3.5" VT&G "Reed & Bead" ( 88x14mm ) - Knotty-Pine Softwood Cladding
3.5" VT&G "Reeded & Beaded" Pine Cladding - 3-1/2" Tongue and Groove -
Finished size: 88mm Face-cover x 14mm Thickness - PEFC Timber Cladding / Single Beaded Matchboard.
From SCA Timber, this Moulded 4x3/4" Scandinavian Pine redwood timber cladding has approximately 3.5" face cover;
- Softwood is a natural material - variations in knots, colour, grain should be expected - They are not defects;
Price is shown per running metre, and per length in the drop-down menu - we can price larger quantities and pack lots per cubic metre.
You can see our range of T&G Floorings and Claddings - Timber Floorboard Matchboard Cladding
For cutting or machining of Reed & Bead Mould, see : Machining in Yard or for more accuracy see : Machining in Workshop
Other Mouldings & Beadings can be seen - Pine Mouldings - Hardwood Mouldings - Oak Mouldings
|Mason's Timber, Cheshire Mouldings & Richard Burbidge |
Claddings & Matchboards -
- The PEFC logo & PEFC® initials are registered Trademarks of the PEFC Council;
- The FSC logo & FSC® initials are registered Trademarks of the Forest Stewardship Council®.
100x22mm Softwood Reed & Bead Cladding is usually machined from 22mm Sawfalling Scandinavian Redwood Timber - Finished size : 88mm cover x 14mm thickness;
The present stock needs approximately 11.7 linear metres laid, to cover 1 square metre of finished wall or ceiling area; Don't forget you may have some wastage if you want to finish each board on a joist, as is the recommended practise.
- 4.2 Metre Lengths of Reed & Bead Cladding Lengths in Stock available for Delivery on our Van - 01/06/2020 -
- Latest Reed and Bead Stock has Scandinavian Mill mark : SCA - Previous marks include: TBT / *Royal* / ENSO;
- Carrier Delivery is available for 0.9 M. / 1.2 M. / 1.5 M. / 1.8 M. / 2.1 M. & 2.4 Metre Reeded & Beaded Softwood cut lengths -
- Lengths & Cutting Tolerances of Reed-and-Bead Redwood are shown in the drop-down menu -
The 1800mm Length has been discontinued - 16 Left in Stock
- Moulded 18x100mm softwood cladding;
- Finished size of 14x94mm - with an 88mm cover when boards are joined together;
- Machined from an excellent quality Joinery Fifth grade Swedish Redwood, with a few firm knots;
Reed and Bead-joint tongue and groove timber cladding is ideal to use for a feature wainscott panelling.
This product is deep-cut from 38mm Fifth Scandinavian Redwood Boards;
- (it very difficult to source 19mm boards on a regular basis, although it is possible to get pack quantities from time to time.)
Lengths can be random specification on this timber cladding, although at present we are using SCA Timber who are able to supply packaged to length generally; Normally we have 4.2 and 4.8 metre lengths in stock, which can be cut to shorter lengths for carrier delivery, but other lengths are available to order.
Timber Cladding tends to shrink, twist & cup when moved into the warmer drier environment of a house, so leave in the room to acclimatise in a stack, to stop the twisting and cupping, and shuffle the boards occasionally so that they dry out slowly and evenly, to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content;
If these Reed and Bead planed tongued and grooved boards are used externally for making your own garden buildings - sheds, summer houses, playhouses, dog kennels etc or if used for external Reed & Bead Cladding, Fascias, Soffits etc, Then it is your own risk, & the Boards must be treated with a suitable external timber preservative & weather-proof coating.
- Sizes measured as at - 23/07/2012 -
Previous Reed & Bead sizes have been 88mm Cover and 14mm thickness (there could be a mixture of these sizes).
Sizes may be the usual timber nominal size that the 4" Planed Reed & Bead Cladding is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Moulded 94mm x 14mm Redwood Cladding sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width, ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and cannot take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the Reed and Bead Timber Mould. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined Reed and Bead Cladding sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We are able to supply Certified 4 inch Reed & Bead Timber Cladding with our Chain of Custody Certifications - CoC :
JAS Timber CoC Certification - Reed and Bead INT-COC-003944.150 & Reed & Bead INT-PEFC/COC-001119.150 - POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Product once work has commenced; Larger orders and Direct Deliveries of Reed & Bead Timber are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
- £1.57 + VAT 20%
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 100mm Pine Reed & Bead Cladding.
Van Delivery of VT&G Timber Cladding on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £6.50 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
The weight of 3.5" Cover PEFC Softwood Reed & Bead Cladding is approximately 0.8Kg per metre, to include packaging;
Prepared 100mm Timber Reed & Bead Moulding can be purchased online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight;
XDP Carrier Delivery of Pine Reed and Bead Mould is possible from £12.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
XDP parcels can be up to -
2400x400x400mm/10Kg = £12.40 +vat - over 10Kg - per 1Kg = +£0.50 +vat
( The risk of damage is not known yet with XPD. )
- You can select a "safer" more reliable, tracked delivery with TNT for £6 +vat extra; Add this extra charge to basket - TNT Tracked Delivery
Haulier Delivery of Single Bead Matchboard by pallet can be arranged for larger quantities of 88mm Pine T&G Reed & Bead Boarding.
Direct Delivery of 88mm V-Reed & Bead Pine Cladding may be possible for larger orders to a Trade address - poa;
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 3-1/2" Tongue & Groove Single Beaded Cladding, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The July 2021 Scandinavian 22mm Redwood Price List is current - 01/07/2021
- Please phone us at JAS Timber for any further details about 100mm Pine Reed & Bead VT&G - 01254 54000
E.&O.E. see T&C - We try to keep prices and specifications of 3.5" VT&G Reed & Bead Timber Cladding correct,