6x2 External Door Casing Set ex 50x150mm Softwood | Finished: 44x143mm with 46x12mm Rebate | Untreated 3 loose lengths / untrenched head.
6x2 External Door Casing Set *Scandinavian Redwood*
Softwood ex 50x150mm (fin.size: 143x44mm - 46x12mm rebate)
- 6x2 External Casing Sets in Stock - 01/08/2018 -
Machined from 50x150mm Fifth Scandinavian Redwood, taped together as a loose set,
2 @ 82" legs, 1 @ 41" head: un-trenched;
Finished section: 5-5/8" x 1-3/4" & rebated: 1-3/4" x1/2";
(Finished sizes : 143x45mm- rebated 46x12mm)
6x2 external casing is sold as 3 loose lengths, untrenched, and can be used for door sizes up to 81x36".
This door casing timber is untreated & un-primed. 6x2 Planed Softwood Casing must be given suitable timber treatment and finishing coats, for external use.
Pine Redwood Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
- We also sell 6x2 External Casing in cut loose lengths - 50x150mm External Casing - Lengths
- Other 50mm Casings that er stock or make are -
- 4x2 External Casing Sets - 50x100mm External Door Casing
- 4X2 External Casing in cut loose lengths - 50x100mm External Casing - Lengths
- 9x2 External Casing Sets Made to Order - 50x225mm External Door Casing
See our full range of Door Casings - Internal Door Casings - External Door Casings - Fire Door Casings
50x150mm Planed Timber External Door Casing is usually machined from 50mm Fifths Joinery quality PEFC Scandinavian Redwood Timber - Finished size : 44x143mm
Machined from 50x150mm Fifth Swedish redwood softwood, taped together as a loose set,
2 @ 82" legs, 1 @ 41" head: un-trenched and un-jointed; - (You can then allow your own clearance for the width of your door.)
Finished section: 5-3/4" x 1-3/4" - rebated: 1-3/4" x 1/2";
(143x44mm - rebated 46x12mm)
Untreated & un-primed Redwood Softwood Timber.
6x2 Planed Timber External Casing should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; 6x2 Planed Softwood External Door Casing can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment & weather-proof coating; External use of Moulded Redwood Door Casing is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- Sizes measured as at - 01/07/2016 -
Sizes are the usual timber nominal size that the 50x150mm Planed External Casing is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Planed 6x2 Redwood External Casing sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width, ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and cannot take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the Timber Dowel. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 6x2 Door Casing sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We are able to supply Certified 6x2 Moulded Softwood Door Casing Sets with our Chain of Custody Certifications, CoC -
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 6x2 Casing TT-CoC-003944.150 & 6x2 Casing BMT-PEFC-1119.150 - POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Product once work has commenced. Larger orders of 6x2 Door Casing and Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can now take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 6x2 External Redwood Door Casings
JAS Van Delivery of 150mm Door Casings on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat)
The approximate weight of 6x2 External Door Frame is charged at 22Kg, to include packing;
6x2 External Door Casing can now be purchased online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight;
Carrier Delivery of External Door Frames is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg;
2.4 to 3.0 M. - poa Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 6x2 External Door Frame, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The July 2016 Scandinavian Softwood Price List is current - 01/06/2018 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants with any enquiries about 50x150mm Softwood External Door Frames - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of 150x50mm External Door Casings correct, but mistakes can be made!