6x2 External Door Casing (ex 50x150mm - Finished size: 45x143mm) *Softwood* Cut Length
6x2 External Door Casing - *Softwood* Cut Length
ex 50x150mm (Finished size: 143x44mm - with 46x12mm rebate) *Scandinavian Redwood*
Machined from 50x150mm Fifth PEFC Scandinavian Redwood;
Finished section: 5-3/4" x 1-3/4" & rebated: 1-3/4" x 1/2"; (143x44mm - rebated 46x12mm)
- 4.2 Metre Lengths in Stock - 01/08/2018 -
- These will have to be cut for Carrier Delivery -
This door casing timber is untreated & not-primed.
Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour, and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
Door Frame Kits also available - 6x2 External Door Casing Set
See all Door Casings - Internal - External - Firecheck Door Casings
50x150mm Planed Timber External Door Casing Length is usually machined from 50mm Fifths Joinery quality PEFC Scandinavian Redwood Timber - Finished size : 44x143mm
Finished section: 5-3/4" x 1-3/4" (143x44mm);
Untreated & un-primed Redwood Softwood Timber.
6x2 Planed Timber External Door Casing should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; 6x2 Planed Softwood External Casing can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment & weather-proof coating; External use of Moulded Redwood External Door Casing is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- Sizes measured as at - 14/12/2012 -
Sizes are the usual timber nominal size that the 50x150mm Planed External Casing is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Planed 6x2 Redwood External Casing sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width, ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined timber sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment or certification;
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work.
We are able to supply Certified 6x2 Moulded Softwood Door Casing Length with our Chain of Custody Certifications, CoC -
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 6x2 Casing TT-CoC-003944.150 & 6x2 Casing BMT-PEFC-1119.150 - POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Product once work has commenced; Larger orders and Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can now take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 6x2 External Door Frames lengths
JAS Delivery of 150mm External Casing Lengths on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
The approximate weight of 6x2 External Door Frame is 4Kg per metre, to include packing;
6x2 External Door Casing Lengths can now be purchased online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight;
Carrier Delivery of 150mm External Casings is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg;
2.4 to 3.0 M. - poa; Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 6x2 inch External Casing Lengths, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The April 2016 Scandinavian 50mm Softwood Price List is current - 01/06/2018 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants with any enquiries about 6x2 External Door Casing & Firecheck Door Framing - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of 150mm External Door Casing correct, but mistakes can be made!