4x2 Planed *Redwood* Scandinavian Softwood ( PSE ex 100x50mm - Finished: 94x44mm )
4x2 PSE Planed *Redwood* - Softwood* (Machined ex 100x50mm nominal)
Machined from FSC or PEFC Certified Vth Scandinavian Redwood Boards - Finished size : 94x44mm;
Scandinavian Pine - FSC or PEFC Certificated by SCA Timber, Illingworth-Ingham Timber or International Timber;
4x2 Planed Softwood is ideal to use as edging, battening, stud-work and for timber framing.
Poa - cut to length or extra machining on 4x2 planed redwood.
For cutting to length select Machining in Yard
or for a better cut in the Workshop select Machining in Workshop - for more accuracy.
Price is generally per running metre of 100x50mm PSE & per length in the drop-down menu;
- we can price larger quantities and pack lots per cubic metre.
Other Planed Timber sizes can be viewed - Softwood PSE Timber
Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected, they are not defects.
100x50mm Planed Timber is usually machined from 50mm Fifths Joinery quality FSC or PEFC Scandinavian Redwood Timber - Finished size : 94x44mm;
- 4.2 Metre Lengths of Planed 4x2 in Stock - Available for Van Delivery - 01/01/2018 -
- Carrier Delivery is available for 0.9 M. - 1.2 M. - 1.5 M. - 1.8 M. - 2.1 M. & 2.4 Metre 4x2 PSE Planed Softwood Cut Lengths -
- Latest 4x2 Planed Stock has Scandinavian Mill mark : SCA - Previous mark include: STORA - ENSO - etc.
- Lengths & Cutting tolerances 50x100mm Planed Softwood are shown in the Drop-down menu -
4x2 Scandinavian Fifth Joinery quality Redwood Softwood normally has a few knots that generally stay firm - (Slightly more than in an Unassorted quality timber).
4x2 Planed Timber should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content;
4x2 Planed Redwood can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment & weather-proof coating; 4x2 Planed Wood is not treated or finished in any way - External use of 4x2 PSE is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- Sizes measured as at - 21/04/2015 -
Sizes may be the usual timber nominal size that the 50x100mm Planed timber moulding is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Planed 4x2 Redwood sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width, ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and does not take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the Planed 4x2 Reds. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
We are able to supply certified 4x2 PSE Softwood Timber with our Chain of Custody Certifications, CoC -
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 4x2 PSE Reds BMT-PEFC-1119.150 or 4x2 PSE Reds TT-CoC-003944.150 - POA;
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 4 x 2 PSE sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Product once work has commenced; Larger orders and Direct Deliveries of 4x2" Timber are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 4x2 inch PSE Planed Redwood Timber.
Van Delivery of 50x100mm PAR Timber on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa ( from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat )
Planed 4 x 2 Softwood weight is approximately 2.5Kg per metre, to include some packaging, and careful packing;
50x100mm Planed Timber can be purchased online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight;
Carrier Delivery of PSE Planed Timber is possible from £9.60 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg; 2.4 to 3.0 M. - poa; Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones )
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about Planed 4x2 inch Redwood Timber, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The July 2017 50mm Scandinavian Redwood Price List is current - 01/01/2018
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants for any details about 50x100mm PSE Planed Timber - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of Prepared PAR 4 x 2 Softwood correct, but mistakes can be made!