Oak Torus / Ogee 6 inch Skirting ( 20mm x 144mm ) - Solid Oak Skirting-Board
Oak 6 inch Torus / Ogee Reversible Skirting Board - ( 20mm x 144mm finished size )
- KD American White Oak (Kiln Dried) Ex 150x25mm nominal size - random lengths;
- ex 150x25mm Planed and Moulded KD American White Oak (Kiln Dried) - Finished size: 144x20mm - random lengths.
- 2.44-4.88m Metre Lengths - In Stock - 06/03/2020 -
- We will have to cut these for Carrier Delivery -
White Oak is widely used for Cabinet-making, Furniture manufacture, Shop-fitting, Panelling, Flooring and Joinery-work.
Oak is a temperate medium to light coloured hardwood;
6x1 Torus or Ogee Moulded Oak Skirting is ideal to give a "Period" look to your room.
Machined from American White Oak, or similar species;
Ideal as a plinth block to separate skirting-board from door or window architraves.
White Oak is a low to medium durability timber, so not not best suited for external use.
European Oak is more durable externally, but will still need to be fully coated and maintained for external use.
Oak is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
Price is per running metre of Oak 150x25mm Reversible Skirting, & per length in the drop-down menu;
- we can price larger quantities and pack lots per cubic metre.
For cutting or machining of 6 inch Moulded Skirting Board see : Machining in Yard or for more accuracy see : Machining in Workshop
Oak & Ash Timber Mouldings: Oak & Ash Profiles
Other Planed Timber sizes can be viewed: PSE Timber
Timber Wide Boards can be seen: Pine Jointed Board
150x25mm Torus / Ogee Moulded Oak Skirting is usually machined from 25mm Oak Timber Board - Finished size : 144x20mm;
- 2.44 & 4.88m Metre Lengths of 6 inch Oak Skirting in Stock - 06/03/2020 -
- Carrier Delivery is available for 2.4 Metre 150mm Skirting cut lengths -
- Latest 6" Skirting stock has no import mill mark;
- Lengths & cutting tolerances of 25x150mm Planed Oak Skirting are shown in the drop-down menu -
6x1 Oak Hardwood normally has no knots; but an odd one or two isn't unlikely; They are not deemed to be defects.
6x1 Planed Oak Skirting Board should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; 6 inch Moulded Oak Skirting can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment & weather-proof coating; External use of 6x1 Oak Skirting Board is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- 144x20mm sizes measured as at -
Sizes are the usual timber nominal size that the 25x150mm Moulded Oak Skirting is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Planed 6x1 Oak Hardwood sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width, ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined timber sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment or certification.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work.
We are able to supply Certified 6 inch Oak Skirting with our Chain of Custody Certifications, CoC :
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 6" Oak Skirting INT-COC-003944.150 & 6" Oak Skirting INT-PEFC/COC-001119.150- POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Product once work has commenced; Large orders and Direct Deliveries of 6" Oak Skirting are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can now take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for Oak 150mm Skirting Board
Van Delivery of 6" Oak Skirting Boards on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat)
The approximate weight of 20x145mm Oak 6" Skirting Board is 2Kg per metre, to include packing;
Carrier Delivery of 150mm Oak Mouldings is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg;
2.4 to 3.0 M. + £15+vat! Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones );
Haulier Delivery by pallet can be arranged for larger quantities of 6" Oak Timber Mouldings.
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 148mm Oak Skirting Boards, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The April 2015 Oak Board Price List is current - 01/06/2018 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants with any enquiries about Oak 6" Skirting Boards - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of Machined Oak 20x145mm Skirting Board correct, but mistakes can be made!