OAK 10" Window-Board (Finished size: 19x235mm) Nosed one edge
OAK 10" Nosed WINDOW BOARD- (ex 25x250mm to finish 19x235mm)
We machine this from solid American White Oak, or similar Oak species
- ALSO AVAILABLE (as at 05/05/2015) :
- 6" AMERICAN WHITE OAK - 7" AMERICAN WHITE OAK - 8" AMERICAN WHITE OAK -
- 9" AMERICAN WHITE OAK - 11" AMERICAN WHITE OAK - 12" AMERICAN WHITE OAK
- 13" AMERICAN WHITE OAK - 14" AMERICAN WHITE OAK - 15" AMERICAN WHITE OAK -
- PLEASE CHECK ON STOCK BEFORE ORDER - WE HAVE 2 LENGTHS - 13/06/2016 -
Oak is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
Architraves, Skirtings, Scotia Mouldings and Beadings also available - OAK MOULDINGS
250mm Oak Window Board ( Ex 25x250mm Rough sawn Oak - Finished size: 19x235mm )
Machined from American White Oak, or similar species;
10" Oak Window Board should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; We DO look at cupping before sending any window-board out, and would not send out any with a "cup" of more than 2mm, which can be pulled back with standard fixings. If you were wanting to use this for something more complicated than a standard "flat-frame" window-board, such as mitred for a bay window, then an enginereed board may be more suitable. We have no control of conditions after the the timber has left our yard, so purchase with this in mind please, at your own risk.
10 inch is the NOMINAL timber size that the Oak Window Board Moulding is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Profiled 19mm x 235mm Window Board machining tolerances can be ±1mm on thickness / ±5mm on width, with one splitter saw edge & ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance;
Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of Oak Window Board may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.
Oak Mouldings are not recommended for use externally without suitable treatment and maintained finish coat;
Some Mouldings are not recommended anyway if parts of the moulding are too thin or not suitable for the purpose, or there is a more suitable moulding. (Engineered timber products are generally not suitable for external use.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 10" OAK WINDOW-BOARD sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
WE ARE ABLE TO SUPPLY CERTIFIED MOULDED OAK AND ASH WITH OUR CHAIN OF CUSTODY CERTIFICATIONS - CoC -
JAS TIMBER CoC CERTIFICATION - TT-CoC-003944.150 & BMT-PEFC-1119.150 - POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Product once work has commenced; 10 inch Oak Window Board is supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
We can now take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 250mm Oak Windowboard (there is a 3% bank charge for credit cards) -
DELIVERY of Oak Window Board on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa; (from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
The approximate weight of 10" Oak Window Board Moulding is 6.25Kg per metre, to include packing;
CARRIER DELIVERY of Oak Window Board is possible from £9.60 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg;
(Please contact us if the weight or length is over this, so that we can adjust the item price for delivery;)
2.4 to 3.0 M. + £15+vat! Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
HAULIER DELIVERY of Oak Window Board by pallet can be arranged for larger quantities of Softwood Timber Mouldings.
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 10" Oak Window Board, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants with any enquiries about 250mm Oak Window Board - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of 10 inch Oak Window Board correct, but mistakes can be made!