3.5" Solid OAK "Reed & Bead" Matchboard (86x9mm)
3-1/2" Cover VT&G "Reed & Bead" Solid Oak Cladding
- 86mm Cover x 9mm Thickness - Real Oak Single Beaded Matchboard / Timber Cladding;
* 1.8m. lengths have been discontinued - Limited stock available. *
- Oak Bead & Butt Cladding moulded from 12x100mm White Oak;
- Finished size of 9x93mm - with a 9mm Thickness, and an 86mm cover when the boards are joined together;
- Machined from an excellent quality imported Oak board, with generally no knots;
Tongue and Groove Reed and Bead, V-joint timber cladding, Single Bead Matchboarding;
This timber moulding is ideal to use for feature Wainscott Panelling, and Boarded Infill Panelling.
External use is not recommended.
- OAK is a natural material - variations in knots, colour, grain should be expected - they are not defects;
- Images depicted are representative only.
Price is per running metre, and per length in the drop-down menu;
- we can price larger quantities and pack lots per cubic metre.
WE ALSO STOCK - OAK VT&G MATCHBOARD PLANK
ALSO SEE OUR OTHER T&G FLOORINGS and CLADDINGS - TIMBER FLOORBOARD MATCHBOARD CLADDING
For cutting or machining of 3" Reed Mould, see : MACHINING in Yard or for more accuracy see : MACHINING in Workshop
Other MOULDINGS & BEADINGS can be seen - PINE MOULDINGS - HARDWOOD MOULDINGS - OAK MOULDINGS
|Mason's Timber, Cheshire Mouldings & Richard Burbidge |
Beadings & Mouldings -
- The PEFC logo & PEFC® initials are registered Trademarks of the PEFC Council;
- The FSC logo & FSC® initials are registered Trademarks of the Forest Stewardship Council®.
100x12mm Oak Reed & Bead Matchboard Cladding is usually machined from 22mm White Oak Timber - Finished size : 93mm with tongue x 9mm thickness - with a 9mm Thickness, and and 86mm cover when the boards are joined together;
The present stock needs approximately 11.7 linear metres layed, to cover 1 square metre of finished wall or ceiling area; Don't forget you may have some wastage if you want to finish each board on a joist, as is the recommended practise.
- SOLD IN 1.8 M. & 2.1 M. LENGTHS FOR LOCAL or NATIONWIDE DELIVERY -
- IN STOCK - 1.8 Metres - 01/12/2016 - NEW STOCK 86mm COVER -
- IN STOCK - 2.1 Metres - 01/12/2016 - NEW STOCK 86mm COVER -
- IN STOCK - . @ 1.1 Metres - 01/12/2016 - OLD STOCK 88mm COVER -
- IN STOCK - . @ 2.0 Metres - 01/12/2016 - OLD STOCK 88mm COVER -
- IN STOCK - . @ 2.4 Metres - 01/12/2016 - OLD STOCK 88mm COVER - PLEASE CONTACT US IF MORE IS REQUIRED -
- Moulded 12x100mm softwood cladding;
- Finished size of 9x93mm - with a 9mm Thickness, and an 86mm cover when the boards are joined together; 88mm cover when the boards are joined together;
- Machined from an excellent quality imported White Oak, with generally no knots;
Reed and Bead-joint tongue and groove timber cladding is ideal to use for wainscott feature panelling and infill boards.
This product is deep-cut from 22mm White Oak Boards;
- (it very difficult to source 19mm boards on a regular basis, although it is possible to get pack quantities from time to time.)
Lengths can be random specification on this timber cladding, although at present we are using Masons Timber;
Timber Cladding tends to shrink, twist & cup when moved into the warmer drier environment of a house, so leave in the room to acclimatise in a stack, to stop the twisting and cupping, and shuffle the boards occasionally so that they dry out slowly and evenly, to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content;
If these REED and BEAD planed tongued and grooved boards are used externally for making your own garden buildings - sheds, summer houses, playhouses, dog kennels etc or if used for external REED & BEAD Cladding, Fascias, Soffits etc, THEN IT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, & THE BOARDS MUST BE TREATED WITH A SUITABLE EXTERNAL TIMBER PRESERVATIVE & WEATHER-PROOF COATING.
- SIZES MEASURED AS AT - 23/07/2012 -
PREVIOUS REED & BEAD SIZES HAVE BEEN 88mm COVER and 8mm THICKNESS (THERE COULD BE A MIXTURE OF THESE SIZES).
Sizes may be the usual timber NOMINAL size that the 4" Planed Reed & Bead Cladding is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Moulded 93mm x 9mm White Oak Cladding sizes are generally ± 1mm on thickness / ± 2mm on width, ± 6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and cannot take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the Reed and Bead Timber Mould. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined timber sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment or certification.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before ordering, or commencing work.
CERTIFIED REED & BEAD TIMBER CLADDING WITH OUR CHAIN OF CUSTODY CERTIFICATIONS - CoC - MAY BE OBTAINABLE
JAS TIMBER CoC CERTIFICATION - REED and BEAD TT-CoC-003944.150 & REED & BEAD BMT-PEFC-1119.150- POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Oak Product once work has commenced; Larger orders and Direct Deliveries of Reed & Bead Matchboard are supplied as a Special Order.
Payment & Delivery
We can now take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payments online for 3-1/2" Reed & Bead Oak Cladding (there is a 3% bank charge for credit cards) -
DELIVERY of 100mm Oak Reed and Bead Timber Cladding on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa;(from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
V-CLAD Oak 3.5" V-Groove Beaded Cladding weight is approximately 2.6Kg for 2.1 metre lengths, to include packing;
Prepared 100mm Oak Timber Reed & Bead Moulding can be purchased online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight;
XDP CARRIER DELIVERY of Oak Reed and Bead Mould is possible from £9.60 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
XDP parcels can be up to -
2400x400x400mm/10Kg = £9.60 +vat - over 10Kg - per 1Kg = +£0.50 +vat
( The risk of damage is not known yet with XPD. )
- You can select a "safer" more reliable, tracked delivery with TNT for £6 +vat extra; Add this extra charge to basket - TNT TRACKED DELIVERY
HAULIER DELIVERY of Single Bead Oak Matchboard by pallet can be arranged for larger quantities of 86mm Oak VT&G Boarding.
DIRECT DELIVERY of 86mm VT&G Reeded Oak Cladding is possible from £30+vat to a Trade address - poa;
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 3.5" Reeded & Beaded Timber Cladding, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The SEPTEMBER 2016 Masons Oak Board Price List is current; - 21/03/2017 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants for any further details about Reed & Bead 3.5" Oak V-Groove T&G Timber Matchboard - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of Oak 86mm Reed & Bead correct, but mistakes can be made!