Frelan Door Handles: Strong & Stylish
Frelan Hardware was established more than 40 years ago and has grown to become one of the leading ironmongery suppliers in the UK. The company distributes its superlative products via a small, carefully-selected network of suppliers, among which JAS Timber is extremely proud to number.
The JAS Timber collection of Frelan Hardware includes lever door handles, which are supplied on a rose ad with all necessary fixings. In this edition of our blog, we're going to show you just how easy it is to install these handles with a step-by-step guide.
- Prepare the area by making sure it is completely clean, dry and free from any debris.
- Using the door's lock/latch as a template, mark out fixing holes that correspond exactly to those in the body of the lock/latch.
- Carefully drill out the marked fixing holes.
- Unscrew the cover roses from each of the levers. This will expose the fixing plates.
- Take the spindle and fit it into the back of the fixing rose on one side. As you do this, make sure that the grooved/split side of the spindle exactly lines up with the grub screw.
- Fully tighten the grub screw using the provided allen key.
- Make sure that you have the lever in the correct orientation then insert the fitted spindle and handle through the latch/lock. Fit the rose flat against the door's face.
- Fit the second lever onto the spindle on the door's opposite side.
- Holding both roses flat to the door's faces, tighten the grub screw with the allen key into the spindle.
- Take the shorter bolt and fit it into the barrel before inserting through the drilled holes and the fixing rose itself.
- Take the longer bolt and push it through the fixing rose. Screw it into the barrel before tightening fully.
- Check that both of the grub screws are fully tightened.
- Finally, replace both of the cover roses by screwing them into place.
This bolt-through fixing method is recommended to give the most secure fit. If the latch/lock does not permit this method, the levers can be directly fitted to the door's face using the supplied woodscrews. Keep the handles and roses clean by using a soft cloth and, if required, a non-abrasive polish or cleaner.
In addition to these lever handles, we also supply glass handles, stainless steel pull handles, escutcheons, thumb-turns, door closers and hinges from Frelan Hardware. Check out our website to discover the complete Frelan Hardware collection available from JAS Timber.