5" Torus / Lambstongue Skirting (Fin: 14x119mm) *Redwood*
5" Softwood Torus / Lambstongue (14x119mm) *Redwood* Skirting Board
- Finished size -14x119mm PEFC Scandinavian Redwood.
Generally we source an PEFC Certified Upper-Gulf Swedish Joinery Redwood from SCA Timber, for a consistently good quality and density of timber, and an acceptable number of knots;
Ideal to use as an Architrave or Backmould for trimming round door frames, window frames and other openings.
Architraves are decorative timber trims that are placed internally around a door casing, window, or loft hatch opening; They serve to hide the joint between the wall and the timber frame. Architraves also conceal any subsequent shrinkage in the surrounding materials.
The return corners of the architraves are usually mitred, and when fitted, architraves are usually set back from the edge of the casing by about 4mm; A narrower margin can restrict the knuckle of the hinges, and the striking plate.
Softwood Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected.
Price is per metre, and per length in the drop-down menu - we can price larger quantities and pack lots per cubic metre.
See other patterns of Timber Architrave, and Skirting Boards: Skirtings & Architraves
Also see MDF Skirtings and architraves: MDF Skirtings & Mouldings
and Solid-Oak Engineered Architraves, Skirtings, Window-Boards & Mouldings: Oak Mouldings
Other Mouldings & Beadings can be seen - Pine Mouldings - Hardwood Mouldings - Oak Mouldings
|Mason's Timber, Cheshire Mouldings & Richard Burbidge |
Beadings & Mouldings -
- The PEFC logo & PEFC® initials are registered Trademarks of the PEFC Council;
- The FSC logo & FSC® initials are registered Trademarks of the Forest Stewardship Council®.
125x20mm Softwood Torus / Lambstongue Skirting Board is usually machined from 38mm VTH quality PEFC Scandinavian Redwood Timber - Finished size : 119x14mm
- 5.2 & under Metre Lengths in Stock (ideal for Skirting Sets) - 01/05/2019 - Available for Van Delivery -
- Carrier Delivery is available for 0.9 M. - 1.2 M. - 1.5 M. - 1.8 M. - 2.1 M. & 2.4 Metre 5 inch Torus / Lambstongue Skirting Cut Lengths -
- Latest 5 inch Torus / Lambstongue Stock has Scandinavian Mill mark : *SCA* - Previous marks include: SCA - STORA - ENSO - etc.
- Lengths & Cutting Tolerances of 125mm Torus/Lambstongue Moulded Skirting are shown in the drop-down menu -
5" Torus / Lambstongue Skirting should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content;
5" Moulded Softwood Torus / Lambstongue Skirting can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment;
- Sizes measured as at - 12/03/2015 -
Sizes may be the usual timber nominal size that the 20x125mm Torus/Lambstongue Moulded timber is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Moulded 5 inch Redwood sizes are generally ± 1mm on thickness / ± 2mm on width, ± 6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and cannot take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the 5" Skirting Moulding. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined timber sizes, pattern, grading, treatment or certification.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details, before ordering, & before commencing work.
We are able to supply FSC and PEFC Certified 5 Inch Torus / Lambstongue Moulded Timber with our Chain of Custody Certifications, CoC -
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 5" Torus / Lambstongue BMT-PEFC-1119.150 or 5" Torus / Lambstongue TT-CoC-003944.150 - POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Mould once work has commenced. Larger orders of 5" Skirtings, and Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can now take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 5" Torus Skirting Board
JAS Delivery of 125mm Timber Skirting on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
The weight of 5 inch Torus Skirting Architrave is approximately 1.2Kg per metre, to include packing;
Prepared Timber 125mm Torus / Lambstongue Skirting can be purchased online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight;
XDP Carrier Delivery of Timber Skirting Board is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
XDP parcels can be up to -
2400x400x400mm/10Kg = £11.40 +vat - over 10Kg - per 1Kg = +£0.50 +vat
( The risk of damage is not known yet with XPD. )
- You can select a "safer" more reliable, tracked delivery with TNT for £6 +vat extra; Add this extra charge to basket - TNT Tracked Delivery
Haulier Delivery by pallet can be arranged for larger quantities of Softwood Timber Skirtings and Architraves.
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 125mm Torus / Lambstongue PEFC Softwood Skirting Board, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The July 2017 38mm Scandinavian Softwood Price List is current - 01/06/2018 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants with any enquiries about 125mm PEFC Softwood Skirting Board - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of 5" Torus Skirting Board correct, but mistakes can be made!