Terms & Conditions
Our terms and conditions comply with UK legislation and are designed to ensure that our customers can shop easily and with confidence with jastimber.co.uk.
These terms and conditions only apply to web site sales.
JAS Timber Ltd
t/a JAS Timber ®
Walpole Street Sawmills
Terms & Conditions of Sale:
In these conditions, all references to "The Company" shall be construed as meaning JAS Timber Ltd., and the expression "The Customer" shall be construed as meaning the party with whom the Company is contracting for the supply of goods, or provision of services.
Unless otherwise expressly agreed by the Company in writing, these conditions shall apply to all contracts for the sale of goods and/or the provision of services entered into by the Company with any Customer. No servant or agent of the Company acting on his own shall have power to alter or in any way vary these Conditions. Any attempt by any Customer to vary these conditions or to substitute alternative conditions whether in writing or otherwise shall be of no effect.
- All orders are taken subject to the availability of goods and materials in stock, and the Company reserves the right to alter the specification of, or withdraw any item without prior notice.
- Any order received by the Company in persuance of a quotation or otherwise, and whether made orally or in writing shall be deemed to be an offer to contract, and no binding and valid contract shall be effected unless and until the Company accepts the Customer's offer.
- Save where expressly stated, all prices quoted are exclusive of Value Added Tax. (VAT.)
- The Company reserves the right at any time to alter any of its prices without notice. In respect of goods delivered after such change of price, the price charged shall be the price ruling at the date of despatch of the goods by the Company.
- Where the quotation price is stated to include delivery, this means delivery during normal working hours of the Company (details of which are available on request) and additional charges will be made for any delivery outside those normal working hours.
- Unless otherwise agreed, all prices are net and shall not be subject to any discount, and accounts shall be due for payment on or before the last day of the month following the month of delivery.
- Interest at the rate of 4% above the Bank of England minimum lending rate, shall be due on any overdue invoiced amounts.
- If and so long as the Customer is in arrear with any payments due hereunder, the Company may at its sole discretion suspend further deliveries under this and/or any other contract with the Customer, whether made before or after this contract.
- Any dates and times quoted for delivery are estimated only, and time shall not be of the essence of the Contract. (ie Do not book workmen ahead, for fitting goods - wait until you have received the full order and checked that all the items are correct in every way first.) JAS Timber Ltd will not be held responsible for any time related costs.
- Where the Company is to deliver goods, delivery will be as near to the place where the customer requires delivery to be made as, in the absolute discretion of the Company, a safe, hard road permits.
- The Customer shall be responsible for the unloading of the goods, and the Company shall not be liable for any damage that occurs in the course of unloading. A maximum period of 15 minutes is allowed for the purpose of unloading each vehicle, and if the unloading period for any reason extends beyond the 15 minutes allowed, demurrage will be charged at the Company's current rates, from time to time in force.
- Where appropriate, mechanical handling or cranage should be available and provided by the customer on site to facilitate the unloading of components from delivery vehicles.
- If the Customer, his agents or sub-contractors shall refuse or otherwise fail to accept delivery, payment in respect of those goods shall be due within seven days of receipt by the customer of written notification from the Company that the goods are ready for despatch and charges for storage and demurrage shall be calculated on the basis of the Company's current rates from time to time in force, and shall be for the account of the Customer.
The Company shall be under no liability if it is unable to carry out any order (including any delays in delivery) for any reason beyond its control including, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, Act of God, fire, inclement or exceptional weather conditions, official or unofficial industrial action, hostilities, shortage of labour, materials, power or other supplies, governmental order or intervention or any other such cause whatsoever beyond the Company's control or of an unexpected or exceptional nature.
Title to Goods
Ownership in any goods supplied by the Company shall not pass to the Customer until payment for such goods has been received by the Company in full. Until the time of actual payment to the Company of the total amount owing in respect of goods the Customer shall hold the goods as bailee and shall store the goods in such a way as to be clearly identifiable as the property of the Company. Until such time, the Customer shall not be entitled to sell the goods or deal with them in any way that is not consistent with the Company's ownership of the goods and the Customer hereby irrevocably authorises the Company and any of its agents to enter upon the property where the goods are kept, to remove those goods.
