Sheet Materials, Panels, Boards and Kitchen Worktops -
from JAS Timber - Walpole Street Sawmills - Blackburn BB1 1DB - Tel 01254 54000
We stock a wide range of Sheet Materials including - Plywood, Real-Veneered Plywood Wallboard, Blockboard, Oak and Walnut Real-Veneered MDF Boards, OSB SmartPly / Sterling Board, Standard MDF, Reed and Bead profiled MDF Wainscott-Board, MDF Patterned Radiator Screens, Chipboard, T&G Chipboard Floor Panels, Hardboard, White Hardboard, Pegboard, White Pegboard, Plasterboards, Fire and Sound reducing Fermacell Board, Phenol-Faced Boards - Wagon Boards and Concreting Boards, Pine Jointed-Board, Oak Jointed-Board, MFC Plas up to 12x6', MFMDF ( Plas-coated MDF for Commercial furniture and other applications ), 600mm and 665mm Kitchen Worktops up to 4.1 metres, 900mm Breakfast Bars up to 4.1 metres and Laminates in various sizes.
Generally, board sizes in stock are 8x4' Imperial size ( 2440mm x 1220mm ), and some thicknesses of 10x4' board ( 3050mm x 1220mm ), although larger sizes such as 10x5' ( 3050mm x 1525mm ), and 12x6' ( 3660mm x 1830mm ) may be available to order. Some of our suppliers have Vertical-presses, where bespoke sizes of Veneered Ply / Blockboard / MDF can be made, for the right price ( with sufficient quantity ). Other Presses are used for Laminated Kitchen Worktops, and there are also Horizontal-presses for Solid-Stave Jointed-Timber Boards and Solid-Timber Kitchen Worktops which can also be made to size; Please contact us with your enquiries at JAS Timber - 01254 54000
Timber-based Sheet Materials are natural products - variation in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
Colour and specifications can vary from batch to batch, and even from one sheet to another in the same pack.
Sizes may be a nominal size that the Sheet Material is manufactured to, with a finished size that is generally obtained; ( Be aware: For many reasons, the size, profile and other properties of Timber Panel Products may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date. )
Sheet Materials may not be suitable for exterior use, unless confirmed in writing for your order; External use is at your own risk, and would need suitable external treatment, finishing and maintenance.
- JAS Timber cannot be held responsible for any variations in Panel Product sizes, pattern, construction, grading, moisture-content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before purchasing, & notify us in writing on your order.
- The PEFC logo® & PEFC® initials are registered Trademarks of the PEFC Council®;
- The FSC logo® & FSC® initials are registered Trademarks of the Forest Stewardship Council®.
We can supply FSC or PEFC Certification for Sheet Materials, with our Chain of Custody Certificates, (CoC) - JAS Timber CoC Certification - for FSC Panels is INT-COC-003944.150 - and for PEFC Panels, is INT-PEFC/COC-001119.150 - poa;
- Check your Panel delivery on arrival, to see that all it's component dimensions, any mouldings, any glazing, and that ALL other details are correct, prior to any related work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Sheet Materials once work has commenced; Board orders at variance with our Stock-holding and ALL Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for Standard, Veneered and Profiled Panel Products.
Van Delivery of Panel Products on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire and the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa; ( from: Manchester £30 +vat; Lancaster £40 +vat; Liverpool £45 +vat; Leeds £60 +vat; )
Chargeable carriage weights of Panel Products may be shown in Kg to include the minimum of packaging, our careful packing and the XDP Standard Zone-A Carriage Charge; To order online - Click add to Basket, taking care if there are any options in drop-down menus; To see your ongoing Order Total or to amend it, click the small Checkout Trolley icon at the Top-RHS of the page in the Green Navigation-bar.
Carrier Delivery of Standard, Veneered and Profiled Panel Board costs £12.40 +vat for up to 10Kg and 2.4 metres, then 50p per Kg to Zone A mainland - poa other zones;
If sent by carrier it is better to cut Thin Panels to a smaller size to avoid damage in transit;
For 1 or 2 sheets only, 4mm and 6mm Board must be cut for Transport -
- This can be 4x4 - 4x32" - 4x2 or 2x2 approximate sizes for packing ( less sawcuts )
- Please let us know your required size.
3 sheets or more are strong enough to be sent by carrier as full size 8x4.
For approximate size cutting on Standard, Veneered and Profiled Boards for Transport, select - Machining in Yard
For a better cut in the Workshop select - Machining in Workshop For more accuracy, and to reduce the spelching on the underside of the sheet;
Haulier Delivery of Standard, Veneered and Profiled Panels can be arranged for larger pallet quantities - poa;
Direct Delivery of Standard, Veneered and Profiled Panel Products may be possible from some of our suppliers depending on quantity - poa;
( Please tell us the delivery post-code for your enquiry about Finished or Unfinished Sheets and Panels, so that we can quote for shipping. )
- The January 2021 Panel Price List is current - 01/05/2021
- Please phone us at JAS Timber with any further enquiries about all types of Sheet Materials - 01254 54000
E.&O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of Panels and Boards correct, please tell us if you see any errors.