OAK Tongued and Grooved Floorboard with small V-ed corners;
ex 6x1" American White Oak. There are no stability grooves (if required they can be machined, but in batches of approx. 350 metres!)
The present stock width needs approximately 7.2 linear metres layed, to cover 1 square metre of finished floor area; Don't forget you may have some wastage if you want to finish each board on a joist, as is the recommended practise.
- 4.8 M. & 4.5 METRE LENGTHS IN STOCK - 01/12/2016 -
- CARRIER DELIVERY IS AVAILABLE FOR 0.9 M. - 1.2 M. - 1.5 M. - 1.8 M. - 2.1 M. - 2.4 Metres
- Tongue and groove floor board from 6x1 KD Prime Grade Oak; with a finished-size: 5.5" Cover - 7/8" Thickness;
Machined ex 150x25mm American White Oak Kiln Dried boards - Planed Tongued & Grooved PTGV;
Prime Grade Oak generally is an 80/20% mixture of FAS / F1F which allows a few small defects;
Machined to 20mm x 137/140mm Face Cover PTGVJ-1S Oak Flooring with small 3mm V-Joint 1-side;
At present the cover, when the boards are joined together, is 139mm (5-1/2") and thickness is 20mm (7/8"); - MEASURED - 25/09/2014 -
There are NO expansion/stability grooves machined into this Oak board.
If required, they can be machined as a special order;
Other profiles of match-board pattern can be machined as a special order (see the images);
(Depending on quantity - Probably 100+ Linear Metres.)
Oak Floorboard and Claddings tend to shrink, twist & cup when moved into the warmer drier environment of a house, so leave in the room to acclimatise in a stack, to stop the twisting and cupping, and shuffle the boards occasionally so that they dry out slowly and evenly, to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content;
- SIZES MEASURED AS AT - 19/01/2016 -
Sizes are the usual timber NOMINAL size that the 25x150mm Planed Oak Floorboard is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Cover is approximately 138mm - the tongue is slightly offset from the centre of the board.
Planed 6x1 Oak Floorboard sizes are generally ± 1mm on thickness / ± 2mm on width & ± 6mm cross-cutting tolerance, and there may be one splitter-saw edge;
Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.
Various defects, surface checking, splits and knots occur naturally in timber, and are allowed in the grading of the timber;
They are not detrimental to the use of the Oak as Floorboard.
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined timber sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment or certification.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work.
WE MAY BE ABLE TO SUPPLY CERTIFIED OAK FLOORBOARD WITH OUR CHAIN OF CUSTODY CERTIFICATIONS - CoC :
JAS TIMBER CoC CERTIFACTION - OAK FLOOR-BOARD TT-CoC-003944.150 or OAK FLOOR BOARD BMT-PEFC-1119.150 - POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Product once work has commenced; Larger orders and Direct Deliveries of Oak Floorboard are supplied as a Special Order.