- The Customer shall be solely responsible for taking all necessary measurements and dimensions and shall notify all measurements and dimensions to the Company in writing, and the Company shall not be liable for any loss resulting from inaccuracy in such measurements and dimensions.
- The storage, handling, erection and use of timber components or other items, shall be in accordance with any manufacturers recommendations, Building Regulations, and legal requirements. (Details of any manufacturers recommendations may be available on request).
The liability of the Company in any case, shall be limited to the replacement of any goods that are defective.
Return of Goods
The Company will not accept the return of any goods supplied in accordance with any contract except by written agreement, and the Company accepts no liability whatsoever for goods returned in any other circumstances. Where goods are accepted by return, restocking / inspection / repackaging charges may be applied by our suppliers. (We have found in many instances this to be 30% or more, to cover packaging and haulage costs.) We charge 25% to cover our initial packaging costs, and time spent on return to receive goods, check them and put them back into stock.
All disputes or differences which may arise touching the provisions hereof or the rights and liabilities of the parties hereunder shall (unless otherwise provided) be referred to arbitration in England under the Arbitration Acts 1950 to 1979 or any modification by an arbitrator to be agreed on by the parties, or in default thereof appointed by the President for the time being of the Law Society.
All contracts to which these Conditions apply shall in all respects be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England.
Complaints regarding all the goods supplied must be notified to the supplier within twenty-four hours from the time the goods are received on site.
- Only products marked as FSC® are FSC certified.
- Only products marked as PEFC™ are PEFC certified.
©2007 - 2014 JAS Timber™
Page update 2014-06-26 T14:32:00+00:00 E&OE
Distance Selling - 01/02/2010 - Pricing
All prices are in £ sterling and exclusive of VAT and exclusive of packaging and delivery charges to addresses in the UK. Any exceptions will be clearly marked on the website where relevant. Prices may be subject to change without notice, but we will only confirm your order at an altered price with your agreement.
You may pay by any major credit card, debit card or BACS if ordering through the website, or by cheque, UK postal order, money order or BACS if ordering by post. Please do not send money (bank-notes) in the post - Cash can be deposited at any NatWest or Santander Bank and transferred to our account using the details given when making a cash purchase on the website.
Whilst this website is designed with UK customers in mind, prices do not include UK Sales Tax (VAT), currently at 20%, which may not be payable by foreign customers; however, due to the size and nature of the products we sell, the additional delivery charges will probably be prohibitive to send items abroad. One area where we have had some success is in the sale of Toolbank tools where an export rate is possible. Please telephone and we will do our best to assist.
Items shown on this website may not always be in stock. If any of your chosen items is not in stock, you will be advised of our best estimate of availability and delivery date at the time you place your order. Please note that an indication of such dates is an estimate only, may be subject to change without notice, and does not constitute a contractual obligation by JAS Timber to supply goods by a certain date. However, if availability is unduly delayed, we will use our best endeavours to keep you informed.
Any manufactured joinery, or items not normally stocked by us will be regarded as a "Specials", which are non-returnable and non-refundable. We will use our best endeavours to effect any alterations required subsequent to placing of an order, but reserve the right to invoice for full payment of the original specification. Any deposit paid with order is only refundable at our discretion.
Product Images and descriptions
Please note that the colour of images shown on this website may be affected by the technology used to access it. Whilst we do our best to faithfully reproduce colours, some variation may occur.
(In any case, timber is a natural material, and variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected.)
Accepting orders and security
When you place an order, either by telephone, through the website, or in writing, we will treat it as an offer to buy. If we accept your order, we will send you a confirmation e-mail with your order number, at which point we make a legal contract with you. However, we will be entitled to refuse to accept your order if we feel it necessary, in which case we will e-mail you as soon as we can to let you know.
When you receive your e-mail confirmation, you will have an opportunity to check the details and correct any errors.
In deciding whether to accept your order we may use the information you have given to us, or we already hold about you, or which we receive from any enquiry we may make with various agencies, to confirm your identity. This assists us to protect you and us from fraudulent transactions. If we decline your offer on security grounds we may contact you to seek an alternative payment method or to advise you to visit one of our stores.
