4x2 External Door Casing Set ex 50x100mm Softwood | Finished: 44x94mm with 46x12mm Rebate | Untreated 3 loose lengths / untrenched head.
4x2 External Door Casing Set ( 3 Loose Rebated Lengths. )
ex 50x100mm Softwood ( Finished size: 95x45mm with 46x12mm Rebate. )
- 4x2 External Casing Sets are in Stock - 01/11/2018
Machined from 50x100mm Fifth Scandinavian Joinery Redwood, taped together as a loose set,
2 @ 82 inch Legs, 1 @ 41 inch Head: Un-trenched;
Finished section: 3-3/4" x 1-3/4" and rebated: 1-3/4" x 1/2";
( Finished sizes : 94x45mm - Rebated 46x12mm )
4x2 External Casing is sold as 3 loose lengths, untrenched, and can be used for door sizes up to 81x36 inches which either you can trench and make up yourself, or select "Trenching" in the drop-down menu. We can't make up them up into a frame as they would be broken by the carrier.
This Door-Casing timber is untreated and un-primed. 4x2 Planed Softwood Casing must be given suitable timber treatment, finishing coats, and maintained for external use. External use is at your own risk.
Redwood Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
We also sell -
- 4x2 External Casing in cut loose lengths : 50x100mm Ext Casing - Lengths
- 6x2 External Casing Sets - 50x150mm Ext Door Casing
- 6x2 External Casing in cut loose lengths - 50x150mm Ext Casing - Lengths
- 9x2 External Casing Sets - 50x225mm Ext Door Casing
See our full range of Door Casings - Internal Door Casings - External Door Casings - Fire Door Casings
50x100mm Planed Timber External Door Casing is usually machined from 50mm Fifths Joinery quality PEFC Scandinavian Redwood Timber - Finished size : 44x95mm;
Machined from 50x100mm Fifth Swedish redwood softwood, taped together as a loose set,
2 @ 82" legs, 1 @ 41" head: un-trenched and un-jointed - (You can then allow your own clearance for the width of your door.)
Finished section: 3-3/4" x 1-3/4" - rebated: 1-3/4" x 1/2";
(95x45mm - rebated 46x12mm)
Untreated & un-primed Redwood Softwood Timber.
4x2 Planed Timber External Casing should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; 4x2 Planed Softwood External Door Casing can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment & weather-proof coating; External use of Moulded Redwood Door Casing is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- Sizes measured as at - 01/06/2015 -
Sizes are the usual timber nominal size that the 50x100mm Planed External Door Casing is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Planed 4x2 Redwood External Door Casing sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width, ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and cannot take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the 4x2 Timber Door Casing section. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 4x2 Door Casing sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We are able to supply certified 4x2 Moulded Softwood Casing Set with our Chain of Custody Certifications - CoC -
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 4x2 Door Casing TT-CoC-003944.150 & 4x2 Door Casing BMT-PEFC-1119.150 - poa;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Casings once work has commenced. Larger orders of 4x2 External Casings and Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 4x2 External Redwood Door Casings.
Van Delivery of 100mm Door Casings on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire and the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile- poa ( from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat; )
The approximate weight of a 4x2" External Door Casing is charged at 19Kg, to include packing;
Carrier Delivery of External 4" Door Frames is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg;
2.4 to 3.0 M. - poa; Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities - ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
( Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 4x2 External Casing Sets, so that we can quote for delivery. )
- The July 2018 Scandinavian Softwood Price List is current - 01/08/2018 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants with any enquiries about 50x100mm Softwood External Door Frames - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of 100x50mm External Door Casings correct, but mistakes can be made!