4x2 Firecheck Door Casing Softwood Set (ex 50x100mm / Finished size: 44x95mm) : Grooved 15x4mm - 2 @ 2.1M. 1 @ 1 M. Untrenched Loose Set
4x2 Firecheck Door Casing Set - FD30 *Scandinavian Redwood - Softwood*;
3 Loose lengths of rebated softwood casing, unjointed, un-trenched;
ex 100x50mm (fin.size: 94x44mm - 46x12mm rebate - grooved 15x4mm)
Machined from Joinery quality PEFC Certified Fifth Swedish Redwood; We can provide Chain of Custody certification CoC, if required - poa
4x2 Redwood Fire Door Casing is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
- We can cut these in our workshop to a specific width up to 94mm -
- Select the cutting option in the drop-down menu, and put the width you require in the [Special Instructions] box -
- 4x2 Fire Casing Sets in stock - 01/05/2018 -
We also sell this Firecheck Casing in loose lengths - 4x2 Firecheck Casing Cut Lengths - in other sizes - 6x2 9x2 280mm & up to 430mm Firecheck Casing Set - & Internal Door Casing & External Door Casing: JAS Door Casing Range
50x100mm Grooved Firecheck Softwood Door Casing is usually machined from 50mm Fifths Joinery quality PEFC Scandinavian Redwood Timber - Finished size : 44x94mm;
Machined from 50x100mm Fifth Swedish redwood softwood, taped together as a loose set, it is untreated & un-primed.
2 @ 82" legs, 1 @ 41" head: un-trenched and un-jointed;
Finished section: 3-3/4" x 1-3/4" - rebated: 1-3/4" x 1/2" & grooved for intumescent strip: 5/8"x1/8" centrally in the rebate;
(95x45mm - rebated 46x12mm - central intumescent groove: 15x4mm)
4x2 Planed Timber Fire Casing should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; 4x2 Planed Softwood Fire Casing can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment & weather-proof coating; External use of Moulded Redwood Fire Door Casing is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally - poa
Sizes are the usual timber nominal size that the 50x100mm Planed Firecheck Casing is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Planed 4x2 Redwood Fire Casing sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width, ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the 4x2 timber, and does not take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the 4x2 Firecheck Casing. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 4x2 Fire Door Casing sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We are able to supply certified 4x2 Moulded Softwood Fire Door Casing with our Chain of Custody Certifications - CoC
- JAS Timber CoC Certification - 4x2 Fire Casing TT-CoC-003944.150 & 4x2 Fire Casing BMT-PEFC-1119.150 - POA
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- It is the purchaser's responsibility to check the suitability of this Fire Door Casing, in conjunction with the Fire Door certification, intumescent strip, hardware & the situation of use.
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Product once work has commenced; Larger orders of 4 inch Timber Fire Casing and Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 4x2 Firecheck Door Frames / Door Casings
Delivery of 100mm Firedoor Casings on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
The approximate weight of a 4x2 Fire Door Frame is 14Kg, to include packing; to include packaging, packing & zone A carriage;
4x2 Fire Door Casings can now be purchased online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight;
Carrier Delivery of 100mm Fire Door Casings is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg;
2.4 to 3.0 M. - poa Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 4 inch Fire Casing, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The January 2017 Scandinavian Softwood Price List is current - 01/05/2018 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants with any enquiries about 4x2 Firecheck Door Casings & Firecheck Door Frames - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of 100mm Firecheck Door Casings correct, but mistakes can be made!