4.5" SHIPLAP Softwood Cladding (finish: 12mm thick x 111mm cover) Scandinavian Redwood
SHIPLAP CLADDING (12mm thick x 111mm cover) - 4-1/2" Tongue & Groove Cover
Machined from Scandinavian Joinery Redwood Timber 125x15mm - Finished size : 111mm cover x 12mm thickness.
From SCA Timber, this Moulded 5" x 3/4" Scandinavian Pine Redwood Timber can be PEFC Certified;
- Shiplap Moulded from 18x125mm softwood T&G;
- Finished size of 12x111mm - with an 111mm cover when joined together;
- Machined from an excellent quality Joinery Sawfalling grade Swedish Redwood, with a few firm knots;
- Shiplap Board is untreated.
Also known as Cove Siding, Cove Cladding or Cove Side Cladding;
Tongue and groove timber Shiplap Cladding is ideal to give a ship-lap effect on walls and ceilings;
If these ship-lap planed tongued and grooved boards are used externally for making your own garden buildings - sheds, summer houses, playhouses, dog kennels etc or if used for external ship-lap cladding, etc, IT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, & THE BOARDS MUST BE TREATED WITH A SUITABLE EXTERNAL TIMBER PRESERVATIVE & WEATHER-PROOF COATING.
PEFC Redwood is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
Price is shown per running metre, and per length in the drop-down menu - we can price larger quantities and pack lots per cubic metre.
For cutting or machining of Reed & Bead Mould, see : or for more accuracy see :
|Mason's Timber, Cheshire Mouldings & Richard Burbidge |
Claddings & Matchboards -
- The PEFC logo & PEFC® initials are registered Trademarks of the PEFC Council;
- The FSC logo & FSC® initials are registered Trademarks of the Forest Stewardship Council®.
125x18mm Softwood Shiplap Cladding is usually machined from 18mm Fifths Joinery quality PEFC Scandinavian Redwood Timber - Finished size : 111mm cover x 12mm thickness;
The present stock needs approximately 8.7 linear metres layed, to cover 1 square metre of finished wall or ceiling area; Don't forget you may have some wastage if you want to finish each board on a joist, as is the recommended practise.
- 4.8 METRE METRE LENGTHS LOG-LAP CLADDING LENGTHS IN STOCK AVAILABLE FOR DELIVERY ON OUR VAN - 01/12/2016 -
- CARRIER DELIVERY IS AVAILABLE FOR 0.9 M. - 1.2 M. - 1.5 M. - 1.8 M. - 2.1 M. & 2.4 Metre 4-1/2" SHIPLAP CUT LENGTHS -
- LATEST 4.5" PINE SHIPLAP STOCK HAS SCANDINAVIAN MILL MARK : TV.JST - PREVIOUS MARKS INCLUDE: ?ROYAL* - ENSO - MIK TBT -
- LENGTHS & CUTTING TOLERANCES of 125x15mm REDWOOD SHIP LAP ARE SHOWN IN THE DROP DOWN MENU -
Ship-lap Timber Cladding tends to shrink, twist & cup when moved into the warmer drier environment of a house, so leave in the room to acclimatise in a stack, to stop the twisting and cupping, and shuffle the boards occasionally so that they dry out slowly and evenly, to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content;
Softwood Shiplap Cladding can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment & weather-proof coating;External use of Ship-Lap Board is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- SIZES MEASURED AS AT - 24/03/2015 -
Sizes are the usual timber NOMINAL size that the 125x15mm Ship Lap Board is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Moulded Timber Ship-Lap sizes are generally ± 1mm on thickness / ± 2mm on width, ± 6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge;
(Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined timber sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment or certification.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before ordering, or commencing work.
WE ARE ABLE TO SUPPLY CERTIFIED SHIPLAP TIMBER CLADDING WITH OUR CHAIN OF CUSTODY CERTIFICATIONS - CoC :
JAS TIMBER CoC CERTIFICATION - SHIPLAP BMT-PEFC-1119.150 or SHIPLAP TT-CoC-003944.150 - POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Product once work has commenced; Larger orders and Direct Deliveries of Shiplap Boarding are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
We can now take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 120mm Shiplap Boarding (there is a 3% bank charge for credit cards) -
DELIVERY of Ship-lap Timber on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa; (from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
4-1/2" Ship Lap PEFC Timber Boarding weight is approximately 1Kg per metre, to include packaging;
XDP CARRIER DELIVERY of 5 inch Shiplap T&G Cladding is possible from £9.60 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
XDP parcels can be up to -
2400x400x400mm/10Kg = £9.60 +vat - over 10Kg - per 1Kg = +£0.50 +vat / 2.4 to 3.0 M. + £15+vat!- poa;
- You can select a "safer" insured, tracked delivery with TNT for £6 +vat extra; Add this extra charge to basket - TNT TRACKED DELIVERY
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about PEFC Softwood Shiplap Cladding,so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The JANUARY 2017 Scandinavian Pine Board Price List is current; - 21/03/2017 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants for any details about 125mm Scandinavian Softwood T&G Shiplap Cladding - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of Softwood Ship/Lap Board correct, but mistakes can be made!