3x3 External Door Casing Set *Redwood* (46x12mm rebate)
3x3 External Door Casing Set *Scandinavian Redwood - Softwood*
ex 75x75mm (Finished size: 69x69mm with 46x12mm rebate)
3x3 external casing set is sold as 3 loose lengths, untrenched, and can be used for door sizes up to 81x34".
Machined from 75x75mm Fifth Scandinavian Redwood, taped together as a loose set,
2 @ 82" legs, 1 @ 41" head: un-trenched; We machine 3x3 Planed Door Casing to order as it twists very quickly and easily, so this Casing must be fixed as soon as possible.
Finished section: 2-3/4" x 2-3/4" & rebated: 1-3/4" x1/2";
(69x69mm- rebated 46x12mm)
This door casing timber is untreated & un-primed. 3x3" Planed Softwood Casing must be given suitable timber treatment and finishing coats, for external use.
Pine Redwood Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
Popular 50mm Casings that we stock or make are -
- 4x2 External Casing Sets - 50x100mm External Door Casing
- 4x2 External Casing in Cut Loose lengths - 50x100mm External Casing - Lengths
- 6x2 External Casing Sets - 50x150mm External Door Casing
- 6x2 External Casing in cut Loose lengths - 50x150mm External Casing - Lengths
- 9x2 External Casing Sets - 50x225mm External Door Casing
See our full range of Door Casings - Internal Door Casings - External Door Casings - Fire Door Casings
75x75mm Planed Timber External Door Casing is usually machined from 75mm Fifths Joinery quality PEFC Scandinavian Redwood Timber - Finished size : 68x68mm;
Machined from 75x75mm Fifth Swedish redwood softwood, taped together as a loose set,
2 @ 82" legs, 1 @ 41" head: un-trenched and un-jointed; - (You can then allow your own clearance for the width of your door.)
Finished section: 2-3/4" x 2-3/4" - rebated: 1-3/4" x 1/2";
(69x69mm - rebated 46x12mm)
Untreated & un-primed Redwood Softwood Timber.
3x3 Planed Timber External Casing should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; 3x3 Planed Softwood External Door Casing can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment & weather-proof coating; External use of Moulded Redwood Door Casing is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- Sizes Measured as at - 01/06/2016 -
Sizes are the usual timber nominal size that the 75x75mm Planed External Casing is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Planed 3x3 Redwood External Casing sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width, ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the 3x3 timber, and does not take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the 3x3 Exterior Casing. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
We are able to supply Certified 3x3 Moulded Softwood Door Casing Sets with our Chain of Custody Certifications, CoC -
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 3x3 Casing TT-CoC-003944.150 & 3x3 Casing BMT-PEFC-1119.150 - POA;
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 3x3 External Door Casing sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Product once work has commenced; Larger orders of 3 inch Timber External Casing and Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can now take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 3x3 External Redwood Door Casings
JAS Delivery of 75mm Door Casings on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
The approximate weight of a 3x3" External Door Casing is 16Kg;
- External Door casings can now be purchased online - Just add to basket to see Carrier Charges;
Carrier Delivery of External Door Frames is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg;
2.4 to 3.0 M. - poa; Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 3x3 External Door Frame, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants with any enquiries about 75x75mm Softwood External Door Frames - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of 75x75mm External Door Casings correct, but mistakes can be made!