Double Leaf Conversion Kit - JB Kind Doors
Double Pocket Door System Conversion Kit - JB Kind Doors
A pocket door system that enables doors to slide conveniently into a wall cavity and save space whilst looking incredibly stylish.
To create a double pocket door you will need to purchase two single pocket door systems and a double leaf conversion kit. Easy to assemble without requiring any modifications, the conversion kit includes a double top rail and two spacers.
Easy to install with a rigid frame, the pocket door systems are supplied pre-assembled so that they can be fitted in half the timed of other brands. Available for both single and double door situations in a selection of sizes, almost all of JB Kind's internal doors are suitable for use as a pocket door.
- Easy to install rigid frame, supplied pre-assembled.
- Fitted in half the time of other brands.
- Designed for stud and plasterboard.
- The internal pocket cavity is protected by a cover during installation.
- Door is fitted after all installation and decoration has been completed, avoiding any potential damage to your door.
- Door choice can be changed in the future without structural alteration to the wall.
- Gives a finished wall thickness of 125mm
- Suits door thicknesses 35mm - 44mm
- Maximum door weight of 80Kg.
- Compatible sliding door hardware available.
- Available in single or double format. (For a Double Pocket System you need to purchase two Single Pocket Door Systems and a Double Leaf Conversion Kit).
See the Ranges of JB Kind Doors available - JB Kind Doors
Internal doors that are being fitted into a pocket door system will need a groove machining into the bottom edge, to allow the door to fit in the floor guide.
You can find the cost for grooving a single or double pocket door on the pocket door system page. You will need to purchase the doors at the same time.
JB Kind Double Pocket Door System Conversion Kit
- Ready assembled for easy and accurate installation.
- The cassette structure is made from 0.5mm galvanised steel.
- The cassette sides are formed from single pieces of pressed steel which is corrugated for complete stability.
- Transverse ribs fixed to the corrugations further re-inforce the structure and allow fixing of plasterboard direct to the cassette.
- Twin spacer bars are supplied that are fixed between the cassette and jamb during installation to ensure the structure remains square.
Double Pocket Door - Size Guide
|mm||Door Size||Clear Opening Size
Size of the Unit
conversion kit code
How to order your Pocket Door Systems!
Step One: Do you want a Single or Double Pocket Door System?
Take a moment to check your pocket door size requirements against our size guide tables. And don't forget, if you want to order a double double pocket door, you will need to purchase two single pocket door systems and a double leaf conversion kit. ( View the Single Pocket Door System & Purchase here ).
Step Two: Does your chosen door design work in a pocket door system?
JB Kind offer more than 200 different door designs and the majority of these are suitable for use as pocket doors. However, there are a few ranges that just can't practically be converted, so it's sensible to check with us before you order.
If you're in any doubt, just get in touch and we'll guide you through your options. ( View the Whole Range of JB Kind Doors here ).
Step Three: What type of timber accessories will you choose?
Whatever type of pocket door you choose, you'll need an accessory kit as the pocket door system cannot be installed without one. Choose from either white primed or varnished oak, available for both single and double pocket door systems. ( View & Purchse the Timber Accessories Kit here ).
Step Four: Have you remembered to ask for your door to be grooved?
This might sound complicated and costly but it really isn't, it just needs to be done! Door grooving is when the bottom edge of the door is grooved to fit in the floor guide of a pocket system. Save your joiner or builder some time, as the JB Kind in-house joinery workshop can pre-groove your doors prior to delivery. It'll only be a small additional charge - see the Pocket Door System page.
Step Five: There are also more optional accessories for you to choose from -
Self-closing system: If you'd like your pocket doors to glide into place automatically after they have opened, then the Automatic Door Closer optional extra is definitely for you.
Soft-closing system: Known as a Soft Close Damper Unit, this accessory applies a brake making sure that your door moves slowly and smoothly to a close.
( View & Purchase the Optional Accessories here ).
Step Six: What door furniture would you like?
Whether you want a privacy lock for a bathroom or a flush door pull, we offer a selection of quality fittings. Make life easy and source all your pocket door realted purchases all in one place. ( View & Purchase the Door Furniture you require here ).
JB Kind Double Pocket Door System Codes - DBLLEAFKIT686 - DBLLEAFKIT762 - DBLLEAFKIT838 - DBLLEAFKIT915 - Must be fitted and treated to manufacturer's instructions.
Follow JB Kind Doors - Door Care and Maintenance advice for treatment of your door, and to validate their guarantee. JB Kind - Internal Door Care
Double Pocket Door Systems need care from purchase, during fitting, and throughout their lifespan;
Guidelines for door fitting, and door care are laid out by the British Woodworking Federation: BWF Door Care
JB Kind Timber doors have a copy of the manufacturer's instructions included in the packaging.
Check in particular, any fitting tolerances, or wood-stains you wish to use, are within the manufacturer's recommendations.
|There is more information on
the JB Kind Doors website
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings and glazing are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any door once work has commenced;
- We cannot exchange Double Pocket Door Systems after order - JB Kind Double Pocket Door Systems Conversion Kit are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
JB Kind Sliding Pocket Door Systems & JB Kind Doors can be bought online -
Select the JB Kind Sliding Door System & JB Kind Door sizes you require and add to basket,
Then Continue Shopping <--- if there are other items or more JB Kind Doors to order;
Please order doors from any other manufacturer on a separate order, otherwise the shipping will not be calculated correctly.
Direct Delivery to mainland England, Wales & Scotland, of JBK Sliding Pocket Door Systems & JB Kind Doors from JB Kind is from £60 +vat for England & Wales, except postcodes CT- EX - IP - PL - SS - SA - SR - TN - TQ = £65 +vat; CA - NE - NR - TR = £70 +vat; Orders over £560 +vat = Free (mainland)
Scotland postcodes DG - EH - FK - G - KA - KY - ML - TD = £80 +vat, DD - = £90 +vat, AB - IV - KW - PA - PH = £95 +vat; Orders over £700 +vat = Free (mainland) - This is shown at checkout, after entering a postcode -
For alternative delivery methods below, please contact us - 01254 54000.
Van Delivery of JBK Sliding Pocket Door Systems & JB Kind Doors on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
Carrier Delivery of JBK Sliding Pocket Door System & JB Kind Doors is not possible -
Haulier Delivery of Pocket Door System & Internal Doors by Door Pallet is possible from £68 to £98 +vat in Zone A ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones);
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about JBK Sliding Pocket Door System & Doors, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The July 2018 JB Kind Pocket Door Systems Price List is current - 02/07/2018 -
- Please phone us at JAS Doors for any details on JB Kind Sliding Pocket Door Systems & Doors - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications Pocket Door Systems & Doors correct, but mistakes can be made!