Timber Mouldings and Beadings
Timber Mouldings and Beadings -
from JAS Timber - Walpole Street Sawmills - Blackburn BB1 1DB - Tel 01254 54000
We stock a full range of Profiled Softwood, Hardwood and Oak Moulds and Beads - Glazing beads such as Quadrants and Ovolo Beads in many sizes; Panel Mouldings such as Broken Ogee and Scotia Mould, again in various sizes; Sliding-Sash Window Mouldings - Parting Bead and Staff Bead are still stock items in Pine. A few other mouldings to mention are Corner Beads, Hockey Stick, Dowels and Half-Round Beads. We have Mouldings, T&G Floorings and Claddings in American White-Oak, European Oak and Dark-Red Sapele-Mahogany.
Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
Machined Timber should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content.
Sizes may be timber nominal size that the Profiled Timber Moulding is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Profiled Moulded Softwood, Hardwood and Oak sizes are generally ±2mm on thickness / ±4mm on width, there may be splitter-saw cut-edges, and ±20mm cross-cutting tolerance; This is the size immediately after machining the Timber Moulding, and does not take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the Timber. ( Be aware: For many reasons, size and profile of Pine, Hardwood and Oak Mouldings may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date. )
Profiles machined from Scandinavian Softwood, Dark Hardwood and White Oak are ideal as internal mouldings, floorings or claddings. Timber Mouldings are not recommended for use externally without suitable external treatment, finishing and maintenance for exterior use; Some mouldings are not recommended anyway if parts of the profile are too thin, not suitable for the purpose, or we have a more suitable moulding. Pine is a low durability timber, so not best suited for external use - White Oak is only slightly better. Dark Hardwood and European Oak are more durable externally, but will still need to be fully coated and maintained for exterior use; External use of whichever choice would be at your own risk - unless we have had the timber specifically vacuum-treated for you, with a guarantee certificate.
- JAS Timber cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined Timber Profile sizes, pattern, construction, grading, moisture-content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before purchasing, & notify us in writing on your order.
We can supply FSC or PEFC Certification for Timber Profiles, with our Chain of Custody Certificates, CoC; JAS Timber CoC Certification - for FSC Timber Moulding is INT-COC-003944.150 - and for PEFC Timber Moulding it is INT-PEFC/COC-001119.150 - poa;
- Check your Profiled Timber Mouldings delivery on arrival, to see that all it's component dimensions, any mouldings, any glazing, and that ALL other details are correct, prior to any related work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Moulded Timber once work has commenced; Profiled Timber orders at variance with our Stock-holding and ALL Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
Poa - Extra Cutting or Machining on Moulded Timber - Machining in Yard - Machining In Workshop - Workshop Time
We stock a wide range of Timber Mouldings in Softwood, Hardwood, Ash and Oak.
Our Mouldings and Beadings ranges can be seen -
- Pine Mouldings
- Hardwood Mouldings
- Oak Mouldings
|Mason's Timber - Cheshire Mouldings - Richard Burbidge |
Mouldings and Beadings -
|- click to see Masons Timber Mouldings.|
|- click to see Cheshire Mouldings Profiles.|
|- click to see Richard Burbidge Mouldings.|
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for Profiled Pine, Hardwood and Oak Mouldings.
Van Delivery of Timber Moulds and Beads on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire and the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa; ( from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat; )
Chargeable carriage weights may be shown for Profiled Timber Products in Kg per metre, or per length - to include the minimum of packaging, our careful packing and the XDP Standard Zone-A Carriage Charge; To order online - Click add to Basket, taking care if there are any options to choose in drop-down menus; To see your ongoing Order Total or to amend it, click the small Checkout Trolley icon at the Top-RHS of the page in the Green Navigation-bar.
Carrier Delivery of Moulded Softwood, Hardwood and Oak Profiles costs from £12.40 +vat - up to 10Kg and 2.4 metres x 400x400mm, then +50p per extra Kg; For 2.4 to 3.6 metres from £15 +vat more - poa; Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities to Zone A Mainland - poa other zones; The risk of damage is roughly 5% with carrier delivery, so we urge you NOT to sign for your consignment until you have checked it; Once signed - ( "unchecked" isn't acceptable ), any carrier will deem that you have received your order in reasonable condition - It is then your responsibility; We have tried to intervene with the carrier - but they are immune to complaints.
You can choose an "Insured" Tracked Delivery for £6 +vat extra, by adding - TNT Carriage
Haulier Delivery of Timber Mouldings and Beadings can be done for larger quantities, charged per 1.2 metre pallet space - poa;
Direct Delivery of Profiled Timber Lengths may be possible from some of our suppliers - poa;
( Please tell us the delivery post-code for your enquiry about Pine, Hardwood and Oak Profiled Sections, so that we can quote for shipping. )
- The April 2021 Scandinavian Redwood Softwood Timber Board Price List is current - 01/04/2021
- The April 2021 Hardwood and Oak Board Price Lists are current - 01/04/2021
- The Cheshire Mouldings January 2021 Timber Beadings Price List is current - 01/04/2021
- The October 2020 Richard Burbidge Timber Mouldings Price List is current - 01/04/2021
- The Masons Timber October 2020 Softwood, Hardwood and Oak Mouldings Price Lists are current - 01/04/2021
- Please phone us at JAS Timber for any further details about Prepared Timber Moulds and Beads - 01254 54000
E.&O.E. see T&C - We try to keep prices and specifications of Profiled Timber correct, please tell us if you see any errors.