Delivery and Collection
Standard Carrier Delivery - Now XDP250 | TNT for over 2.4 metres -
from JAS Timber - Walpole Street Sawmills - Blackburn BB1 1DB - Tel 01254 54000
XDP parcels can be up to - 2400x400x400mm and 10Kg for £12.40 +vat - over 10Kg the extra charge per 1Kg is +£0.50 +vat. ( XDP communications for tracked delivery have improved greatly with their new website, and it is very simple to use now! We are putting a surcharge selection on many 2.4 metre products so that you can select an "insured" tracked delivery with TNT. Delivery products are not insured with XDP - Though as always with any carrier you need to check your delivery on arrival, because once signed ( do not put "Unchecked" they will just take it as a signed note ), the delivery note will absolve the carrier of any responsiblity, and they are not forgiving in any way. When damage is apparent, you need to refuse the delivery, so it is sent back to us marked - "DAMAGED".
TNT Parcels can be up to - 1500x400x400mm and 10Kg for £12.40 +vat - over 10Kg the extra charge per 1Kg is +£0.50 +vat. Items over 1.5 metres, up to 2.4 metres now have a surcharge of £6 + vat, and further surcharge for 2.4 to 3.6 metre items - from +£15 +vat - poa;
APC have reduced their carryable length: APC carried items can be up to - 1500x400x400mm/10Kg for £12.40 +vat - over 10Kg - per 1Kg = +£0.50 +vat;
- 2.4 to 3.6 metres from +£15 +vat - poa;
- £15.00 + VAT 20%
- £25.00 + VAT 20%
- £27.00 + VAT 20%
- £25.40 + VAT 20%
- £10.40 + VAT 20%
- £72.60 + VAT 20%
- £1.00 + VAT 20%
- £1.00 + VAT 20%
- £6.00 + VAT 20%
Delivery by TNT for 1.5 - 2.4 M. Lengths - Extra Charge Zone A England/Wales Zone B Scotland Lowland
- £6.00 + VAT 20%
- £15.00 + VAT 20%
- £20.00 + VAT 20%
Carrier delivery that we use is "Next working day"
We have used XDP since July 2015 - and we are finding their "Next Day" success rate is about 93%. This is reduced during busy holiday periods like Christmas and New Year;
Orders need to be placed by the day before, for funds clearance for items that are Already Packed, in time for carrier collection at 12 noon;
( If stock needs to be packed, cut, ordered in, or there are other reasons, then orders might take longer to be despatched; July 2021: At present, Covid procedures are increasing this despatch and delivery time. )
- Delivery requires access for a medium sized van;
- Delivery will be made between 7.30am and 6.00pm;
- Delivery needs to be signed for, only AFTER inspecting for any damage to the goods, or packaging; Signing is your acceptance of the goods; Carriers will not vary on this! ( Signing for your delivery "Unchecked" is not accepted by the carrier either! They really have thought of everything.
- Please do not accept your delivery if damage is apparent. - Refuse it marked "Damaged" so that it is returned to us - thanks;
- Carriers Will make 3 attempts at delivery ( and often leave a card ) - further attemps to deliver will need extra payment;
- XDP, TNT, APC, and other carriers will not undertake to "Phone Ahead" or give any similar service;
- England/Wales delivery is from £12.40 +vat;
- Islands - Isle of Wight £12.50 +vat EXTRA - poa;
- Central Scotland is variable - Often at no extra charge, but - poa; for your postcode, please;
- Highlands - Highland Scotland is from £25+vat EXTRA- poa;
- Islands - Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey, Shetland, Orkney and Northern Ireland from £28.00 +vat Extra - poa;
Specific AM morning or PM afternoon time-band may be possible - from +£12.40 +vat Extra - poa; Saturday delivery may be possible - from £25 +vat EXTRA - poa;
Collection of goods FROM the customer is charged at £12.40+vat EXTRA ( on top of the £12.40 +vat standard charge - It one carrier operation to collect a parcel from the customer, and a second operation to deliver it back to us at JAS Timber. )
Any extra delivery service will be chargeable.
Collection of goods from our yard is for customer collection of UNPACKED goods;
We would have to charge for any extra packaging required if goods are collected by a carrier.
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for Carriage.
Delivery - on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire and the North-West, costs from £6.50 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa; ( from: Manchester £30 +vat; Lancaster £40 +vat; Liverpool £45 +vat; Leeds £60 +vat; )
Chargeable carriage weights may be shown in Kg;
XDP Carrier Delivery - costs from £12.40 +vat - up to 10Kg and 2.4 metres x 400x400mm, then +50p per extra Kg; For 2.4 to 3.6 metres from £15 +vat more - poa; Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities to Zone A Mainland - poa other zones; The risk of damage is roughly 5% with carrier delivery ( there is no damage insurance with XDP ), so we urge you NOT to sign for your consignment until you have checked it; Once signed - ( "unchecked" isn't accepted ) any carrier will deem that you have received your order in reasonable condition - It is then your responsibility; We have tried to intervene with the carrier - but they are immune to complaints.
You can choose an "Insured" Tracked Delivery for £6 +vat extra, by adding - TNT Carriage
Carrier Courier Packs up to 1Kg cost £6.99 to get tracked delivery;
Haulier Delivery - can be arranged for larger quantities;
( Please tell us the delivery post-code for your enquiry about Timber Item Carriage so that we can quote for shipping. )
- The 2021 Hauliers and Carriers Price Lists are current - 01/10/2021
- Please phone us at JAS Timber for any further details about Wood Delivery - 01254 54000
E.&O.E. see T&C - We try to keep prices and specifications of Timber Delivery and Haulage correct, please tell us if you see any errors.