Planed 50mm PSE
50mm Planed Square Edge Timber:
50mm PSE Softwood - Machined from 2" Upper Gulf Scandinavian Redwood Boards ( ex 50mm finishing at 44mm )
50mm PSE Hardwood - Machined from 2 inch African Dark-Red Sapele Mahogany Boards ( ex 50mm finishing at 44mm )
- £1.32 + VAT 20%
- £1.95 + VAT 20%
- £2.60 + VAT 20%
- £4.32 + VAT 20%
- £5.94 + VAT 20%
- £51.24 + VAT 20%
- £2.00 + VAT 20%
- £1.00 + VAT 20%
50mm Planed Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects. A certain amount of checking and splitting occurs in 2 inch Softwoods, and to a lesser extent in 2 inch Hardwoods; This is allowable in their Grading Specification;
50mm Planed Joinery Timber is kiln-dried - where the moisture level is brought down to 18-20%. Generally in a heated building, the moisture level can be 8-10%, and it is here, where the moisture level of timber is rapidly changed, that twisting, warping and splitting can occur. What can be done is to leave the timber in a room to acclimatise in a stack, to stop the twisting and cupping, and shuffle the boards occasionally so that they dry out slowly and evenly, to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content.
Sizes may be the usual timber nominal size that the 2 inch Planed Timber PSE is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Planed 50mm PSE Redwood sizes are generally ± 2mm on thickness / ± 4mm on width, ± 12mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and does not take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the 2 inch Planed Timber. ( Be aware: For many reasons, size and profile of 50mm Planed Timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date. )
Planed 50mm Softwood needs suitable external treatment, finishing & maintenance for exterior use; External use is at your own risk.
- JAS Timber cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 50mm Planed Timber sizes, pattern, construction, grading, moisture-content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before purchasing, & notify us in writing on your order.
We can supply FSC® or PEFC® Certification for Planed 50mm Timber with our Chain of Custody Certificates, (CoC) -
JAS Timber CoC - FSC Certified 2 inch Planed Timber TT-CoC-003944.150 or PEFC Certified 50mm Planed Timber BMT-PEFC-1119.150 - poa;
- Check your Planed 50mm Timber delivery on arrival, to see that all it's component dimensions, any mouldings, any glazing, and that ALL other details are correct, prior to any related work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Planed Timber Item once work has commenced; 50mm Planed Timber Orders at variance with our Stock-holding and All Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
- The PEFC logo® & PEFC® initials are registered Trademarks of the PEFC Council®;
- The FSC logo® & FSC® initials are registered Trademarks of the Forest Stewardship Council®.
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 50mm PSE Timber.
Van Delivery of 2 inch Planed Timber on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire and the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa; ( from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat; )
Chargeable carriage weights may be shown for 50mm Planed Timber Lengths in Kg to include the minimum of packaging, our careful packing and the XDP® Standard Zone-A Carriage Charge; To order online - Click add to Basket, taking care if there are any options in drop-down menus; To see your ongoing Order Total or to amend it, click the small Checkout Trolley icon at the Top-RHS of the page in the Green Navigation-bar.
Carrier Delivery of 2 inch Planed Timber Boards is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg and 2.4 metres, then +50p per extra Kg +vat; For 2.4 to 3.6 metres - from £15 +vat extra - poa; Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities to Zone A Mainland - poa other zones;
( Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 2" Planed Pine Sections, so that we can quote for shipping. )
- The October 2019 Quarterly Scandinavian 50mm Timber Price-Lists will apply unless there is a new currency based over-rider - 01/10/2019
- Please phone us at JAS Timber for any further details about 2 inch Planed Timber and Prepared Wood Sections - 01254 54000
E.&O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of Machined 50mm Softwood correct, but mistakes can be made! Please let us us know if you do spot any errors - thanks.