OM002 Oak 7/8" Scotia Bead - size: 21x21mm x 2.4 metre length.
7/8" Scotia Mould (21x21mm x 2.4 Metres) Oak Beading - Cheshire Mouldings® OM002
- Oak Glass Bead 21mm x 21mm Scotia - White Oak - Price per 2.4 Metre length;
21x21mm x 2.4 Metres White Oak Scotia Glass Beading - from Cheshire Mouldings.
Machined from American White Oak, or similar species;
Ideal as a cover bead around a room between flooring and skirting board, as an inside-corner beading, as a cover mould, or as a corner-panel moulding.
White Oak is a low to medium durability timber, so not not best suited for external use.
European Oak is more durable externally, but will still need to be fully coated and maintained for external use.
Oak is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
As well as the JAS Range of Period Mouldings - which include Dado Rails, Cornices and Picture Rails, we also stock or can obtain Mouldings and Beadings from Cheshire Mouldings®, Mason's Timber Products®, Richard Burbidge®, Timbmet® and International Timber®e2.
01/07/2017 - Alternatives
In Stock for Carrier Delivery - OM001 15mm Scotia Bead
In Stock for Carrier Delivery - OM004 18mm D-Mould Bead
In Stock for Carrier Delivery - OM007 34mm D-Mould Bead
In Stock for Carrier Delivery - OM008 46mm D-Mould Bead
Other Mouldings and Beadings can be seen - Pine Mouldings - Hardwood Mouldings - Oak Mouldings
|Mason's Timber® - |
Cheshire Mouldings® and Richard Burbidge®
Oak Beadings and Mouldings -
- The PEFC logo® and PEFC® initials are registered Trademarks of the PEFC Council®;
- The FSC logo® and FSC® initials are registered Trademarks of the Forest Stewardship Council®.
OM002 - 21x21mm Scotia Mould is usually machined from 25mm American White Oak board or similar species of timber - Finished size : 21mm x 21mm - Cheshire Mouldings® OM002 Oak Mould -
The Cheshire Mouldings Timber Grading is to have a substantially knot free timber on three sides (of the Oak timber, before machining to Scotia Mould.); The grading allows several knots per piece, but in practice there are few knots in most pieces, and a few pieces may be knot free. The specification for timber bead from our suppliers also allows engineered and finger-jointed timbers to be used.
- OM002 American White Oak timber in stock in 2.4 metre lengths - 01/09/2017
21mm Oak Scotia Mould should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; Small oak mouldings can not be recommended for use externally; External use of 21mm x 21mm Oak Scotia Mould is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective weather-proof finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- OM002 Scotia sizes measured as at - 24/03/2016
Sizes may be the usual timber nominal size that the 21mm Oak Scotia Moulding is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Planed 21mm x 21mm Oak Scotia Mould sizes are generally ± 1mm on thickness / ± 2mm on width, ± 10mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and cannot take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the Oak Scotia Bead. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined OM002 Oak Scotia Mould sizes, pattern, construction, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before ordering, or commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We can supply certified Prepared Oak Scotia with our Chain of Custody certifications, (CoC) :
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 21mm Oak Scotia TT-CoC-003944.150 or 21mm Oak Scotia BMT-PEFC-1119.150 - poa;
- Add to basket - 1 Certification Charge per different product, or moulding size - Cheshire Mouldings CoC PEFC Certification.
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Pine Scotia Mould once work has commenced. Larger orders of OM002 Scotia Mould, and Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for Cheshire Mouldings® OM002 Oak Scotia Glazing Bead ( there is a 3% bank charge for credit cards )
Van Delivery of 21mm Oak Scotia Glazing Mould on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa; ( from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat )
Oak OM002 21x21mm Scotia Glazing Bead weight is approximately 1Kg per 2.4M length, to include some packaging, careful packing and XDP Carriers® Zone-A Carriage Charge; Prepared Oak 7/8 inch Scotia Mould can be purchased online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight;
XDP® Carrier Delivery of Oak Timber Scotia Moulding is possible from £9.60 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg - Zone-A mainland - poa other zones
XDP OM002 Oak Scotia parcels can be up to -
2400x400x400mm/10Kg = £9.60 +vat - over 10Kg - per 1Kg = +£0.50 +vat
( The risk of damage is roughly 5% with carrier delivery, so we urge you NOT to sign for your consignment until you have checked it; Once signed, any carrier will deem that you have received your order in acceptable condition - It is then your responsibility; We are unable to intervene with the carrier - they are immune to any complaints. )
- You can select an "Insured", Tracked Delivery with TNT® for £6 +vat extra; Add this extra charge to basket - TNT Tracked Delivery™ - 2.4 to 3.0 Metres from £15 +vat - poa; Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities;
Direct Delivery of OM002 21mm Oak Scotia Mould from Cheshire Mouldings may be possible, & costs from £35 +vat per order - poa; Don't forget - this price can include longer lengths such as Handrails and Baserails that are too long to be sent by our own carriers.
Haulier Delivery by pallet can be arranged for larger quantities of Oak Scotia Glass Bead Mouldings.
( Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 7/8" inch Profiled Oak Scotia Glazing Beadings, so that we can quote for delivery )
- The October 2017 Cheshire Mouldings Oak Mouldings Price List is current - 05/11/2017
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants with any enquiries about OM002 ak 21mm Scotia Glazing Mouldings - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of Machined Oak Scotia Glazing Bead OM002 correct, but mistakes can be made! Please let us us know if you do spot any errors - thanks.