OM001 15mm Oak Scotia Bead - 15x15mm x 2.4 metres | CHOOSE 1 length OR/ 1 bundle = 20
5/8 inch Scotia Mould ( 15x15mm x 2.4 metres ) Oak Beading - Cheshire Mouldings OM001
- Oak Glass Bead 15mm Scotia White-Oak - Price per 2.4 metre length +or/ Bundle of 20
15mm x 15mm x 2.4 metres White Oak Scotia Glass Bead OM001 - from Cheshire Mouldings.
Machined from solid American White Oak, or similar species;
Ideal as an inside-corner beading, as a cover mould, or as an internal-corner panel moulding ( In a dry domestic internal location ).
White Oak is a low to medium durability timber, so not recommended for external use.
European Oak is more durable externally, but will still need to be fully coated and maintained for exterior use.
Oak is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
As well as the JAS Range of Period Mouldings - which include Dado Rails, Cornices and Picture Rails, we also stock or can obtain Mouldings and Beadings from Cheshire Mouldings, Mason's Timber Products, Richard Burbidge, Timbmet and International Timber.
01/03/2021 - Alternatives
- In Stock for Carrier Delivery - OM001 15mm Scotia Bead
- In Stock for Carrier Delivery - OM004 18mm D-Mould Bead
- In Stock for Carrier Delivery - OM007 34mm D-Mould Bead
- In Stock for Carrier Delivery - OM008 46mm D-Mould Bead
- In Stock for Carrier Delivery - TM600 21x6mm Pine Glazing Bead
Other Mouldings and Beadings can be seen -
- Pine Mouldings
- Hardwood Mouldings
- Oak Mouldings
|Mason's Timber - Cheshire Mouldings - Richard Burbidge Mouldings and Beadings -|
|- click to see Masons Timber Mouldings.|
|- click to see Cheshire Mouldings Profiles.|
|- click to see Richard Burbidge Mouldings.|
15mm Scotia Mould is usually machined from 21mm American White Oak or similar species of Timber - Finished size : 15mm x 15mm - Cheshire Mouldings OM001 Oak Mould -
The Cheshire Mouldings Timber Grading is to have a substantially knot free timber on three sides (of the timber, before machining to Scotia Mould.); The grading allows several knots per piece, but in practice there are few knots in most pieces, and a few pieces may be knot free. The specification for timber bead from our suppliers also allows engineered and finger-jointed timber timber to be used.
- OM001 American White Oak Scotia is in stock in 2.4 metre lengths - 01/03/2021
15mm x 15mm Oak Scotia Mould should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; Small oak mouldings can not be recommended for use externally; External use of 15mm Oak Scotia Mould is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective weather-proof finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- OM001 Oak Scotia sizes are taken from the Cheshire Mouldings Product Guide - 01/01/2017
Sizes may be the usual timber nominal size that the 15mm Oak Scotia Mould is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Planed 15mm x 15mm Oak Scotia Moulding sizes are generally ± 1mm on thickness / ± 2mm on width, ± 10mm cross-cutting tolerance and there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and cannot take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the Oak Scotia Bead. ( Be aware: For many reasons, the size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date )
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined OM001 15mm Scotia sizes, pattern, construction, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before ordering, or commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We can supply FSC Certified Oak Scotia with our Chain of Custody Certificates, (CoC) - JAS Timber CoC Certification - OM001 INT-COC-003944.150 - poa;
- Add to basket - 1 Certification Charge per different product, or moulding size - Cheshire Mouldings CoC FSC Certification.
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Oak Scotia once work has commenced; Large non-stock OM001 Oak 15mm Scotia orders, and ALL Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for Cheshire Mouldings OM001 Oak Scotia 15mm Glazing Bead.
Van Delivery of 15mm Oak Scotia Glazing Mould on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire and the North-West, from £6.50 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa; ( from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat; )
The chargeable carriage weight of Oak OM001 15x15mm Scotia Glazing Bead is 0.75Kg per 2.4 metre length - to include minimum packaging, our careful packing and the XDP Standard Zone-A Carriage Charge; To order online - Click add to basket; To see your ongoing Order Total or to amend, click the icon at the Top-RHS of the page in the Green Navigation-bar.
XDP Carrier Delivery of 15mm Oak Scotia Bead OM001 Offer Lengths
XDP Carrier Delivery of Profiled Oak and Ash Mouldings costs from £12.40 +vat - up to 10Kg and 2.4 metres x 400x400mm, then +50p per extra Kg; For 2.4 to 3.6 metres from £15 +vat more - poa; Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities to Zone A Mainland - poa other zones; The risk of damage is roughly 5% with carrier delivery ( and no damage insurance with XDP ), so we urge you NOT to sign for your consignment until you have checked it; Once signed - ( "unchecked" isn't accepted ) any carrier will deem that you have received your order in reasonable condition - It is then your responsibility; We have tried to intervene with the carrier - but they are immune to complaints.
You can choose an "Insured" Tracked Delivery for £6 +vat extra, by adding - TNT Carriage
Direct Delivery of OM001 15mm Oak Scotia Mould from Cheshire Mouldings may be possible, and costs from £35 +vat per order - poa; Don't forget, this price can include longer lengths such as Handrails and Baserails that are too long to be sent by our own carriers.
Haulier Delivery can be done for larger quantities of Oak Glass Bead Mouldings.
( Please tell us the delivery post-code for your enquiry about Oak OM001 Scotia Mouldings, so that we can quote for shipping. )
- The April 2021 Oak Board Price List is current - 01/06/2021
- The Cheshire Mouldings January 2021 Oak Mouldings Price List is current - 01/06/2021
- The October 2020 Richard Burbidge Timber Mouldings Price List is current - 01/06/2021
- The Masons Timber October 2020 Oak Mouldings Price List is current - 01/06/2021
- Please phone us at JAS Timber for any further details about OM001 Prepared Oak 15mm Scotia Bead - 01254 54000
E.&O.E. see T&C - We try to keep prices and specifications of Oak Scotia Moulds correct, please tell us if you see any errors.