Softwood PSE - Planed Square Edge Timber - Planed-all-Round Scandinavian Redwood & Whitewood - Planed Oak -
We stock 25mm / 38mm / 50mm / 75mm & 100mm nominal planed size Scandinavian softwood timber in various widths; lengths are usually a random specification varying from 2.4 to 5.4 metres.
We stock a wide range of planed timber, and timber mouldings in softwood, hardwood and oak.
Most machined joinery timbers are kiln-dried where the moisture level is brought down to 18-20%. Generally in a heated building, the moisture level can be 8-10%, and it is here, where the moisture level of timber is rapidly changed, that twisting, warping and splitting can occur. What can be done is to leave the timber in a room to acclimatise in a stack, to stop the twisting and cupping, and shuffle the boards occasionally so that they dry out slowly and evenly, to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content.
Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
Sizes may be the usual timber nominal size that the Planed Timber PSE is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Planed PSE Redwood sizes are generally ± 1mm on thickness / ± 2mm on width, ± 6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and does not take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the planed timber. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
Planed Softwood needs suitable treatment, finishing & maintenance for use externally;
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined Planed Timber sizes, pattern, construction, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Product once work has commenced. Direct Deliveries and larger orders of Planed Timber are supplied as a Special Order.
We stock a wide range of Timber Mouldings in Softwood, Hardwood, Ash and Oak.
Payment - We can now take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for PSE Timber (there is a 3% bank charge for credit cards);
Van Delivery of Planed Timber on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa(from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
Approximate Softwood PSE Timber weights are shown in Kg;
Planed Wood planking with purchase basket can be bought online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight;
Other products with no purchase basket may have a more complex delivery structure depending on weight, length & where you are - please contact us.
Carrier Delivery of Planed Timber Sizes is possible from £9.60 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg; 2.4 to 3.0 M. - poa Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about Planed Timber Sections, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The Scandinavian April 2017 Timber Board Price List is current; - 28/05/2017
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants for any further details about Planed Softwood and Hardwood Timbers - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of PSE Timber correct, but mistakes can be made!