6x2 EXTERNAL DOOR CASING SET (ex 50x150mm / fin: 44x143mm untreated Softwood) : 46x12mm rebate - (2 @ 2.1M. 1 @ 1 M. Loose lengths / Untrenched head.)
6x2 External Door Casing Set *Scandinavian Redwood*
Softwood ex 50x150mm (fin.size: 143x44mm - 46x12mm rebate)
- 6x2 External Casing Sets in Stock - 01/09/2017 -
Machined from 50x150mm Fifth Scandinavian Redwood, taped together as a loose set,
2 @ 82" legs, 1 @ 41" head: un-trenched;
Finished section: 5-5/8" x 1-3/4" & rebated: 1-3/4" x1/2";
(Finished sizes : 143x45mm- rebated 46x12mm)
6x2 external casing is sold as 3 loose lengths, untrenched, and can be used for door sizes up to 81x36".
This door casing timber is untreated & un-primed. 6x2 Planed Softwood Casing must be given suitable timber treatment and finishing coats, for external use.
Pine Redwood Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
- We also sell 6x2 External Casing in cut loose lengths - 50x150mm External Casing - Lengths
- 4x2 External Casing Sets - 50x100mm External Door Casing
- 4X2 External Casing in cut loose lengths - 50x100mm External Casing - Lengths
- 9x2 External Casing Sets Made to Order - 50x225mm External Door Casing
See our full range of Door Casings - Internal Door Casings - External Door Casings - Fire Door Casings
50x150mm Planed Timber External Door Casing is usually machined from 50mm Fifths Joinery quality PEFC Scandinavian Redwood Timber - Finished size : 44x143mm;
Machined from 50x150mm Fifth Swedish redwood softwood, taped together as a loose set,
2 @ 82" legs, 1 @ 41" head: un-trenched and un-jointed; - (You can then allow your own clearance for the width of your door.)
Finished section: 5-3/4" x 1-3/4" - rebated: 1-3/4" x 1/2";
(143x44mm - rebated 46x12mm)
Untreated & un-primed Redwood Softwood Timber.
6x2 Planed Timber External Casing should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; 6x2 Planed Softwood External Door Casing can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment & weather-proof coating; External use of Moulded Redwood Door Casing is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- Sizes measured as at - 01/07/2016 -
Sizes are the usual timber nominal size that the 50x150mm Planed External Casing is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Planed 6x2 Redwood External Casing sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width, ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and cannot take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the Timber Dowel. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 6x2 Door Casing sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We are able to supply Certified 6x2 Moulded Softwood Door Casing Sets with our Chain of Custody Certifications, CoC -
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 6x2 Casing TT-CoC-003944.150 & 6x2 Casing BMT-PEFC-1119.150 - POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Product once work has commenced. Larger orders of 6x2 Door Casing and Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can now take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 6x2 External Redwood Door Casings (there is a 3% bank charge for credit cards) -
Van Delivery of 150mm Door Casings on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat)
The approximate weight of 6x2 External Door Frame is charged at 22Kg, to include packing;
6x2 External Door Casing can now be purchased online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight;
Carrier Delivery of External Door Frames is possible from £9.60 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg;
2.4 to 3.0 M. - poa Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities - poa ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 6x2 External Door Frame, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The July 2016 Scandinavian Softwood Price List is current - 01/12/2016 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants with any enquiries about 50x150mm Softwood External Door Frames - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of 150x50mm External Door Casings correct, but mistakes can be made!