6x2 Softwood Firecheck Door Casing Length ( ex 150x50mm / Finished: 143x44mm - Rebated: 46x12mm and Grooved: 15x4mm )
6x2 Firecheck Door Casing *Scandinavian Redwood* - Loose Length - Price per metre :
ex 50x150mm ( Fin. size: 143x44mm - Rebated: 46x12mm and Grooved: 15x4mm )
Machined from Joinery quality PEFC Certified Fifth Swedish Redwood;
6x2 Redwood Firecheck Casing is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
The price is shown per running metre of 50x150mm Fire Door Casing, and per length in the drop-down menu;
- We can cut these Casing Lengths in our workshop to a specific width - up to 143mm;
- Select the Fine-cutting option in the drop-down menu, and tell us the Casing Width you require.
- We can also Trench these Casing Lengths in our workshop to a specific Door Width;
- Select the Trenching option in the drop-down menu for the length you require trenching, and tell us your Door Width ( We will allow 3mm for clearance ).
- 6x2 Fire Casing Lengths in Stock - 01/09/2021
We also sell Firecheck Casing in other sizes, in loose lengths, Internal Door Casings and External Door Casings: JAS Door Casing Range
- Fire Doors
- Architraves and Plinth Blocks
- Intumescent Strips
50x150mm Planed Timber Firecheck Door Casing Length is usually machined from 50mm Fifths Joinery quality PEFC Scandinavian Redwood Timber - Finished size : 44x143mm;
Machined from 50x150mm Fifth Swedish redwood softwood - rebated and grooved.
Finished section: 5-5/8" x 1-3/4" - rebated: 1-3/4" x 1/2" & grooved for intumescent strip: 5/8"x1/8" centrally in the rebate;
( 143x44mm - rebated 46x12mm - intumescent groove: 15x4mm )
Untreated & un-primed Redwood / Softwood Timber.
6x2 Planed Timber Fire Casing lengths should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; 6x2 Planed Softwood Fire Casing can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment & weather-proof coating; External use of Moulded Redwood Fire Door Casing is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- 6x2 Fire Door Casing Lengths in Stock - 03/02/2020 -
Sizes are the usual timber nominal size that the 50x150mm Planed Firecheck Casing is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Planed 6x2 Redwood Fire Casing sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±3mm on width, ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and does not take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the 6x2 Firecheck Casing Length. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 6x2 Planed Firecheck Casing Lengths sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We are able to supply FSC or PEFC Certified 6x2 Fire Door Casing Lengths with our Chain of Custody Certifications - CoC:
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 6x2 Fire Casing Length INT-PEFC/COC-001119.150 or 6x2 Fire Casing Length INT-COC-003944.150 - POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- It is the purchasers responsibility to check the suitability of this Fire Door Casing, in conjunction with the fire door certification, intumescent strip, door casing surround, hardware & the situation of use.
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Fire Door Casing Length once work has commenced; 6 inch Timber Firecheck Casing Cut Length is machined to your order, and supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 6 inch Timber Fire Door Casings, Fire Door Frames and Fire Door Linings in lengths.
Van Delivery of 6" Wood Fire Door Casing on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire and the North-West, from £10.00 +vat - poa; ( from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat; )
Chargeable carriage weights may be shown for Planed 6x2 Softwood Fire Door Framing in Kg to include the minimum of packaging, our careful packing and Standard Zone-A Carriage Charge; To order online - Click add to Basket, taking care if there are any options to choose in drop-down menus; To see your ongoing Order Total or to amend it, click the small Checkout Trolley icon at the Top-RHS of the page in the Green Navigation-bar.
Carrier Delivery of 6 x 2 inch Fire Door Casing Lengths costs from £12.40 +vat - up to 10Kg and 2.4 metres x 400x400mm, then +50p per extra Kg; For 2.4 to 3.6 metres from £15 +vat more - poa; Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities to Zone A Mainland - poa other zones; The risk of damage is roughly 5% with carrier delivery, so we urge you NOT to sign for your consignment until you have checked it; Once signed ( "unchecked" is not valid ) - any carrier will deem that you have received your order in reasonable condition - It is then your responsibility; Please do not accept your delivery if damage is apparent - Refuse it marked "Damaged" so that it is returned to us - thanks. You can choose an "Insured" Tracked Delivery for £6 +vat extra, by adding - TNT Carriage
Haulier Delivery of 150mm Fire Casings can be done for larger quantities, charged per 1.2 metre pallet space to your post code - poa;
Direct Delivery of 150x50mm Firecheck Casing Sections may be possible from some of our suppliers - poa;
( Please tell us the delivery post-code for your enquiry about 6x2 Fire Door Casing Lengths, so that we can quote for shipping. )
- The January 2022 Quarterly Scandinavian Softwood Price Lists are current - 01/02/2022
- The January 2022 Quarterly Hardwood and Oak Price Lists are current - 01/02/2022
- The January 2022 Cheshire Mouldings Timber Casings Price List is current - 01/02/2022
- The October 2021 Richard Burbidge Fire Door Casings Price List is current - 01/02/2022
- The Masons Timber October 2021 Softwood, Hardwood and Oak Firecheck Casings Price Lists are current - 01/02/2022
- Please phone us at JAS Timber for any further details about 6" Prepared Timber Fire Casings and Frames - 01254 54000
E.&O.E. see T&C - We try to keep prices and specifications of 6x2 FD30 Casings correct, please tell us if you see any errors.