Except where specifically stated, prices are for goods collected from our yard in Blackburn; We can quote only for delivery to mainland UK through the website; We welcome enquiries from elsewhere, however, and ask that in these cases you contact us by Email, letter or telephone for onward shipping costs to these other locations.
Our deliveries in the UK mainland may be contracted to outside carriers who generally deliver Mondays to Fridays (excluding public holidays) between the hours of 7-30am and 5-30pm. (Delivery times may vary from this depending on the carrier, and the time of year; eg Longer hours may have to be worked at Christmas to cover the extra volume of deliveries.)
A premium Saturday a.m. (9-00am to noon) delivery is available, at an additional charge per delivery;
If you require this service, it must be specified at the time of ordering.
Evening and Sunday deliveries are not available by carrier, but may be available by our own van.
- The terms and conditions of our outside carriers apply to these contracted out deliveries.
We will inform you by Email or telephone of the expected delivery date. We regret that we are unable to specify exact delivery times within that date. All deliveries must be signed for and you should keep your receipt. If goods are showing obvious signs of damage in transit upon receipt, please refuse to accept the delivery; it is the buyer’s responsibility to check the goods for damage or incorrect delivery. No claim can be made if the Carriers Receipt is signed; signing for Goods as “Not Inspected” can not be accepted; it is deemed to be as if the goods are signed for and accepted. If the delivery is not signed for we can accept no responsibility.
Deliveries are made to “Kerbside”; the buyer must provide assistance in unloading the goods. It is assumed that the delivery address will be accessible by large lorry (18 Tons), or articulated lorry (40 Tons) if stated. If the goods are not received for any reason other than damage or incorrect delivery, or the delivery address is inaccessible to the Carrier, then the Carrier will still charge for that delivery, and the goods may have to be collected from the Carriers premises.
It may not always be possible to cancel goods with our suppliers, especially if the goods are a Special Order, or if our supplier has a policy not to accept returned goods;
We are pleased to offer a fair and equitable cancellation policy, which is in addition to your statutory rights.
Should your purchase disappoint in any way, you may normally cancel your purchase provided you notify us before, or within 14 days after delivery (unless the goods are a Special Order). Your product must be complete, unused and in 'as new' condition (e.g., if you have opened the box to examine the product you must have done so without damaging or marking the product in any way).
It should be returned at your own cost with the original box, packaging, accessories and paperwork.
All goods are examined in detail by ourselves prior to despatch to ensure that they leave our warehouse in perfect condition. However, transit damage unfortunately can occur. If your purchase is showing obvious signs of transit damage upon delivery, please refuse to accept delivery and notify us immediately. If damage is only evident upon opening of packaging, then you must inform us within 48 hours of receipt. In either case, we will then arrange re-delivery of replacement goods as soon as possible
Goods are fully guaranteed against faults in manufacture, materials or workmanship for a period of 12 months from delivery. No warranty is made in respect of commercial rather than domestic use. If your goods develop a fault within 28 days of delivery, the goods may be returned for either refund in full, or replacement. Replacement only is offered after 28 days and before 12 months. These promises do not apply to faults caused by accident, neglect or misuse.
Sales on this web site are governed by English law and you agree to submit any dispute to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. All orders are subject to these terms and conditions and no amendments will be accepted by us. These terms and conditions do not affect your legal rights.
These terms and conditions only cover the JAS Timber web site. Any other web sites to which you link from this site may be governed by their own terms and conditions. We accept no responsibility or liability for the content of web sites which are not under our control.
We are required by law to tell you that sales can be concluded in English only and that we do not file copies of customer contracts.
jastimber.co.uk is a trading name of JAS Timber Ltd; Walpole Street Sawmills, Lower Audley, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB1 1DB - United Kingdom;
We do not guarantee that this web site will be compatible with all customers' computers.
JAS TIMBER Ltd owns the copyright in all materials on this site, which may be used, downloaded, copied, reproduced, republished, posted, broadcast, transmitted or linked only for your own personal and non-commercial use. You agree not to adapt, alter or create any derivative work from any material on this site, or to restrict or inhibit the use or enjoyment of this site by anyone else. It is not permitted to create any link to or from this web site without our prior written consent.