Softwood Mouldings and Beads
Softwood Mouldings and Beadings -
from JAS Timber - Walpole Street Sawmills - Blackburn BB1 1DB - Tel 01254 54000
We stock a full range of Profiled Softwood Moulds and Beads - Glazing beads such as Quadrants and Ovolo Beads in many sizes; Panel Mouldings such as Broken Ogee and Scotia Mould, again in various sizes; Sliding-Sash Window Mouldings - Parting Bead and Staff Bead are still stock items. A few other mouldings to mention are Corner Beads, Hockey Stick, Dowels and Half-Round Beads.
Machined from the best joinery quality Scandinavian Redwood, imported beadings usually have fewer knots than larger mouldings that we have machined from joinery-quality timber in this country.
We also stock many different Dark-Red Hardwood, and Oak Mouldings and Beadings - Quadrant Glazing Bead, and Ovolo Beading, Dowels, Panel Mould, Corner Beads, Half-Round Beading and Fire-Door Glazing Bead. These are machined from Dark-Red Meranti or Dark Sapele-Mahogany, and American White Oak, or similar species.
- Now £3.84 + VAT 20%
- Now £2.80 + VAT 20%
- Now £3.20 + VAT 20%
- Now £4.50 + VAT 20%
- Now £4.16 + VAT 20%
- Now £97.84 + VAT 20%
- Now £3.68 + VAT 20%
- Now £3.28 + VAT 20%
- Now £3.76 + VAT 20%
- Now £9.52 + VAT 20%
- Now £11.76 + VAT 20%
- Now £15.12 + VAT 20%
As well as the JAS Range of Period Mouldings - which includes Architraves, Skirtings, Plinth Blocks, Dado Rails, Cornices and Picture Rails, we also stock or can obtain Mouldings and Beadings from Cheshire Mouldings, Masons Timber, International Timber, Richard Burbidge and Timbmet.
Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - they are not defects.
Moulding sizes may be the usual timber nominal size that the Profiled Moulding is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Profiled Moulded Wood sizes are generally within ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width - there may be one splitter saw cut-edge and ±20mm cross-cutting tolerance; ( More for large sections, and hardwoods in general. ) This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and cannot take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the Timber Moulds. The size and profile of timber mouldings may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.
Timber Mouldings are not recommended for use externally without suitable treatment and continued maintainance; Some Mouldings are not recommended anyway if they are too thin, not suitable for the purpose, or we have a more suitable moulding. External use of Timber Mouldings and Beadings is at your own risk - unless we have had the timber specifically vacuum-treated for you, with a guarantee certificate.
- JAS Timber cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined Moulded Timber sizes, pattern, construction, grading, moisture-content, treatment, certification, knots, colour, grain or finish.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before purchasing, & notify us in writing on your order.
We can supply FSC or PEFC Certification for Timber Mouldings with our Chain of Custody Certificates, CoC; JAS Timber CoC - FSC Certified Moulded-Timber INT-COC-003944.150 or PEFC Certified Moulded-Timber INT-PEFC/COC-001119.150 - poa;
- Check your Moulded Timber delivery on arrival, to see that all it's component dimensions, any mouldings, any glazing, and that ALL other details are correct, prior to any related work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Moulded Timber once work has commenced; Profiled Timber orders at variance with our Stock-holding and ALL Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
|Mason's Timber - Cheshire Mouldings - Richard Burbidge
Mouldings and Beadings -
|- click to see Masons Timber Mouldings.|
|- click to see Cheshire Mouldings Profiles.|
|- click to see Richard Burbidge Mouldings.|
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for Profiled Timber Beadings and Mouldings.
Van Delivery of Softwood Timber Mouldings on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire and the North-West, from £6.50 +vat - poa; ( from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat; )
Chargeable carriage weights for Profiled Beadings and Mouldings may be shown in Kg - to include the minimum of packaging, our careful packing and the XDP standard Zone-A Carriage Charge; To order online - Click add to Basket, taking care if there are any options to choose in drop-down menus; To see your ongoing Order Total or to amend it, click the small Checkout Trolley icon at the Top-RHS of the page in the Green Navigation-bar.
XDP Carrier Delivery of Beadings and Mouldings costs from £12.40 +vat - up to 10Kg and 2.4 metres x 400x400mm, then +50p per extra Kg; For 2.4 to 3.6 metres from £15 +vat more - poa; Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities to Zone A Mainland - poa other zones; The risk of damage is roughly 5% with carrier delivery ( there is no damage insurance with XDP ), so we urge you NOT to sign for your consignment until you have checked it; Once signed - ( "unchecked" isn't accepted ) any carrier will deem that you have received your order in reasonable condition - It is then your responsibility; We have tried to intervene with the carrier - but they are immune to complaints.
You can choose an "Insured" Tracked Delivery for £6 +vat extra, by adding - TNT Carriage
Haulier Delivery of Timber Moulding Profiles can be done for larger quantities, charged per 1.2 metre pallet space to your post code - poa;
Direct Delivery of Timber Bead and Mould Sections may be possible from some of our suppliers - poa;
( Please tell us the delivery post-code for your enquiry about Profiled Bead and Mould Timber Sections, so that we can quote for shipping. )
- The July 2021 Scandinavian Redwood Softwood Timber Board Price List is current - 01/09/2021
- The July 2021 Hardwood and Oak Board Price Lists are current - 01/10/2021
- The Cheshire Mouldings August 2021 Timber Beadings Price List is current - 01/10/2021
- The October 2020 Richard Burbidge Timber Mouldings Price List is current - 01/10/2021
- The Masons Timber October 2020 Softwood, Hardwood and Oak Mouldings Price Lists are current - 01/10/2021
- Please phone us at JAS Timber for any further details about Prepared Timber Moulds and Beads - 01254 54000
E.&O.E. see T&C - We try to keep prices and specifications of Profiled Moulds correct, please tell us if you see any errors.