Quadrant Glazing Bead 2.4 metres - Choose size - 9mm - 12mm - 15mm - 18mm [Dark Hardwood]
Quadrant Glazing Bead - 9mm to 18mm x 2.4 metres - Dark Hardwood
Standard Hardwood Quadrant is ideal for use as a Glazing Bead, as space is allowed at the back for the Silicone or Glazing Sealant.
If required, we can get Full Quadrant to order.
3/8" Quadrant Glass Bead ( 9x9mm ) - HTM876
1/2" Quadrant Glass Bead (12x12mm) - HTM880
5/8" Quadrant Glass Bead (15x15mm) - HTM881
3/4" Quadrant Glass Bead (18x18mm) - HTM882
Hardwood is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects;.
- 9mm to 18mm Hardwood Glazing Bead - In Stock - 03/02/2020
Quadrant Beading is also available in Softwood - Pine Softwood Quadrant Glazing Bead
Other Mouldings & Beadings can be seen - Pine Mouldings - Hardwood Mouldings - Oak Mouldings
|Mason's Timber, Cheshire Mouldings & Richard Burbidge |
Beadings & Mouldings -
Hardwood Timber Quadrant Glazing Bead is usually machined from Best Joinery quality Timber - Finished sizes : 9mm x 9mm - 12mm x 12mm - 16mm x 16mm & 18mm x 18mm -
The Timber Grading is to have a substantially knot free timber on three sides (of the square timber, before machining to quadrant bead.); The grading allows several knots per piece, but in practice there are a small number of knots in most pieces, and a few pieces are knot free. The specification for timber bead from our suppliers also allows engineered and finger-jointed timber timber to be used.
- Moulded Hardwood Quadrant Timber in Stock - 2.4 Metre Lengths - 03/02/2020 -
Quadrant Glazing Bead should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; Small hardwood mouldings can not be recommended for use externally; Meranti & Sapele Red Hardwoods are classed as Semi-durable Timbers; Hardwood Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective weather-proof finishing coats, however this is out of our control, so external use of Timber Quadrant Bead is at your own risk. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- Sizes measured as at - 15/08/2013 -
Sizes may be the usual timber nominal size that the Planed Hardwood Quadrant Beading is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Planed Hardwood Quadrant sizes are generally ± 1mm on thickness / ± 2mm on width, ± 6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and cannot take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the timber beading. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.
(At present we are receiving Quadrant with a chamfered Back & Quadrant with a full 900 angle back from Cheshire Mouldings, marked with the same product code).
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined Hardwood Quadrant sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Quadrant Bead once work has commenced. Larger orders of Timber Quadrant Beading, and Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can now take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for Quadrant Beading
JAS Delivery of Hardwood Quadrant Glazing Bead on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
Hardwood 9mm to 18mm Quadrant Beading weight is approximately 0.4Kg per 2.4M length, to include packing;
Prepared Timber Quadrant Glazing Bead can be purchased online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight;
XDP Carrier Delivery of Timber Quadrant Glazing Bead is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
XDP parcels can be up to -
2400x400x400mm/10Kg = £11.40 +vat - over 10Kg - per 1Kg = +£0.50 +vat
( The risk of damage is not known yet with XPD. )
- You can select a "safer" more reliable, tracked delivery with TNT for £6 +vat extra; Add this extra charge to basket - TNT Tracked Delivery
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about Quadrant Beading, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The July 2018 Hardwood Mouldings Price Lists are current - 19/09/2018 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants for any further details about 9mm - 12mm - 15mm & 18mm Quadrant Glazing Bead - 01254 54000
E. & O.E.see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of Hardwood 3/8 Inch - 1/2 Inch - 5/8 Inch & 3/4 Inch Quadrant Bead correct, but mistakes can be made!