Softwood PSE - Planed Square Edge Timber - Planed-all-Round Scandinavian Redwood - Planed Scandinavian Whitewood - Planed Ash - Planed Oak - Planed Dark Red Sapele Hardwood -
We stock 25mm / 38mm / 50mm / 75mm & 100mm nominal planed size Scandinavian softwood timber in various widths; lengths are usually a random specification varying from 2.4 to 5.4 metres.
We stock a wide range of planed timber, and timber mouldings in softwood, hardwood, ash and oak.
Most Machined Joinery Timbers are kiln-dried - where the moisture level is brought down to 18-20%. Generally in a heated building, the moisture level can be 8-10%, and it is here, where the moisture level of timber is rapidly changed, that twisting, warping and splitting can occur. What can be done is to leave the timber in a room to acclimatise in a stack, to stop the twisting and cupping, and shuffle the boards occasionally so that they dry out slowly and evenly, to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content.
Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
Sizes may be the usual timber nominal size that the Planed Timber PSE is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Planed PSE Redwood sizes are generally ± 1mm on thickness / ± 2mm on width, ± 6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and does not take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the Planed Timber. ( Be aware: For many reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date. )
Planed Softwood needs suitable external treatment, finishing & maintenance for exterior use; External use is at your own risk.
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined Planed Timber sizes, pattern, construction, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We can supply FSC® or PEFC® Certification for Planed Timber with our Chain of Custody Certificates, (CoC) - JAS Timber CoC - FSC Certified Planed Timber TT-CoC-003944.150 or PEFC Certified Planed Timber BMT-PEFC-1119.150 - poa;
- Check your delivery of Planed Timber, and that all component dimensions, mouldings, any glazing and all other details are correct, prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Planed Timber once work has commenced; Prepared Timber orders at variance with our normal stockholding, and all Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
We stock a wide range of Timber Mouldings in Softwood, Hardwood, Ash and Oak.
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for Planed PSE Timber.
Van Delivery of Planed Timber on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa; ( from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat; )
Approximate Softwood PSE Timber weights are shown in Kg;
Planed Wood ( with a purchase basket ) can be bought online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight; ( The basket is at the Top-RHS of the page, in the Green Navigation-bar - it's very small! Click it to check the ongoing price for your orde; )
Other products with no purchase basket may have a more complex delivery structure depending on weight, length & where you are - Please contact us - 01254 54000
Carrier Delivery Planed Timber Boards is possible from £9.60 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg; 2.4 to 3.0 M.+ £15+vat! Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities - Zone A Mainland - poa other zones;
( Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about Planed Timber Sections, so that we can quote for delivery. )
- The Scandinavian January 2018 Timber Board Price List is current - 01/01/2018
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants for any further details about Planed Softwood and Hardwood Timbers - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of PSE Timber correct, Please let us us know if you do spot any errors - thanks.