3" Torus *Redwood* (ex 25x75mm /fin: 20x69mm) Timber Architrave
3" Torus Architrave *Softwood / Redwood*
(ex 25x75mm - Finished size: 20x69mm) * PEFC Scandinavian Pine - Redwood *
Generally we source an Upper-Gulf Swedish redwood from SCA Timber;
This architrave moulding is normally machined from 25mm boards, so that there are fewer knots and defects, than in deep-cut timber.
Architraves are decorative timber trims that are placed internally around a door casing, window, or loft hatch opening; They serve to hide the joint between the wall and the timber. Architraves also conceal any subsequent shrinkage in the surrounding materials.
The return corners of the architraves are usually mitred, and when fitted, architraves are usually set back from the edge of the casing by about 4mm; A narrower margin can restrict the knuckle of the hinges, and the striking plate.
Redwood Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
See other patterns of Timber Architrave, and Skirting Boards: Skirtings & Architraves
Also see MDF Skirtings and architraves: MDF Skirtings & Mouldings
Other Mouldings & Beadings can be seen - Pine Mouldings - Hardwood Mouldings - Oak Mouldings
|Mason's Timber, Cheshire Mouldings & Richard Burbidge |
Beadings & Mouldings -
- The PEFC logo & PEFC® initials are registered Trademarks of the PEFC Council;
- The FSC logo & FSC® initials are registered Trademarks of the Forest Stewardship Council®.
75x25mm Softwood Torus Arc is usually machined from 38mm VTH quality PEFC Scandinavian Redwood Timber - Finished size : 69x20mm
- 4.2 & under Metre Lengths in Stock (ideal for Door Arc Sets) - 01/05/2018 - Available for Van Delivery -
- Carrier Delivery is available for 0.9 M. - 1.2 M. - 1.5 M. - 1.8 M. - 2.1 M. & 2.4 Metre 3 inch Torus Arc cut lengths -
- Lengths & Cutting tolerances of 75mm Moulded Torus are shown in the drop-down menu -
3" Torus Architrave should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content;
3" Moulded Softwood Torus Arc can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment;
- Sizes measured as at - 12/03/2015 -
Sizes may be the usual timber nominal size that the 25x75mm Torus Moulded timber is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Moulded 3 inch Redwood sizes are generally ± 1mm on thickness / ± 2mm on width, ± 6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and cannot take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the 3" Architrave Moulding. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined timber sizes, pattern, grading, treatment or certification.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details, before ordering, & before commencing work.
We are able to supply FSC and PEFC Certified 2 Inch R-1-E Moulded Timber with our Chain of Custody Certifications, CoC -
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 2" R1E BMT-PEFC-1119.150 or 2" R1E TT-CoC-003944.150 - POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Mould once work has commenced. Larger orders of 3" Architraves, and Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can now take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 3" Torus Architrave
JAS Delivery of Timber Arcs on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
The weight of 3" Torus Architrave is approximately 0.94Kg per metre, to include packing;
Prepared Timber 75mm Torus Arc can be purchased online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight;
XDP Carrier Delivery of Timber Torus Architrave is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
XDP parcels can be up to -
2400x400x400mm/10Kg = £11.40 +vat - over 10Kg - per 1Kg = +£0.50 +vat
( The risk of damage is not known yet with XPD. )
- You can select a "safer" more reliable, tracked delivery with TNT for £6 +vat extra; Add this extra charge to basket - TNT Tracked Delivery
Haulier Delivery of Torus Architrave by pallet can be arranged for larger quantities of Softwood Timber Skirtings and Architraves.
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about PEFC Softwood Torus Architrave, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The July 2017 Scandinavian Softwood Price List is current - 01/05/2018 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants with any enquiries about 75mm Torus PEFC Softwood Architraves - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of 3" Torus Timber Arcs correct, but mistakes can be made!