Stairs - Closed Tread
Timber Staircases - Closed Tread :
We make staircases in our own workshop, and can manufacture to your measurements;
Options available include newel-posts, bull-nose steps and kite-winders, if required.
They can be made in a choice of timbers including Softwood, Sapele dark-hardwood and Oak or Ash light-hardwoods.
Treads can be made from MDF if required, and risers can be made from plywood.
Standard Stock Stairs :
- Domestic specification: 42º pitch, 13 risers of 200mm gives 2600mm floor to floor height.
Made to size :
- Domestic spec - maximum 42º pitch - treads 220mm minimum - rise 220mm maximum;
- Commercial spec - maximum 38º pitch - treads 250mm minimum - rise 180mm or 170mm maximum.
Stairs : Standard 2600mm or 2700mm height 42º Pitch - 13 Ply Risers with Softwood Strings & Treads - Domestic Spec.
- £175.00 + VAT 20%
- £334.00 + VAT 20%
- £486.00 + VAT 20%
- £495.00 + VAT 20%
Closed-Tread Staircases need to be ordered with an extra Delivery Charge - JAS Delivery
- Please contact us - 01254 54000
Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects. Staircases should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content.
Staircase Sizes may show the nominal timber size of components that the Staircase is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
( Be aware: For many reasons, the size, profile and other properties of Timber Staircase Sections may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date. )
- Check your Staircase on delivery, to see that all it's component dimensions, any mouldings, any glazing, and that all other details are correct, prior to any related work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variations;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Staircase; They are made and supplied as a Special Order.
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for Made to Measure Timber Closed-Tread Stairs.
Van Delivery of Made to Size Timber Staircases on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa ( from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat; )
Approximate weights of Timber Made to Measure Staircases may be shown in Kg;
Carrier Delivery of a Timber Staircase is expensive due to the weight, and not available for items longer than 3.6 Metres;
Haulier Delivery by pallet is possible for Timber Closed-Tread Stairs, charged per 1.2 M. pallet-space, depending on post-code;
( Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about Closed-Tread MtM Stairs, so that we can quote for the delivery charge. )
- The July 2018 JAS Timber Softwood Staircase Price List is current - 01/07/2018
- Please phone us at JAS Timber for any details about Timber Closed-Tread Staircases that we can make - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of Closed Tread Stairs correct, but mistakes can be made! Please let us us know if you do spot any errors - thanks.