement starts to occur in the timber; The worktops need to be fixed firmly enough to stop any cupping or twisting the is prevalent in boards that are as wide as this. the treatment for your Pine Worktops needs to be maintained - sanding down and another 2 coats per year is recommended.
"Contract Quality" means that this "Pine Worktop" is sold as a Solid-Pine Jointed-Board, ideal for use as worktops, desktops, shelving and solid panelling, where the Pine Jointed-Board can be fixed solidly in place, and used in a normal domestic environment, in a dry area. If you wish, you can use these as kitchen worktops, but this would be at your own risk, with no guarantee.
If you need a guarantee for use as a Kitchen Worktop, then look at RealWood Kitchen Worktops or Tuscan Kitchen Worktops :
If you need a guarantee for use as a Kitchen Worktop, then please look at these more expensive options - Realwood Kitchen Worksurfaces, Silkwood Kitchen Worksurfaces or Tuscan Kitchen Worksurfaces
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 40mm Pine Board sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We are able to supply FSC & PEFC Certified 3 Metre 40mm Pine Board with our Chain of Custody Certifications - CoC :
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 3M. 40mm Pine Board PSE INT-PEFC/COC-001119.150 or 3M. 40mm Pine Board INT-COC-003944.150 - POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Worktop after cutting; 2.95 metre Pine Timber Worktop is cut specially and supplied as a Special Order.
40mm Redwood Furniture Board:
- Sanded square-corner Furniture Board;
- Edge-glued laminated & end finger-jointed, from 40-60mm solid pine staves;
- Economy Grade Scandinavian Redwood - 40mm thickness Knotty Pine;
- Ideal for use as fixed furniture components, or fixed shelving;
Pine is a natural product - Knots, colour and grain can vary from one worktop to another - They are not defects.
Other Pine Worktop sizes :
- Cut sizes: 1150x650x40mm - 1450x650x40mm - 1750x650x40mm - 2050x650x40mm - 2350x650x40mm - 2650x650x40mm or Cut to Your Size; ( Full size 4150x650x40mm )
Select -Machining in Workshop if you need any extra work or cuts, or if you want the ends trimming - POA;
View JAS "Contract Quality" Solid Hardwood Kitchen Worktops - Solid Timber Worktops
If you need a sample, or if you need Solid Timber Kitchen worktops with guarantee, please take a look at - Tuscan Solid
Timber Worktops or Realwood Kitchen Worksurfaces
- The PEFC logo & PEFC® initials are registered Trademarks of the PEFC Council;
- The FSC logo & FSC® initials are registered Trademarks of the Forest Stewardship Council®.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for Solid-Stave Pine Worktops.
Van Delivery of Softwood 40mm Worktops in Blackburn, Lancashire and the North-West, from £10 +vat - poa; ( from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat; )
Chargeable carriage weights for 2950mm width-jointed Pine Worksurfaces may be shown in Kg per metre, or per length - to include the minimum of packaging, our careful packing and the Tuffnells Standard Zone-A Carriage Charge; To order online - Click add to Basket, taking care if there are any options to choose in drop-down menus; To see your ongoing Order Total or to amend it, click the small Checkout Trolley icon at the Top-RHS of the page in the Green Navigation-bar.
Tuffnells Carrier Delivery of 3 metre Pine Worksurface Lengths costs from £12.40 +vat - up to 10Kg and 2.4 metres x 400x400mm, then +50p per extra Kg; For 2.4 to 3 metres from £15 +vat more - poa; Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities to Zone A Mainland - poa other zones; The risk of damage is roughly 5% with carrier delivery, so we urge you NOT to sign for your consignment until you have checked it; Once signed ( "unchecked" is not valid ) - any carrier will deem that you have received your order in reasonable condition - It is then your responsibility; Please do not accept your delivery if damage is apparent - Refuse it marked "Damaged" so that it is returned to us - thanks. You can choose an "Insured" Tracked Delivery for £6 +vat extra, by adding - TNT Carriage
Haulier Delivery of 40mm x 2.9m Pine Laminated Worksurfaces can be done for larger quantities, charged per 1.2 metre pallet space to your postcode - poa;
Direct Delivery of 3m Pine Worksurface Sections may be possible from some of our suppliers - poa;
( Please tell us the delivery post-code for your enquiry about 2.95 metre edge-laminated Redwood Worksurfaces, so that we can quote for shipping. )
- The April 2022 Quarterly 50mm Scandinavian Softwood Price-Lists will apply unless there is a new currency based over-rider - 01/04/2022
- Please phone us at JAS Timber for any further details about 2.95 metre x 40mm Pine Jointed Worksurfaces - 01254 54000
E.&O.E. see T&C - We try to keep prices and specifications of Machined 40mm Reds Worktop correct, please tell us if you see any errors.