100x22mm Softwood Loglap Cladding is usually machined from 22mm Sawfalling Scandinavian Whitewood Timber - Finished size : 87mm cover x 19mm thickness;
- 4.8 METRE LENGTHS of LOG-LAP CLADDING LENGTHS IN STOCK AVAILABLE FOR DELIVERY ON OUR VAN - 14/01/2016 -
- LATEST LOG LAP STOCK HAS SCANDINAVIAN MILL MARK : TBT - PREVIOUS MARKS INCLUDE: SCA / *MBN* / B-N ;
- CARRIER DELIVERY IS AVAILABLE FOR 0.9 M. / 1.2 M. / 1.5 M. / 1.8 M. / 2.1 M. & 2.4 Metre LOG LAP SOFTWOOD CUT LENGTHS -
- LENGTHS & CUTTING TOLERANCES of LOG-LAP WHITEWOOD ARE SHOWN IN THE DROP DOWN MENU -
Log-Lap Timber Cladding tends to shrink, twist & cup when moved into the warmer drier environment of a house, so leave in the room to acclimatise in a stack, to stop the twisting and cupping, and shuffle the boards occasionally so that they dry out slowly and evenly, to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content;
Softwood Loglap Cladding can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment & weather-proof coating; External use of Log-Lap Board is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
If these LOG LAP planed tongued and grooved boards are used externally for making your own garden buildings - sheds, summer houses, playhouses, dog kennels etc or if used for external LOG-LAP Cladding, Fascias, Soffits etc, THEN IT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, & THE BOARDS MUST BE TREATED WITH A SUITABLE EXTERNAL TIMBER PRESERVATIVE & WEATHER-PROOF COATING.
- SIZES MEASURED AS AT - 12/1/2016 - PREVIOUS LOGLAP SIZES HAVE BEEN 88mm COVER and 18mm THICKNESS (THERE COULD BE A MIXTURE OF THESE SIZES).
Sizes are the usual timber nominal size that the Log Lap Board is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Moulded Timber Log Lap sizes are generally ± 1mm on thickness / ± 2mm on width, ± 6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and cannot take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the Log-Lap Timber Mould.
(Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date. As can be seen from the images, there has been a change of profile - the current pattern is ....... )
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined timber sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment or certification.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work.
WE ARE ABLE TO SUPPLY CERTIFIED LOGLAP TIMBER CLADDING WITH OUR CHAIN of CUSTODY CERTIFICATIONS, CoC :
JAS TIMBER CoC CERTIFICATION - LOGLAP SA-CoC-003209 & LOGLAP SA-PEFC/CoC-003209 - POA;
- The PEFC logo & PEFC® initials are registered Trademarks of the PEFC Council;
- The FSC logo & FSC® initials are registered Trademarks of the Forest Stewardship Council®.
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Product once work has commenced; Larger orders and Direct Deliveries of Log Lap Cladding are supplied as a Special Order.