2" Building Timber
Softwood 2 inch Building Timber ( 47mm ) - Regularised 'Eased Edge' and Fine Sawn Carcassing Timber:
Smaller sizes of this timber are a high quality Home-grown Whitewood, most now being Regularised Easi-Edge - ( Semi-planed with eased corners ), Kiln-dried and Graded to SSC16 ( or occasionally SSC24 ) Strength Certification; They are generally Grade-Stamped for inspection by your Building Inspector, so suitable as joists, rafters and building timber. Some sizes are standard rough-sawn timber.
Normal lengths are 3.0, 3.6, 4.2 & 4.8 metres, and 5.4 & 6.0 metres in some sizes, and in the larger purlin & roof-hip sizes;
We keep a good selection of larger sized timbers in stock, up to 9" / 225mm in the Easi-Edge and 12 inch / 300mm in a German unsorted graded Whitewood Fine-Sawn Carcassing timber; We can also source larger sizes and lengths to order.
- £2.64 + VAT 20%
- £4.08 + VAT 20%
- £5.19 + VAT 20%
- £6.51 + VAT 20%
- £3.20 + VAT 20%
- £7.22 + VAT 20%
- £4.17 + VAT 20%
- £4.64 + VAT 20%
- £30.77 + VAT 20%
- £2.00 + VAT 20%
- £1.00 + VAT 20%
2 inch Carcassing Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour, and grain should be expected - They are allowable. A certain amount of checking and splitting occurs, and is allowable in the Grading Specification; 50mm Timber can be Grade-Stamped for strength, where required.
Most sizes of 50mm Graded Carcassing timber are kiln-dried; Unseasoned 50mm timber can have a moisture content approaching the maximum saturation level of 27%, when air-dried "in-stick" this can fall to 20-23%, and if kiln-dried the moisture level is brought down to 18-20%. Generally in a heated building, the moisture level can be 8-10%, and it is here, when the moisture level of timber is rapidly changed, that twisting, warping and splitting can occur.
We keep tilt-fillet in stock and can cut firring pieces and other timber sections to size for flat-roof and pitched-roof work.
Sizes may be the usual timber nominal size that the 2 inch Carcassing Softwood is cut from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Carcassing Timber sizes are generally ±3mm on thickness / ±6mm on width, ±20mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and does not take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the 50mm Construction Timber. ( Be aware: For many reasons, size, profile and other aspects of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date. )
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in 50mm Sawn Timber sizes, pattern, construction, grading, moisture-content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We can supply FSC® or PEFC® Certification for 50mm Sawn Timber with our Chain of Custody Certificates, (CoC) - JAS Timber CoC - FSC Certified 50mm Carcassing Timber TT-CoC-003944.150 or PEFC Certified 50mm Carcassing Timber BMT-PEFC-1119.150 - poa;
- Check your 50mm Building Timber delivery on arrival, to see that all it's component dimensions, any mouldings, any glazing, and that all other details are correct, prior to any related work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any 2 inch Construction Timber Product once work has commenced; 50mm Carcassing Timber Orders at variance with our Stock-holding and All Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
Poa - Extra Cutting or Machining on 2" Sawn Timber - Machining in Yard - Machining In Workshop - Workshop Time -
Don't forget our Roto Oak Roof Windows if you are undertaking a barn conversion project, or if you simply want the best roof window - a unique product from JAS Timber, Blackburn, Lancashire.
- The PEFC logo® & PEFC® initials are registered Trademarks of the PEFC Council®;
- The FSC logo® & FSC® initials are registered Trademarks of the Forest Stewardship Council®.
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 50mm Building Timber.
Van Delivery of 50mm Carcassing Timber on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire and the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa; ( from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat; )
Approximate weights for 50mm Sawn Timber sections are shown in Kg per metre;
2 inch Sawn Wood planking with purchase basket can be bought online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight;
Other products with no purchase basket may have a more complex delivery structure depending on weight, length & where you are - please contact us.
Carrier Delivery of 50mm Timber Joists is possible from £9.60 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg; 2.4 to 3.0 M.+ £15+vat! Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities - Zone A Mainland - poa other zones;
Haulier Delivery of 50mm Sawn Timber by pallet can be arranged for larger quantities.
Direct Delivery of 50mm Timber Joists may be possible from some of our suppliers.
( Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 2 inch Building Timber, so that we can quote for delivery. )
- The April 2018 Quarterly Scandinavian Softwood Price-Lists will apply unless there is a new currency based over-rider - 01/05/2018
- Please phone us at JAS Timber for any details about 2 inch Building Timber and Wood Joists - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of 50mm Building Softwood correct, but mistakes can be made! Please let us us know if you do spot any errors - thanks.