34mm & 46mm Timber D-Moulds is usually machined from 38mm & 50mm Best Joinery quality PEFC Scandinavian Softwood Redwood Timber - Finished size : TM597 = 34 x 9mm & TM498 = 46 x 6mm - Cheshire Mouldings -
The Cheshire Mouldings Timber Grading is to have a substantially knot free timber on three sides (of the square timber, before machining to D-Mould.); The grading allows several knots per piece, but in practice there are a small number of knots in most pieces, and a few pieces are knot free. The specification for timber bead from our suppliers also allows engineered and finger-jointed timber timber to be used.
- MOULDED 1.5" & 2" REDWOOD TIMBER BEAD IN STOCK - 2.4 Metre LENGTHS - 07/12/2016 -
34mm & 46mm Planed D-Moulding should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; Small softwood mouldings can not be recommended for use externally; External use of 34x9mm & 46x6mm Planed Timber D-Mould is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective weather-proof finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- SIZES MEASURED AS AT - 15/08/2013 -
Sizes may be the usual timber NOMINAL size that the 34mm & 46mm Planed Redwood Softwood D-Moulding are machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Moulded 34mm x 9mm & 46mm x 6mm Planed Redwood D-Mould sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width, ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and does not take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the Timber D-Mould. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
WE ARE ABLE TO SUPPLY FSC or PEFC CERTIFIED D MOULD TIMBER WITH OUR CHAIN OF CUSTODY CERTIFICATIONS - CoC :
JAS TIMBER CoC CERTIFICATION - D-MOULD BMT-PEFC-1119.150 or D-MOULD TT-CoC-003944.150 - POA;
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined PREPARED D-MOULD TIMBER sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Beading once work has commenced; Orders of TM498 & TM597 Timber D-Mould, and Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.