Sow's Ear Handrail : 4x2 Scandinavian U/S Redwood (ex 100x50mm - finished: 93x44mm) Fix to wall
4x2 Sow's Ear Handrail : Softwood Sow's Ear Handrail to fix to wall - Unassorted Scandinavian Redwood - Pine Softwood;
- 100x50mm Sows Ear Moulded Timber Wall-fixing Handrail - Finished size: 93x44mm -
Machined from 100x50mm PEFC U/S Scandinavian Pine Softwood;
Finished size 93x44mm Handgrip-moulded with a flat, approximately 44mm surface, for fitting to the wall.
We have this handrail machined in an Upper-Gulf Unsorted Swedish, Best Joinery Grade timber - a Swedish Redwood softwood timber with a few small firm knots;
This softwood handrail is not treated in any way, and would need a preservative treatment if it were to be used outside.
Our Sows Ear Timber Handrail is stocked mainly in 4.5 metre lengths, but would have to be cut for carrier delivery;
4x2 Timber Handrail available in 0.9, 1.2, 1.5, 1.8, 2.1, 2.4 & 4.5 metre lengths.
Also known as Pig's Ear Handrail & Finger-Grip Handrail;
Generally we try to source an Upper-Gulf Unassorted Swedish redwood timber with small firm knots;
Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not a defect.
- 4.2 Metre Lengths in Stock - 03/02/2020 -
- These can be delivered on our van, or will have to be cut for Carrier Delivery;
See other Handrails - Timber Handrails
Price is generally per running metre or per length in the drop-down menu;
- we can price larger quantities and pack lots per cubic metre.
100x50mm Moulded Timber Handrail is usually machined from 50mm Unassorted Joinery quality Scandinavian Redwood Timber - Finished size : 93x44mm;
- 4.2 Metre Lengths of Sow's Ear 4x2 Softwood Handrail in Stock - Available for Van Delivery - 03/02/2020 -
- Carrier Delivery is available for 0.9 M. - 1.2 M. - 1.5 M. - 1.8 M. - 2.1 M. & 2.4 Metre 4x2 Moulded Handrail Cut Lengths -
- Latest 4x2 Planed Handrail Stock has Scandinavian Mill mark: SCA // Previous Mill marks have been: STORA // ENSO etc.
- Lengths & Cuttings tolerances of 50x100mm Moulded Sow's Ear Handrail are shown in the drop-down menu -
4x2 Scandinavian U/S Joinery quality Redwood Softwood normally has a few knots that generally stay firm - ( Less than in a Fifths quality timber ).
4x2 Timber Handrail should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; 4x2 Moulded Redwood Handrail can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment & weather-proof coating; 4x2 Planed Wood is not treated or finished in any way - External use of 4x2 Handrail is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- Sizes measured as at - 15/08/2012 -
Sizes are the usual timber nominal size that the 50x100mm Sows's Ear Handrail timber moulding is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Planed 4x2 Redwood Handrail sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width, ±10mm cross-cutting tolerance and there may be splitter saw cut-edges; ( Be aware: For many reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date. )
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined timber sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment or certification.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work.
We are able to supply certified 4x2 Sow's Ear Timber Handrail with our Chain of Custody Certifications, CoC :
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 4x2 Handrail INT-COC-003944.150 & 4x2 Handrail INT-PEFC/COC-001119.150 - POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Handrail once work has commenced. Larger orders of Timber Handrail and Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can now take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 4x2 Pine Sow's Ear Handrail.
JAS Delivery of 4x2 Pine Sow's Ear Handrail on our own van locally in Blackburn, Lancashire and the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
The approximate weight of 4x2 Pine Sow's Ear Handrail is 3Kg per metre, to include packing;
Direct Delivery of 4x2 Pine Sow's Ear Handrails from our importer may be possible - poa;
Carrier Delivery is possible on 4x2 Pine Sow's Ear Handrails from £12.40 +vat - up to 2.4M / 10Kg then 50p per Kg +vat; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones) 2.4 to 3.0 Metres from £15+vat - poa; anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities;
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 4x2 Pine Sow's Ear Handrails, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The January 2015 50mm Scandinavian Redwood Price List is current - 01/06/2018 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants for any details about 4x2 Pine Sow's Ear Handrails - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications correct for 4x2 Pine Sow's Ear Handrails, but mistakes can be made!