6x2 External Door Casing Set ex 50x150mm Softwood | Finished: 44x143mm with 46x12mm Rebate | Untreated 3 loose lengths / untrenched head.
6x2 External Door Casing Set *Scandinavian Redwood*
Softwood ex 50x150mm (fin.size: 143x44mm - 46x12mm rebate)
- 6x2 External Casing Sets in Stock - 01/11/2018 -
Machined from 50x150mm Fifth Scandinavian Redwood, taped together as a loose set,
2 @ 82" legs, 1 @ 41" head: un-trenched;
Finished section: 5-5/8" x 1-3/4" & rebated: 1-3/4" x1/2";
(Finished sizes : 143x45mm- rebated 46x12mm)
6x2 external casing is sold as 3 loose lengths, untrenched, and can be used for door sizes up to 81x36".
This door casing timber is untreated & un-primed. 6x2 Planed Softwood Casing must be given suitable timber treatment and finishing coats, for external use.
Pine Redwood Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
- We also sell 6x2 External Casing in cut loose lengths - 50x150mm External Casing - Lengths
- Other 50mm Casings that er stock or make are -
- 4x2 External Casing Sets - 50x100mm External Door Casing
- 4x2 External Casing in cut loose lengths - 50x100mm External Casing - Lengths
- 9x2 External Casing Sets Made to Order - 50x225mm External Door Casing
See our full range of Door Casings - Internal Door Casings - External Door Casings - Fire Door Casings
50x150mm Planed Timber External Door Casing is usually machined from 50mm Fifths Joinery quality Scandinavian Redwood Timber - Finished size : 44mm x 143mm
Machined from 50mm x 150mm Fifth Swedish Redwood Softwood, taped together as a loose set,
2 @ 82" legs, 1 @ 41" head: un-trenched and un-jointed - ( You can then allow your own clearance for the width of your door. )
Finished section: 5-3/4" x 1-3/4" - rebated: 1-3/4" x 1/2";
( 143x44mm - rebated 46x12mm )
Untreated and un-primed Redwood Softwood Timber.
6x2 Planed Timber External Casing should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; 6x2 Planed Softwood External Door Casing can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment and weather-proof coating; External use of Moulded Redwood Door Casing is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timber externally.
- Sizes of 150mm Ext. Casing Sets were measured as at - 01/07/2018
Sizes are the usual timber nominal size that the 50x150mm External Casing Set is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Planed 150mm Redwood External Casing Set size tolerances are generally ±2mm on thickness / ±4mm on width, and ±10mm cross-cutting lengths, and there may be splitter saw cut-edges; ( Be aware: For many reasons, size and profile of 6x2 Ext Timber Casing Sets may vary from batch to batch, such as corners etc, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date. )
- JAS Timber cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 6x2 Timber Casing Set sizes, pattern, construction, grading, moisture-content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain;
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before purchasing Sets of 6x2 Ext Casing, & notify us in writing on your order.
We can supply Certification for 150mm External Door Casing Sets with our Chain of Custody Certificates, CoC - JAS Timber CoC Certified FSC® 150mm Ext. Casing Set TT-CoC-003944.150 or Certified PEFC® 150mm Ext. Casing Set BMT-PEFC-1119.150 - poa;
- Check your Casing Delivery, to see that all 6x2 Ext Redwood Casing component dimensions, any mouldings, any glazing, and that ALL other details are correct, prior to any related work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Casings once work has commenced. Larger orders of 6x2 Door Casing and Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 6x2 External Redwood Door Casings.
Van Delivery of 150mm Door Casings on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire and the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa ( from £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat; )
The chargeable carriage weight of 6x2 External Door Frame is 22Kg, to include the minimum of packaging, our careful packing, and the XDP® Standard Zone-A Carriage Charge;
6x2 External Door Casing can now be purchased online - Just add to basket;
Carrier Delivery of External Timber Door Casings is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg / 2.4 M., then 50p per Kg; - 2.4 to 3 M. from + £15+vat - poa; Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities to Zone A Mainland - poa other zones;
Carrier Delivery of External Door Frames is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg / 2.4 metres, then 50p per Kg; 2.4 to 3 metres - poa;Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities to Zone A mainland- poa other zones;
( Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 6x2 External Door Frame, so that we can quote for delivery. )
- The October 2018 Quarterly Scandinavian Timber Price-Lists will apply unless there is a new currency based over-rider - 01/11/2018
- Please phone us at JAS Timber for any further details about 6x2 External Timber Door Frames, Door Casings and Door-Linings - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of 150mm External Casings correct, but mistakes can be made! Please let us us know if you do spot any errors - thanks.