41x9mm Planed Timber Staircase Infill Strip is usually machined from 50mm Best Joinery quality PEFC Scandinavian Softwood Redwood Timber - Finished size : 41mm x 9mm - Cheshire Mouldings TM619 -
The Cheshire Mouldings Timber Grading is to have a substantially knot free timber on three sides (of the square timber, before machining to Infill Strip.); The grading allows several knots per piece, but in practice there are a small number of knots in most pieces, and a few pieces are knot free. The specification for timber bead from our suppliers also allows engineered and finger-jointed timber timber to be used.
- MOULDED 1.75" REDWOOD INFILL TIMBER IN STOCK - 2.4 Metre LENGTHS - 01/12/2016 -
41x9mm Planed Infill Mould should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; Small softwood mouldings can not be recommended for use externally; External use of 41x9mm Planed Timber Infill Strip is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective weather-proof finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- SIZES MEASURED AS AT - 15/08/2013 -
Sizes may be the usual timber NOMINAL size that the 50mm Planed Redwood Softwood Infill Strip Moulding is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Planed 41mm x 9mm Redwood Infill Strip sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width, ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and does not take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the Timber Infill Strip. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
WE ARE ABLE TO SUPPLY FSC or PEFC CERTIFIED PINE INFILL BEAD WITH OUR CHAIN OF CUSTODY CERTIFICATIONS - CoC :
JAS TIMBER CoC CERTIFICATION - TM619 BMT-PEFC-1119.150 or TM619 TT-CoC-003944.150 - POA;
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined TM619 HANDRAIL INFILL STRIP sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Mouldings once work has commenced; Orders of TM619 Timber Infill Strip, and Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.