5.5" Internal Door Casing Set - 30" Trenched Head (ex 38x138mm - finished size 32x132mm) *Softwood*
5.5" Internal Softwood Door Casing Set (30" Head)
- 130mm Lining Size *Redwood Softwood Timber* - 3 Loose lengths of rebated softwood casing;
Machined from Joinery quality PEFC Certified Fifth Swedish Redwood;
- 140mm Internal Casing Sets in Stock - 01/10/2019 -
- The measured overall width has been between 130mm to 132mm but can vary from batch to batch - Sizes measured as at - 01/06/2016 -
- Contact us if this size is critical -
- We can cut these casings in our workshop to a specific width up to 132mm -
- Select the cutting option in the Drop-down menu, and put the width you require in the Special Instructions Box -
5-1/2" Redwood Casing is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
- We also sell this 5.5" Inch Internal Casing in loose lengths and other sizes of Internal Casings, Firecheck Door Casings & External Door Casings - JAS Door Casing Range Door Casing Range in Softwood, Hardwood & Oak - Internal Door Casings & Door Linings
Machined from 38x138mm Fifth Swedish Joinery Redwood, shrink-wrapped as a loose set,
These may be supplied by different suppliers who can have slightly differing specifications -
2 @ 78-3/4" legs, 1 @ 34" head: trenched for 30" doors - or can be re-trenched for narrower doors;
(2 @ 2 Metres, 1 @ 870mm head trenched for 762mm doors.)
Finished section: 5-1/8" x 1-1/4" & rebated: 1-1/2" x 1/2".
( 131x32mm finish size, with 38x12mm rebate size.)
View our Door Casing Range in Softwood, Hardwood & Oak - Internal Door Casings & Door Linings
5-1/2" PEFC Redwood Casing is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected; This is not a defect.
5.5x1.5" Planed Timber Internal Casing should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content;
5.5" Softwood Internal Door Casings are not recommended for external use;
Sizes are the usual timber nominal size that the 138mm Door Casing is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Planed 5x1-1/2" Internal Redwood Door Casing sizes are generally ± 1mm on thickness / ± 2mm on width with one splitter saw edge & ± 6mm cross-cutting tolerance; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and does not take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the 5.5" Softwood Door Casing. (Although - be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 130mm Internal Door Casing sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We are able to supply 5-1/2"x1-1/2" PEFC Certified 5-1/2" Internal Redwood Door Casing with our Chain of Custody Certifications -
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 138mm Internal Casing - BMT-PEFC-1119.150 & 138mm Internal Casing TT-CoC-003944.150 - POA
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Door Casing once work has commenced. Larger orders of 130mm Door Casing and Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can now take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 5.5" Internal Door Casings
Van Delivery of 140mm Door Casings on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
The approximate weight of a 5.5" Internal Door Casing is 11Kg;
- Internal Door casings can now be purchased online;
Carrier Delivery of 140mm Door Casings is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg;
2.4 to 3.0 M. + £15 +vat; Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 5-1/2" Internal Casings, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants with any enquiries about 5.5" Door Linings, Door Casings & Door Frames - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of 130mm Internal Door Casings correct, but mistakes can be made!