Planed 38mm PSE
38mm Planed all Round Softwood -
from JAS Timber - Walpole Street Sawmills - Blackburn BB1 1DB - Tel 01254 54000
Machined from 1 and a half inch Upper Gulf Scandinavian Redwood Boards ( ex 38mm finishing at 32mm ) or in Whitewood from sawfalling softwood ( ex 38mm finishing at 32mm );
- £1.02 + VAT 20%
- £1.24 + VAT 20%
- £1.90 + VAT 20%
- £2.51 + VAT 20%
- £3.84 + VAT 20%
- £3.87 + VAT 20%
- £6.03 + VAT 20%
- £6.66 + VAT 20%
- £2.00 + VAT 20%
- £1.00 + VAT 20%
- £27.72 + VAT 20%
38mm Planed Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects. A certain amount of checking and splitting occurs in 38mm Softwoods, and to a lesser extent Hardwoods; This is allowable in their Grading Specification;
38mm Planed Joinery Timber is kiln-dried - where the moisture level is brought down to 18-20%. Generally in a heated building, the moisture level can be 8-10%, and it is here, where the moisture level of timber is rapidly changed, that twisting, warping and splitting can occur. What can be done is to leave the timber in a room to acclimatise in a stack, to stop the twisting and cupping, and shuffle the boards occasionally so that they dry out slowly and evenly, to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content.
Planed 38mm Softwood needs suitable external treatment, finishing and maintenance for exterior use. External use is at your own risk - unless we have had the timber specifically vacuum-treated for you, with a guarantee certificate.
- JAS Timber cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 38mm Timber PSE sizes, pattern, construction, grading, moisture-content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before purchasing, & notify us in writing on your order.
We can supply FSC or PEFC Certification for Planed 38mm Timber with our Chain of Custody Certificates, ( CoC ); JAS Timber CoC - FSC Certified 1.5 inch Planed Timber INT-COC-003944.150 or PEFC Certified 38mm Planed Timber INT-PEFC/COC-001119.150 - poa;
- Check your Planed 38mm Timber delivery on arrival to see that all it's component dimensions, any mouldings, any glazing, and that ALL other details are correct, prior to any related work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Planed Timber Item once work has commenced; 38mm Planed Timber orders at variance with our Stock-holding and ALL Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 38mm PSE Timber.
Van Delivery of One and a Half inch Planed Timber on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire and the North-West, from £6.50 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa; ( from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat; )
Chargeable carriage weights may be shown for 38mm Planed Timber Lengths in Kg - to include the minimum of packaging, our careful packing and the XDP Standard Zone-A Carriage Charge; To order online - Click add to Basket, taking care if there are any options to choose in drop-down menus; To see your ongoing Order Total or to amend it, click the small Checkout Trolley icon at the Top-RHS of the page in the Green Navigation-bar.
Carrier Delivery of 38mm Timber Product Lengths costs from £12.40 +vat - up to 10Kg and 2.4 metres x 400x400mm, then +50p per extra Kg; For 2.4 to 3.6 metres from £15 +vat more - poa; Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities to Zone A Mainland - poa other zones; The risk of damage is roughly 5% with carrier delivery, so we urge you NOT to sign for your consignment until you have checked it; Once signed - ( "unchecked" isn't acceptable ), any carrier will deem that you have received your order in reasonable condition - It is then your responsibility; We have tried to intervene with the carrier - but they are immune to complaints.
You can choose an "Insured" Tracked Delivery for £6 +vat extra, by adding - TNT Carriage
Haulier Delivery of 38mm Planed Items can be done for larger quantities, charged per 1.2 metre pallet space - poa;
Direct Delivery of 38mm Timber Sections may be possible from some of our suppliers - poa;
( Please tell us the delivery post-code for your enquiry about 38mm Planed Pine Sections, so that we can quote for shipping. )
- The January 2021 Quarterly Scandinavian 38mm Timber Price-Lists will apply unless there is a new currency based over-rider - 01/03/2021
- Please phone us at JAS Timber for any further details about 1 and a half inch Planed Timber and Prepared Wood Sections - 01254 54000
E.&O.E. see T&C - We try to keep prices and specifications of Machined 38mm Softwood correct, please tell us if you see any errors.