Contract Grade Pine Jointed Boards
Pine is an extremely versatile material and is thus widely used for a wide variety of different construction applications. In this edition of the JAS Timber blog, we'll be looking at some of the advantages of using pine as well as introducing our selection of Pro-Board pine jointed boards.
Advantages of pine include:
- Low Cost. When you're creating an aesthetic in a room that relies on timber, materials like oak and mahogany can be prohibitively expensive. Pine, on the other hand, is much lower in price yet can still provide the look that you're trying to achieve. When you purchase from JAS Timber, that low price is even more competitive!
- Durability. Though lower in price than other forms of timber, pine is extremely durable. It can stand up to everyday bumps and knocks without being damaged and is especially resistant to staining and scratching.
- Low Maintenance. Pine is a material that is noted for being especially easy to keep clean, making it ideal for areas of high traffic in the home or workplace.
- Appearance. The rich yet light natural tone of pine is extremely appealing to the eye and can complement almost any style of interior design without being overpowering. The natural grains and patterns make each piece unique. Pine can also be over-painted to coordinate or contrast with exiting colour schemes.
- Ease of Working. Any experienced woodworker will tell you just how easy it is to work with pine. The material is much easier to cut and carve than most other natural materials, resulting in a reduction in the time that needs to be spent on any given project. Unlike many other materials, pine readily accepts nails and screws.
ProBoard Pine jointed boards are cut from solid pine staves, are edge-glued laminated and finger-jointed on the length. Available in a selection of sizes with thicknesses of either 18mm, 27mm, 32mm and 40mm the A/B grade boards feature sanded square-corner profiles.
Supplied in polythene wrappers to control any movement of moisture, Pro-Board pine jointed boards are extremely versatile and can be used for a variety of different applications including door/window linings, lightboxes, shelves, kitchen carcasses, storage boxes, furniture, room dividers, display units, desktops and worktops.
Check out the JAS Timber website for more information about Pro-Board Pine Jointed Furniture Board