T&G Oak Flooring 6" ( Finished 139x20mm ) with V-1-side
Oak Floorboard Tongue and Groove ex 6" x 1"
150x25mm KD American White Oak T&G Flooring
( Finished size - 139mm x 20mm )
Current stock has a V-Groove One Side, and no stability grooves underneath;
Oak is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected. These are not considered defects.
This is sold for Internal use, as American White Oak is of low to medium durability; External use is at your own risk; Consider using European Oak if you do have an external application.This is a medium to high durability timber which will stand up better to being used externally, although it should still be given full external weatherproofing treatment.
The price shown is per running metre, and per length in the drop-down menu -
Machined from American White Oak kiln dried boards;
This is a heavy, solid floorboard; It has NO stability grooves underneath.
- Price per linear metre ( is equivalent to £60.50 per square metre +vat; )
Also see :
Unfinished Softwood Floorings from £11.80 + vat per square metre - Softwood Flooring
Lacquered & Oiled T&G 4-sides Oak Flooring - Oak Flooring
Richard Burbidge Express Laminate Flooring, Engineered Timber, & Solid Timber Flooring - Express Flooring
Oak Tongued and Grooved Floorboard with small V-ed corners;
ex 6x1" American White Oak. There are no stability grooves (if required they can be machined, but in batches of approx. 350 metres!)
The present stock width needs approximately 7.2 linear metres laid, to cover 1 square metre of finished floor area; Don't forget you may have some wastage if you want to finish each board on a joist, as is the recommended practise.
- Few lengths in stock - 02/01/2019 -
- Tongue and groove floor board from 6x1 KD Prime Grade Oak; with a finished-size: 5.5" Cover - 7/8" Thickness;
Machined ex 150x25mm American White Oak Kiln Dried boards - Planed Tongued & Grooved PTGV;
Prime Grade Oak generally is an 80/20% mixture of FAS / F1F which allows a few small defects;
Machined to 20mm x 137/140mm Face Cover PTGVJ-1S Oak Flooring with small 4mm V-Joint 1-side;
At present the cover, when the boards are joined together, is 139mm (5-1/2") and thickness is 20mm (7/8") - Sizes Measured - 19/01/2016 -
There are no expansion/stability grooves machined into this Oak board.
If required, they can be machined as a special order;
Other profiles of match-board pattern can be machined as a special order (see the images);
(Depending on quantity - Probably for 100+ Linear Metres.)
Oak Floorboard and Claddings tend to shrink, twist & cup when moved into the warmer drier environment of a house, so leave in the room to acclimatise in a stack, to stop the twisting and cupping, and shuffle the boards occasionally so that they dry out slowly and evenly, to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content;
Sizes are the usual timber nominal size that the 25x150mm Planed Oak Floorboard is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Cover is approximately 138mm - the tongue is slightly offset from the centre of the board.
Planed 6x1 Oak Floorboard sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width & ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance, and there may be one splitter-saw edge;
Be aware: For many reasons, size and profile of Oak may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.
Various defects, surface checking, splits and knots occur naturally in Kiln-dried Oak, and are allowed in its Grading; They are not detrimental to the use of the Oak as Floorboard - and are classed as "Character".
- JAS Timber cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined Oak Floorboard sizes, pattern, construction, grading, moisture-content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before purchasing, & notify us in writing on your order.
We can supply Certified Oak 6 inch Floorboards with our Chain of Custody Certificates, (CoC) -:
JAS Timber CoC FSC Certification - 150mm Oak T&G TT-CoC-003944.150 or PEFC Certification 150mm Oak T&G BMT-PEFC-1119.150 - poa;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Product once work has commenced; Carrier Orders are cut to the Drop-down Menu lengths, and ALL Direct Deliveries of Oak Floorboard are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for T&G Oak Floorboard.
Van Delivery of Oak Floorboards on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire and the North-West, from £5 +vat or £1 +vat per mile - poa; ( from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat; )
6" T&G Oak Flooring weight is 2Kg per metre, to include some packaging;
Prepared 139mm T&G Timber Flooring can be purchased online - Just add to basket.
XDP Carrier Delivery of T&G Oak Flooring is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4metres, then 50p per Kg to - Zone A mainland - poa other zones;
XDP parcels can be up to -
2400x400x400mm/10Kg = £11.40 +vat - over 10Kg - per 1Kg = +£0.50 +vat
- You can select an "insured" tracked delivery with TNT for £6 +vat extra; Please add this extra charge to basket from this link - TNT Tracked Delivery
( Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about Oak T&G Flooring, so that we can quote for delivery. )
- The July 2017 Oak Board Price List is current - 01/06/2018
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants for any details about American White Oak T&G Floorboards - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of Oak Floorboard correct, but mistakes can be made!