Planed 1.5" PSE
38mm Planed all Round Softwood:
Machined from 1 and a half inch Upper Gulf PEFC Scandinavian Redwood Boards ( 38mm finishing at 32mm ) or in Whitewood from sawfalling softwood ( 38mm finishing at 32mm );
- £0.99 + VAT 20%
- £1.21 + VAT 20%
- £1.85 + VAT 20%
- £3.25 + VAT 20%
- £3.22 + VAT 20%
- £3.76 + VAT 20%
- £4.83 + VAT 20%
- £6.46 + VAT 20%
- £2.00 + VAT 20%
- £1.00 + VAT 20%
- £27.72 + VAT 20%
38mm Planed Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects. A certain amount of checking and splitting occurs in 38mm Softwoods, and to a lesser extent Hardwoods; This is allowable in their Grading Specification;
38mm Planed Joinery Timber is kiln-dried - where the moisture level is brought down to 18-20%. Generally in a heated building, the moisture level can be 8-10%, and it is here, where the moisture level of timber is rapidly changed, that twisting, warping and splitting can occur. What can be done is to leave the timber in a room to acclimatise in a stack, to stop the twisting and cupping, and shuffle the boards occasionally so that they dry out slowly and evenly, to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content.
Sizes may be the usual timber nominal size that the 1 and a 1/2 inch Planed Timber PSE is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Planed 38mm PSE Redwood sizes are generally ± 2mm on thickness / ± 4mm on width, ± 10mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and does not take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the 1 and a half inch Planed Timber. ( Be aware: For many reasons, size and profile of 38mm Planed Timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date. )
Planed 38mm Softwood needs suitable external treatment, finishing & maintenance for exterior use; External use is at your own risk.
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 38mm Planed Timber sizes, pattern, construction, grading, moisture-content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before purchasing, & notify us in writing on your order.
We can supply FSC® or PEFC® Certification for Planed 38mm Timber with our Chain of Custody Certificates, (CoC) - JAS Timber CoC - FSC Certified 1.5 inch Planed Timber TT-CoC-003944.150 or PEFC Certified 38mm Planed Timber BMT-PEFC-1119.150 - poa;
- Check your Planed 38mm Timber delivery on arrival to see that all it's component dimensions, any mouldings, any glazing, and that all other details are correct, prior to any related work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Planed Timber Item once work has commenced; 38mm Planed Timber Orders at variance with our Stock-holding and All Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
- The PEFC logo® & PEFC® initials are registered Trademarks of the PEFC Council®;
- The FSC logo® & FSC® initials are registered Trademarks of the Forest Stewardship Council®.
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 38mm PSE Timber.
Van Delivery of 1 & 1/2 inch Planed Timber on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa; ( from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat )
Chargeable weights for Softwood 38mm PSE Timber are shown in Kg, to include some packaging, our careful packing and the XDP® standard Zone A Carriage Charge; 38mm PSE Timber products with purchase button can be bought online - Just add to basket, which calculates shipping by this chargeable-weight; Other products with no purchase basket may have a more complex delivery structure depending on size, weight and postcode; Please contact us - 01254 54000
Carrier Delivery of Planed 38mm Timber Boards is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg and 2.4 metres, then +50p per extra Kg; For 2.4 to 3 metres - from £15 +vat extra - poa; Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities to Zone A Mainland - poa other zones;
( Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about 32mm finished size Planed Timber, so that we can quote for delivery. )
- The October 2018 Quarterly Scandinavian 38mm Softwood Price-Lists will apply unless there is a new currency based over-rider - 01/10/2018
- Please phone us at JAS Timber for any details about 38mm Planed Timber and Prepared Wood Sections - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of Machined 38mm Softwood correct, but mistakes can be made! Please let us us know if you do spot any errors - thanks.