3 inch Architrave - R1E ( Finished: 14x69mm ) *Redwood* Round-1-Edge
3 inch Architrave - (Arc, R1E, Round-One-Edge, Pencil-Round, Bullnose or Back-mould)
75mm Arc (14.5x70mm) * Machined from PEFC Scandinavian Redwood *
Generally we source an Upper-Gulf Swedish redwood from SCA Timber, for a consistently good quality and density of timber, and an acceptable number of knots; A fresh contemporary style architrave for general use around door-frames and window-frames, and can also be used as a slim-line skirting board in loft areas.
This size of moulding is normally deep-cut from 38mm boards, and generally available in 4.2 metre lengths, ideal for door casing architrave lengths.
Architraves are decorative timber trims that are placed internally around a door casing, window, or loft hatch opening; They serve to hide the joint between the wall and the timber. Architraves also conceal any subsequent shrinkage in the surrounding materials.
The return corners of the architraves are usually mitred, and when fitted, architraves are usually set back from the edge of the casing by about 4mm; A narrower margin can restrict the knuckle of the hinges, and the striking plate.
- Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
(Product images may be representative, approximate diagrams, or a similar but different sized moulding - and not the actual product you are purchasing.)
Price per length shown in the drop-down menu - these can be sent by carrier.
We can price larger quantities and pack lots per cubic metre;
See other patterns of Timber Architrave, and Skirting Boards - Skirtings & Architraves
Also see MDF Skirtings and architraves - MDF Skirtings & Mouldings
and Solid-Oak Engineered Architraves, Skirtings, Window-Boards & Mouldings - Oak Mouldings
Other Mouldings & Beadings can be seen - Pine Mouldings - Hardwood Mouldings - Oak Mouldings
|Mason's Timber, Cheshire Mouldings & Richard Burbidge |
Beadings & Mouldings -
- The PEFC logo & PEFC® initials are registered Trademarks of the PEFC Council;
- The FSC logo & FSC® initials are registered Trademarks of the Forest Stewardship Council®.
75mm x 18mm Softwood Pencil Round Arc is usually machined from 38mm VTH quality PEFC or FSC Scandinavian Redwood Timber - Finished size : 70x14.5mm
- 4.2 Metre Lengths of 3 inch Architrave in Stock (ideal for Door Arc Sets) Available for Van Delivery - 03/02/2020 -
- Carrier Delivery is available for 0.9 M. - 1.2 M. - 1.5 M. - 1.8 M. - 2.1 M. & 2.4 Metre 3 inch Round Arc cut lengths -
- Latest 3 inch R-1-Edge Stock has Scandinavian Mill mark : *UOIO* - Previous mark include: SCA STORA - ENSO - etc.
- Lengths & Cutting Tolerances of 75mm Moulded Pencil-Round Arc are shown in the drop-down menu -
38mm Scandinavian Fifth Joinery quality Redwood Softwood normally has a few knots that generally stay firm - (Slightly more than in an Unassorted quality timber).
3" Pencil Round Architrave should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content;
3" Moulded Softwood R-1-E Arc can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment & weather-proof coating; 4x2 Planed Wood is not treated or finished in any way - External use of 3 inch Arc is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally - poa;
- Sizes measured as at - 13/04/2015 -
Sizes are the usual timber nominal size that the 18x75mm Rounded Moulded timber is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Moulded 3 inch Redwood sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width, ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and does not take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the 75mm architrave. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 3" Architrave sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We are able to supply Certified 3 inch Planed Timber Arcs with our Chain of Custody Certifications - CoC :
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 75mm Arc INT-COC-003944.150 & 75mm Arc INT-PEFC/COC-001119.150 - POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Product once work has commenced; Larger orders and Direct Deliveries of 3" Timber Architrave are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 3" Architraves
JAS Delivery of 75mm R-1-E Architraves on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
The weight of 3" Pencil-round Architrave is approximately 0.7Kg per metre, to include packing; - There is a cross-cutting tolerance on length;
Prepared Timber 75mm Pencil-Round Arc can be purchased online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight;
XDP Carrier Delivery of Timber Pencil-Round Architrave is possible from £12.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
XDP parcels can be up to -
2400x400x400mm/10Kg = £12.40 +vat - over 10Kg - per 1Kg = +£0.50 +vat
( The risk of damage is not known yet with XPD. )
- You can select a "safer" more reliable, tracked delivery with TNT for £6 +vat extra; Add this extra charge to basket - TNT Tracked Delivery
Haulier Delivery by pallet can be arranged for larger quantities of Softwood Timber Skirtings and Architraves.
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 3" Pencil-Round Moulding, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The July 2017 Scandinavian 25mm Redwood Timber Price List is current - 01/06/2018 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants for any details about Softwood 75mm Pencil Round Architraves - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of 3" Rounded Timber Architrave correct, but mistakes can be made!