4.5" VT&G Dummy Groove Cladding (113x14mm) 4.5" Cover
Dummy-Groove VT&G Redwood - Timber Cladding
- V-joint 1-Side with Centre-V Dummy Groove Matchboard (Finished Cover 113mm x 14mm Thickness) approximately 4.5" Face-cover;
- Nominal 5x3/4" Redwood Cladding machined deep-cut from 125x38mm PEFC SCA Scandinavian Redwood;
- Can be FSC or PEFC Certified - poa;
- Moulded 18x125mm softwood T&G;
- Finished size of 14x119mm - with an 113mm cover when joined together;
- Machined from an excellent quality Joinery grade Swedish Redwood, with a few firm knots;
Ideal for timber cladding internal walls and ceilings to give a narrow board V-joint effect.
PEFC Redwood is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
Price is shown per running metre, and per length in the drop-down menu - we can price larger quantities and pack lots per cubic metre.
You can see our range of T&G Flooring and Claddings - Timber Floorboard Matchboard Cladding
For cutting or machining of Reed & Bead Mould, see : Machining in Yard or for more accuracy see : Machining in Workshop
Other Mouldings & Beadings can be seen - Pine Mouldings - Hardwood Mouldings - Oak Mouldings
|Mason's Timber, Cheshire Mouldings & Richard Burbidge |
Claddings & Matchboards -
- The PEFC logo & PEFC® initials are registered Trademarks of the PEFC Council;
- The FSC logo & FSC® initials are registered Trademarks of the Forest Stewardship Council®.
125x18mm Softwood Dummy V-groove Cladding is usually machined from 38mm Joinery Quality Fifth Scandinavian Redwood Timber - Current finished size : 113mm cover x 14mm thickness - (4-1/2" x 9/16");
The present stock needs approximately 8.7 linear metres laid, to cover 1 square metre of finished wall or ceiling area; Don't forget you may have some wastage if you want to finish each board on a joist, as is the recommended practise.
- 2.7 M. - 3.0 M. 3.3 M. and 3.9 Metre Lengths of Dummy-Groove Cladding Lengths in stock available for delivery on our van - 03/02/2020 -
- Latest Dummy V-Groove stock has Scandinavian Mill mark : TBT - Previous marks include: SCA / *MBN* / B-N ;
- Carrier Delivery is available for 0.9 M. / 1.2 M. / 1.5 M. / 1.8 M. / 2.1 M. & 2.4 Metre VT&G Dummy-Groove Softwood cut lengths -
- Length & Cutting Tolerances of Dummy-Groove Redwood are shown in the drop-down menu -
Dummy-Groove Timber Cladding tends to shrink, twist & cup when moved into the warmer drier environment of a house, so leave in the room to acclimatise in a stack, to stop the twisting and cupping, and shuffle the boards occasionally so that they dry out slowly and evenly, to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content;
Softwood Dummy V-groove Cladding can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment & weather-proof coating; External use of Dummy Centre-grooved Board is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
If these dummy-groove planed tongued and grooved boards are used externally for making your own garden buildings - sheds, summer houses, playhouses, dog kennels etc or if used for external v-groove cladding, etc, it is at your own risk, & the boards must be treated with a suitable external timber preservative & weather-proof coating.
- Sizes measured as at - 23/07/2012 - Previous Dummy-Groove sizes have been 114mm cover and 15mm thickness (there could be a mixture of these sizes).
Sizes are the usual timber nominal size that the Dummy Centre-Groove Board is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Moulded Timber Dummy-Groove sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width, ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and cannot take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the Dummy-Groove Timber Mould. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined timber sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment or certification.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before ordering, or commencing work.
We are able to supply Certified Dummy V-Grooved Timber Cladding with our Chain of Custody Certifications - CoC :
JAS Timber CoC Certification - Dummy-Groove INT-COC-003944.150 & Dummy-Groove INT-PEFC/COC-001119.150 - POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Product once work has commenced; Larger orders and Direct Deliveries of Dummy-Groove Cladding are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
- £1.29 + VAT 20%
- £1.30 + VAT 20%
- £0.88 + VAT 20%
- £2.48 + VAT 20%
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can now take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 4.5" Dummy-Groove VT&G Claddings
JAS Delivery of VT&G Claddings on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
The weight of Softwood 4.5" Dummy-Groove VT&G Cladding is approximately 1.1Kg per metre, including packaging;
Prepared 125mm Timber Dummy V-groove T&G Moulding can be purchased online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight;
XDP Carrier Delivery of 5 inch Dummy-groove VT&G Cladding is possible from £12.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
XDP parcels can be up to -
2400x400x400mm/10Kg = £12.40 +vat - over 10Kg - per 1Kg = +£0.50 +vat / 2.4 to 3.0 M. + £15+vat! - poa;
- You can select a "safer" insured, tracked delivery with TNT for £6 +vat extra; Add this extra charge to basket - TNT Tracked Delivery
Haulier Delivery of Double V Matchboard by pallet can be arranged for larger quantities of Boarding.
Direct Delivery of 114mm V-Dummy Groove Cladding may be possible for larger orders, to a Trade address - poa;
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about Dummy VT&G Pine Cladding, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The July 2017 Scandinavian 25mm Redwood Timber Price List is current - 01/06/2018 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants for any details about 125mm Dummy Groove Timber Cladding - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of VT&G Softwood Cladding correct, but mistakes can be made!