3/4 inch Moulded Timber Birdsmouth Corner Bead is usually machined from 21mm Best Joinery quality PEFC Scandinavian Softwood Redwood Timber - Finished size : 18mm x 18mm - 70643 Masons Timber - TM640 Cheshire Mouldings - FB295 Richard Burbidge -
The Cheshire Mouldings Timber Grading is to have a substantially knot free timber on three sides (of the square timber, before machining to corner bead.); The grading allows several knots per piece, but in practice there are a small number of knots in most pieces, and a few pieces are knot free. The specification for timber bead from our suppliers also allows engineered and finger-jointed timber timber to be used.
- Moulded 3/4" Birdsmouth Timber Bead in stock - 2.4 Metre Lengths - 07/12/2016 -
3/4" Birdsmouth Corner Bead should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; Small softwood mouldings can not be recommended for use externally; External use of 18x18mm Planed Timber Birdsmouth Corner Bead is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective weather-proof finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- Sizes measured as at - 15/08/2013 -
Sizes may be the usual timber nominal size that the 21x21mm Planed Redwood Softwood Birdsmouth Corner Moulding is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Planed 18mm x 18mm Redwood Birdsmouth sizes are generally ± 1mm on thickness / ± 2mm on width, ± 6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and cannot take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the timber dowel. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
We are able to supply FSC or PEFC Certified 20mm x 20mm Timber Birdsmouth with our Chain of Custody Certifications - CoC :
JAS Timber CoC certification - 20mm Corner BMT-PEFC-1119.150 or 20mm Corner TT-CoC-003944.150 - POA;
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 20mm Birdsmouth Corner Bead sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Corner Bead once work has commenced. Orders of TM640 / FB295 or 70643 Timber Corner Mould, and Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.