Softwood PSE - Planed Square Edge Timber - Planed-all-Round Scandinavian Redwood - Planed Scandinavian Whitewood - Planed Ash - Planed Oak - Planed Dark Red Sapele Hardwood -
We stock 25mm / 38mm / 50mm / 75mm & 100mm nominal planed size Scandinavian softwood timber in various widths; lengths are usually a random specification varying from 2.4 to 5.4 metres.
We stock a wide range of planed timber, and timber mouldings in softwood, hardwood, ash and oak.
Most Machined Joinery Timbers are kiln-dried - where the moisture level is brought down to 18-20%. Generally in a heated building, the moisture level can be 8-10%, and it is here, where the moisture level of timber is rapidly changed, that twisting, warping and splitting can occur. What can be done is to leave the timber in a room to acclimatise in a stack, to stop the twisting and cupping, and shuffle the boards occasionally so that they dry out slowly and evenly, to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content.
Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
Sizes may be the usual timber nominal size that the Planed Timber PSE is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Planed PSE Redwood sizes are generally ± 1mm on thickness / ± 4mm on width, ± 10mm cross-cutting tolerance and there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and does not take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the Planed Timber. ( Be aware: For many reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date. )
Planed Softwood needs suitable external treatment, finishing and maintenance for exterior use; External use is at your own risk.
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined Planed Timber sizes, pattern, construction, grading, moisture-content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before purchasing, & notify us in writing on your order.
We can supply FSC® or PEFC® Certification for Planed Timber with our Chain of Custody Certificates, (CoC) - JAS Timber CoC - FSC Certified Planed Timber TT-CoC-003944.150 or PEFC Certified Planed Timber BMT-PEFC-1119.150 - poa;
- Check your Planed Timber delivery on arrival, to see that all it's component dimensions, any mouldings, any glazing, and that all other details are correct, prior to any related work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Planed Timber once work has commenced; Planed Timber Orders at variance with our Stock-holding and All Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
- The PEFC logo® & PEFC® initials are registered Trademarks of the PEFC Council®;
- The FSC logo® & FSC® initials are registered Trademarks of the Forest Stewardship Council®.
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for Planed PSE Timber.
Van Delivery of Planed Timber on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire and the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa; ( from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat; )
Chargeable weights for Softwood PSE Timber are shown in Kg, to include some packaging, our careful packing and the XDP® standard Zone A Carriage Charge; PSE Timber products with purchase button can be bought online - Just add to basket, which calculates shipping by this chargeable-weight; Other products with no purchase basket may have a more complex delivery structure depending on size, weight and postcode; Please contact us - 01254 54000
Carrier Delivery of Planed Timber Boards is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg and 2.4 metres, then +50p per extra Kg; For 2.4 to 3.0 metres - from £15 +vat extra - poa; Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities to Zone A Mainland - poa other zones;
( Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about Planed Timber Sections, so that we can quote for delivery. )
- The July 2018 Quarterly Scandinavian Softwood Price-Lists will apply unless there is a new currency based over-rider - 01/09/2018
- Please phone us at JAS Timber for any details about Planed Timber and Prepared Wood Sections - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of Machined Softwood correct, but mistakes can be made! Please let us us know if you do spot any errors - thanks.