Planed 1.5" PSE
38mm Planed all Round Softwood :
Machined from 1-1/2" Upper Gulf PEFC Scandinavian Redwood Boards (38mm finishing at 32/33mm).
- £0.99 + VAT 20%
- £1.21 + VAT 20%
- £1.85 + VAT 20%
- £3.25 + VAT 20%
- £3.22 + VAT 20%
- £3.76 + VAT 20%
- £4.83 + VAT 20%
- £6.46 + VAT 20%
- £2.00 + VAT 20%
- £1.00 + VAT 20%
- £27.72 + VAT 20%
38mm Planed Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects. A certain amount of checking and splitting occurs in 38mm Softwoods, and to a lesser extent Hardwoods; This is allowable in their Grading Specification;
38mm Planed Joinery Timber is kiln-dried - where the moisture level is brought down to 18-20%. Generally in a heated building, the moisture level can be 8-10%, and it is here, where the moisture level of timber is rapidly changed, that twisting, warping and splitting can occur. What can be done is to leave the timber in a room to acclimatise in a stack, to stop the twisting and cupping, and shuffle the boards occasionally so that they dry out slowly and evenly, to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content.
Sizes may be the usual timber nominal size that the 1 and a 1/2 inch Planed Timber PSE is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Planed 38mm PSE Redwood sizes are generally ± 2mm on thickness / ± 4mm on width, ± 10mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and does not take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the 1 and a half inch Planed Timber. ( Be aware: For many reasons, size and profile of 38mm Planed Timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date. )
Planed 38mm Softwood needs suitable external treatment, finishing & maintenance for exterior use; External use is at your own risk.
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 38mm Planed Timber sizes, pattern, construction, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We can supply FSC® or PEFC® Certification for 38mm Planed Timber with our Chain of Custody Certificates, (CoC) - JAS Timber CoC - FSC Certified 38mm Planed Timber TT-CoC-003944.150 or PEFC Certified 38mm Planed Timber BMT-PEFC-1119.150 - poa;
- Check your delivery of 38mm Planed Timber, and that all it's component dimensions, mouldings, any glazing and all other details are correct, prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any 38mm Planed Timber once work has commenced; Prepared 1 and a 1/2 inch Timber orders at variance with our normal stockholding, and all Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
We stock a wide range of Timber Mouldings in Softwood, Hardwood, Ash and Oak.
- The PEFC logo® & PEFC® initials are registered Trademarks of the PEFC Council®;
- The FSC logo® & FSC® initials are registered Trademarks of the Forest Stewardship Council®.
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 38mm PSE Timber.
Van Delivery of 1 & 1/2 inch Planed Timber on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa; ( from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat )
Approximate Softwood 38mm PSE Timber weights are shown in Kg;
One and a Half inch Planed Wood ( with a purchase basket ) can be bought online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight; ( The basket is at the Top-RHS of the page, in the Green Navigation-bar - it's very small! Click it to check the ongoing price for your order )
Other products with no purchase basket may have a more complex delivery structure depending on weight, length & where you are - Please contact us - 01254 54000
Carrier Delivery of 38mm Planed Timber Boards is possible from £9.60 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg; 2.4 to 3.0 M.+ £15+vat! Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities - Zone A Mainland - poa other zones;
( Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 1 & 1/2 inch Planed Timber Sections, so that we can quote for delivery. )
- The Scandinavian January 2018 38mm Softwood Board Price List is current - 01/01/2018
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants for any further details about 38mm Planed Softwood and Hardwood Timbers - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of 38mm PSE Timber correct, Please let us us know if you do spot any errors - thanks.