3" Ogee Architrave *Redwood Scandinavian Softwood* (69x20mm)
3" Ogee Architrave * Prepared Scandinavian Redwood Softwood *
- Single-side moulding 75mm Ogee-one-Side;
- 20x69mm finished size of timber moulding;
Generally we source a Joinery Quality Upper-Gulf Fifth Swedish PEFC Redwood from SCA Timber;
Ogee Timber Architrave is stocked in 4.2 metre lengths, ideal for door casing sizes of 2.1 metres.
This architrave is normally machined from 25mm timber boards, so that there are fewer knots and defects.
Architraves are decorative timber trims that are placed internally around a door casing, window, or loft hatch opening; They serve to hide the joint between the wall and the timber. Architraves also conceal any subsequent shrinkage in the surrounding materials.
The return corners of the architraves are usually mitred, and when fitted, architraves are usually set back from the edge of the casing by about 4mm; A narrower margin can restrict the knuckle of the hinges, and the striking plate.
- Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
(Product images may be representative, approximate diagrams, or a similar but different sized moulding - and not the actual product you are purchasing.)
For cutting or machining of 3" Ogee Moulding see : Machining in Yard or for more accuracy see : Machining in Workshop
For Architraves and Skirting-boards in Oak - Oak Mouldings
and MDF Architraves and Skirting boards - MDF Skirting & Mouldings
Other Mouldings & Beadings can be seen - Pine Mouldings - Hardwood Mouldings - Oak Mouldings
|Mason's Timber, Cheshire Mouldings & Richard Burbidge |
Beadings & Mouldings -
- The PEFC logo & PEFC® initials are registered Trademarks of the PEFC Council;
- The FSC logo & FSC® initials are registered Trademarks of the Forest Stewardship Council®.
75x25mm Softwood Ogee is usually machined from 25mm Upper Gulf Fifth quality PEFC Scandinavian Redwood Timber - Finished size : 69x20mm
- 4.2 Metre Lengths in Stock (ideal for Door Arc Sets) - 02/01/2019 - Available for Van Delivery -
- Carrier Delivery is available for 0.9 M. - 1.2 M. - 1.5 M. - 1.8 M. - 2.1 M. & 2.4 Metre 3 inch Ogee Arc Cut Lengths -
- Latest 3" Ogee Stock has Scandinavian Mill mark : - Previous marks include: II 4.2M. STORA - ENSO - etc.
- Lengths & Cutting Tolerances of 75mm Moulded Ogee Arc are shown in the drop-down menu -
3" Ogee Architrave should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content;
3" Moulded Softwood Ogee can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment; External use of 3" Ogee is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally - poa;
- Sizes measured as at - 18/09/2012 -
Sizes are the usual timber nominal size that the 25x75mm Ogee Moulded timber is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Moulded 3 inch Redwood sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width, ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and does not take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the ogee architrave. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined timber sizes, pattern, grading, treatment or certification.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details, before ordering, & before commencing work.
We are able to supply FSC and PEFC Certified 3" Ogee Moulded Timber with our Chain of Custody Certifications - CoC :
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 3" Ogee BMT-PEFC-1119.150 or 3" Ogee TT-CoC-003944.150 - POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Mould once work has commenced. Larger orders of 3" Architraves, and Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can now take Debit Card, BACS or Credit Card payment online for 3" Ogee Pattern Architrave
JAS Delivery of 75mm Ogee Architraves on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
The weight of 3" Ogee Pattern Architrave is approximately 1Kg per metre, to include packing;
Prepared Timber 75mm Ogee Pattern Arc can be purchased online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight;
XDP Carrier Delivery of Timber Ogee Pattern Architrave is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
XDP parcels can be up to -
2400x400x400mm/10Kg = £11.40 +vat - over 10Kg - per 1Kg = +£0.50 +vat
( The risk of damage is not known yet with XPD. )
- You can select a "safer" more reliable, tracked delivery with TNT for £6 +vat extra; Add this extra charge to basket - TNT Tracked Delivery
Haulier Delivery by pallet can be arranged for larger quantities of Softwood Timber Skirtings and Architraves.
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about Redwood 3" Ogee Moulding, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The July 2017 Scandinavian 25mm Redwood Timber Price List is current - 01/06/2018 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants with any enquiries about PEFC Softwood 75mm Ogee Architraves - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of 3" Timber Ogee correct, but mistakes can be made!