OAK Tongued and Grooved Floorboard with small V-ed corners;
ex 6x1" American White Oak. There are no stability grooves (if required they can be machined, but in batches of approx. 350 metres!)
- 4.8 M. & 4.5 METRE LENGTHS IN STOCK - 19/01/2016 -
- CARRIER DELIVERY IS AVAILABLE FOR 0.9 M. - 1.2 M. - 1.5 M. - 1.8 M. - 2.1 M. - 2.4 Metres
- Tongue and groove floor board from 6x1 KD Prime Grade Oak; with a finished-size: 5.5" Cover - 7/8" Thickness;
Machined ex 150x25mm American White Oak Kiln Dried boards - Planed Tongued & Grooved PTGV;
Prime Grade Oak generally is an 80/20% mixture of FAS / F1F which allows a few small defects;
Machined to 20mm x 137/140mm Face Cover PTGVJ-1S Oak Flooring with small 3mm V-Joint 1-side;
At present the cover, when the boards are joined together, is 139mm (5-1/2") and thickness is 20mm (7/8"); - MEASURED - 25/09/2014 -
There are NO expansion/stability grooves machined into this Oak board.
If required, they can be machined as a special order;
Other profiles of match-board pattern can be machined as a special order (see the images);
(Depending on quantity - Probably 100+ Linear Metres.)
Oak Floorboard and Claddings tend to shrink, twist & cup when moved into the warmer drier environment of a house, so leave in the room to acclimatise in a stack, to stop the twisting and cupping, and shuffle the boards occasionally so that they dry out slowly and evenly, to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content;
- SIZES MEASURED AS AT - 19/01/2016 -
Sizes are the usual timber NOMINAL size that the 25x150mm Planed Oak Floorboard is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Planed 6x1 Oak Floorboard sizes are generally ± 1mm on thickness / ± 2mm on width & ± 6mm cross-cutting tolerance, and there may be one splitter-saw edge;
Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.
Various defects, surface checking, splits and knots occur naturally in timber, and are allowed in the grading of the timber;
They are not detrimental to the use of the Oak as Floorboard.
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined timber sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment or certification.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work.
WE MAY BE ABLE TO SUPPLY CERTIFIED OAK FLOORBOARD WITH OUR CHAIN OF CUSTODY CERTIFICATIONS - CoC :
JAS TIMBER CoC CERTIFACTION - OAK FLOOR-BOARD SA-CoC-003209 & OAK FLOOR BOARD SA-PEFC/CoC-003209 - POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Product once work has commenced; Larger orders and Direct Deliveries of Oak Floorboard are supplied as a Special Order.