Dowel 2.4 Metre - Richard Burbidge & Cheshire Mouldings Pine Timber Dowelling
2.4 Metre Standard Softwood - Dowel
Pine Dowel - Smooth Timber Dowelling;
This may be sourced from International Timber, Richard Burbidge, Cheshire Mouldings or Masons Timber - Price is per 2.4 Metre length;
Richard Burbidge Pine Dowel 2.4 Metre
6mm Dowel (1/4") - Pine FB411 - Richard Burbidge - In Stock -
9mm Dowel (3/8") - Pine FB308 - Richard Burbidge - In Stock -
12mm Dowel (1/2") - Pine FB309 - Richard Burbidge - In Stock -
15mm Dowel (5/8") - Pine FB310 - Richard Burbidge - In Stock -
18mm Dowel (3/4") - Pine FB311 - Richard Burbidge - In Stock -
20mm Dowel (7/8") - Pine FB312 - Richard Burbidge - In Stock -
25mm Dowel ( 1") - Pine FB475 - Richard Burbidge - In Stock -
28mm Dowel (1-1/8") - Pine FB313 - Richard Burbidge - In Stock -
35mm Dowel (1-3/8") - Pine FB387 - Richard Burbidge - In Stock -
Cheshire Mouldings Pine Dowel 2.4 Metre
6mm Dowel (1/4") - Pine TM530 - Cheshire Mouldings;
9mm Dowel (3/8") - Pine TM531 - Cheshire Mouldings;
12mm Dowel (1/2") - Pine TM532 - Cheshire Mouldings;
15mm Dowel (5/8") - Pine TM533 - Cheshire Mouldings;
18mm Dowel (3/4") - Pine TM534 - Cheshire Mouldings;
21mm Dowel (7/8") - Pine TM535 - Cheshire Mouldings - In Stock -
25mm Dowel ( 1") - Pine TM536 - Cheshire Mouldings;
Timber Dowels in stock - 01/05/2017 -
Machined from PEFC or FSC Certified Clear Scandinavian Redwood;
There are very few knots in the smaller Softwood Dowel Moulding, and occasionally a few more in the larger dowel;
Pine Dowel Mould is ideal to use as an internal cover mould, such as covering screw holes.
Pine is a natural material - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
Other Mouldings & Beadings can be seen - Pine Mouldings - Hardwood Mouldings - Oak Mouldings
- The PEFC® logo & PEFC initials are registered Trademarks of the PEFC Council;
- The FSC® logo & FSC initials are registered Trademarks of the Forest Stewardship Council®.
|Links to Mason's Timber, Cheshire Mouldings & Richard Burbidge |
Beadings & Mouldings -
Moulded Timber Dowel is machined from an Unassorted Joinery quality PEFC Scandinavian Redwood softwood timber - from Richard Burbidge & Cheshire Mouldings.
The Richard Burbidge and Cheshire Mouldings Timber Grading is to have a substantially knot free timber on three sides ( of the square timber, before machining to dowel ); The grading allows several knots per piece, but in practice we have looked at many packs of dowel, and there have been lots of pieces that are knot free. The specification for timber bead from our suppliers also allows engineered and finger-jointed timber to be used.
- Prepared Timber Dowel - 6mm Dowel - 9mm Dowel 12mm Dowel - 15mm Dowel - 18mm Dowel - 20mm Dowel - 21mm Dowel - 25mm Dowel - 28mm Dowel - 35mm Dowel - In stock in 2.4 metre lengths - 01/04/2017 -
- Carrier Delivery is available for 2.4 metre moulded softwood Dowel lengths - see Delivery tab.
Prepared Softwood Dowel should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; Redwood Dowel can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment & weather-proof coating; External use of Timber Dowel is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- Sizes measured as at - 19/05/2014 -
Sizes may be timber nominal sizes that the Softwood Dowels are machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Redwood Softwood Dowel sizes (up to 25mm) are generally less than ±1mm on diameter, and less than ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and cannot take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the Softwood Dowel. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined Pine Dowel sizes, pattern, construction, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We can supply certified Planed Redwood Dowel with our Chain of Custody certifications, (CoC) :
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 2x1 PSE Reds TT-CoC-003944.150 or 2x1 PSE Reds BMT-PEFC-1119.150 - poa
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Dowel once work has commenced; Large non-stock Dowel orders, & Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
Considering the geographical distance of 300-odd miles i was very impressed at the speed of the delivery time. All in all a lot cheaper, easier and probably quicker than finding the time to get 2 x under 3yr olds into a car to drive 4 miles to an expensive B&Q or Wickes...I love internet shopping!
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payments online for Richard Burbidge or Cheshire Mouldings Timber Dowelling (there is a 3% bank charge for credit cards) -
Van Delivery of Pine Dowel on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
Wood products with purchase basket can be bought online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight;
Other products with no purchase basket may have a more complex delivery structure depending on where you are - please contact us.
Approximate Softwood Dowel weights are shown in Kg;
6mm Softwood Dowel Moulding is 0.06Kg per 2.4 Metre length - 1/4" Dowel;
9mm Softwood Dowel Moulding is 0.12Kg per 2.4 Metre length - 3/8" Dowel;
12mm Softwood Dowel Moulding is 0.20Kg per 2.4 Metre length - 1/2" Dowel;
15mm Softwood Dowel Moulding is 0.32Kg per 2.4 Metre length - 5/8" Dowel;
18mm Softwood Dowel Moulding is 0.40Kg per 2.4 Metre length - 3/4" Dowel;
21mm Softwood Dowel Moulding is 0.60Kg per 2.4 Metre length - 7/8" Dowel;
25mm Softwood Dowel Moulding is 0.83Kg per 2.4 Metre length - 1" Dowel;
28mm Softwood Dowel Moulding is 0.94Kg per 2.4 Metre length - 1-1/8" Dowel;
35mm Softwood Dowel Moulding is 1.47Kg per 2.4 Metre length - 1-3/8" Dowel;
44mm Softwood "Dowel" See 2"x2" Mopstick Handrail - 50mm Pine Mopstick Handrail
XDP Carrier Delivery of Dowel Timber Moulding is possible from £9.60 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
XDP parcels can be up to -
2400x400x400mm/10Kg = £9.60 +vat - over 10Kg - per 1Kg = +£0.50 +vat
( The risk of damage is not known yet with XPD. )
- You can select a "safer" insured and tracked delivery with TNT for £6 +vat extra; Add this extra charge to basket - TNT Tracked Delivery
Haulier Delivery by pallet can be arranged for larger quantities of Pine & Timber Mouldings.
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about Wood Dowel, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The September 2016 Richard Burbidge Timber Dowel Price List is current - 01/04/2017 -
- The Cheshire Mouldings January 2017 Softwood Timber Dowels Price List is current - 01/04/2017 -
- The Masons Timber January 2016 Softwood & Oak Timber Dowels Price List is current - 01/12/2016 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants for any further details about Masons Timber, Cheshire Mouldings & Richard Burbidge Pine Dowel - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of Pine Dowel correct, but mistakes can be made!