4x2 External Door Casing (ex 50x100mm - Finished size: 45x95mm) *Softwood* Cut Length
4x2 External Door Casing - *Softwood* Cut Length
ex 50x100mm ( Finished size: 95x44mm - with 46x12mm rebate. ) *Scandinavian Redwood*
- The measured overall width is 94mm but this can vary from batch to batch.
- Sizes measured as at - 01/07/2018
- Contact us if this size is critical.
Machined from 50x100mm Fifth Joinery Quality Scandinavian Red Deal;
The price is shown per running metre of 50x100mm External Door Casing, and per length in the drop-down menu;
- We can cut these Casing Lengths in our workshop to a specific width - up to 94mm;
- Select the Fine-cutting option in the drop-down menu, and tell us the Casing Width you require.
- We can also Trench these Casing Lengths in our workshop to a specific Door Width;
- Select the Trenching option in the drop-down menu for the length you require trenching, and tell us your Door Width ( We will allow 3mm for clearance ).
This Door-Casing timber is untreated and un-primed. Ext. 4x2 Planed Softwood Casing must be given suitable timber treatment, finishing coats, and maintained for external use. External use is at your own risk.
Redwood Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
We also sell -
- 4x2 External Casing Sets also available 50x100mm Ext Door Casing
- 6x2 External Casing Sets - 50x150mm Ext Door Casing
- 6x2 External Casing in cut loose lengths - 50x150mm Ext Casing - Lengths
- 9x2 External Casing Sets - 50x225mm Ext Door Casing
See our full range of Door Casings - Internal Door Casings - External Door Casings - Fire Door Casings
See all Door Casings : Internal, External & Firecheck Door Casings
50x100mm Planed Timber External Door Casing Length is usually machined from 50mm Fifths Joinery quality PEFC or FSC Scandinavian Redwood Timber - Rebated & Finished size : 44x94mm
Finished section: 3-3/4" x 1-3/4" ( 95x44mm );
Rebated 12mm x 46mm.
Untreated & un-primed Redwood Softwood Timber.
4x2 Planed Timber External Door Casing should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; 4x2 Planed Softwood External Casing can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment & weather-proof coating; External use of Moulded Redwood External Door Casing is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- Sizes measured as at - 02/06/2015 -
Sizes are the usual timber nominal size that the 50x100mm Planed External Casing is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Planed 4x2 Redwood External Casing sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width, ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 4x2 External Door Casing sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We are able to supply FSC & PEFC Certified 4x2 Moulded Timber Casings with our Chain of Custody Certifications - CoC :
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 4x2 External Casing INT-PEFC/COC-001119.150 or INT-COC-003944.150 - POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Product once work has commenced; Larger orders of 4" External Casing and Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can now take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 4x2 External Door Frames lengths
Van Delivery of 100mm External Casing Lengths on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
The approximate weight of 4x2 External Door Frame is 4.8Kg per metre, to include packing;
4x2 External Door Casing Lengths can now be purchased online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight;
Carrier Delivery of 100mm External Casings is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg;
2.4 to 3.0 M. - poa Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 4x2 inch External Casing Lengths, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The April 2016 Scandinavian 50mm Softwood Price List is current - 01/05/2018 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants with any enquiries about 4x2 External Door Casing & Firecheck Door Framing - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of 100mm External Door Casing correct, but mistakes can be made!