6x2 Firecheck Door Casing Softwood Set: Finished size: 44x143mm - Grooved 15x4mm - 2 @ 2.1M. 1 @ 1 M. Untrenched Loose Set
6x2 Firecheck Door Casing Set "Scandinavian Redwood - Softwood";
3 Loose lengths of rebated softwood casing, unjointed, un-trenched;
ex 150x50mm (fin.size: 143x44mm - 46x12mm rebate - grooved 15x4mm)
Machined from Joinery quality PEFC Certified Fifth Swedish Redwood; We can provide Chain of Custody certification CoC, if required - poa
6x2 Redwood Fire Door Casing is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
- We can cut these in our workshop to a specific width up to 153mm -
- Select the cutting option in the drop-down menu, and put the width you require in the [ Special Instructions ] box -
- 6x2 Fire Casing Sets in stock - 01/11/2018 -
We also sell this Firecheck Casing in loose lengths - 4x2 Firecheck Casing cut lengths - in other sizes - 6x2 9x2 280mm & up to 430mm Firecheck Casing Set - & we sell Internal Door Casing & External Door Casing - JAS Door Casing Range
- Fire Doors
- Architraves & Plinth Blocks
- Intumescent Strips
50x150mm Planed Timber Firecheck Door Casing is usually machined from 50mm Fifths Joinery quality PEFC Scandinavian Redwood Timber - Finished size : 44x143mm;
Machined from 50x150mm Fifth Swedish redwood softwood, taped together as a loose set,
2 @ 82" legs, 1 @ 40" head: un-trenched and un-jointed;
Finished section: 5-5/8" x 1-3/4" - rebated: 1-3/4" x 1/2" & grooved for intumescent strip: 5/8"x1/8" centrally in the rebate;
( 143x44mm - rebated 46x12mm - intumescent groove: 15x4mm )
Untreated & un-primed Redwood / Softwood Timber.
6x2 Planed Timber Fire Casing should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; 6x2 Planed Softwood Fire Casing can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment & weather-proof coating; External use of Moulded Redwood Fire Door Casing is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- 6x2 Fire Door Casing sizes in Stock - 01/11/2018 -
Sizes are the usual timber nominal size that the 50x150mm Planed Firecheck Casing is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Planed 6x2 Redwood Fire Casing sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±3mm on width, ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and does not take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the 6x2 Firecheck Casing. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 6x2 Planed Firecheck Casing sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We are able to supply FSC or PEFC Certified 6x2 Fire door Casings with our Chain of Custody Certifications - CoC :
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 6x2 Fire Casing BMT-PEFC-1119.150 or 6x2 Fire Casing IRE TT-CoC-003944.150 - POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- It is the purchasers responsibility to check the suitability of this Fire Door Casing, in conjunction with the fire door certification, intumescent strip, door casing surround, hardware & the situation of use.
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Fire Door Casing once work has commenced; 6 inch Timber Firecheck Casing is machined to your order, and supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
- £0.68 + VAT 20%
- £0.68 + VAT 20%
- £1.37 + VAT 20%
- £1.37 + VAT 20%
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 6x2 Firecheck Redwood Door Casings
JAS Delivery of 150mm Door Casings on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
The approximate weight of a 6" x 2" Firecheck Door Casing is 22Kg, to include packaging, packing & zone A carriage;
6x2 Fire Door Casings can now be purchased online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight;
Carrier Delivery of 150mm Firecheck Door Frames is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg;
2.4 to 3.0 M. - poa Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities - poa ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about Timber Firecheck Door Framing, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The January 2017 Scandinavian Softwood Price List is current - 01/06/2018 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants with any enquiries about 50x150mm Softwood Firecheck Door Frames - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of 150x50mm Firecheck Door Casings correct, but mistakes can be made!