1.5" Reed Mould ( 34x6mm x 2.4 Metre. ) - TM701 Pine Cheshire Moulding
1.5 inch Reed Mould 34x6mm Pine Mouldings - Cheshire Mouldings TM701
34mm x 6mm Reed Cover Moulding - Softwood and Pine - Price per 2.4 metre length;
- TM701 - 1.5 inch / 34x6mm Pine Reed Mould - from Cheshire Mouldings
( Product images may be representative, approximate diagrams, or a similar but different sized moulding - and not the actual product you are purchasing. )
Machined from PEFC or FSC Clear Scandinavian Redwood;
There are very few knots in this Softwood Reed Moulding;
Pine Reed Mould is ideal to use as a Dado-Rail or Chair-Rail, around a room, or as a Panel-Mould or Cabinet Door-Architrave, with Corner-Blocks ( In a dry domestic internal location ).
Small softwood mouldings are not recommended for use externally - External use of TM701 34mm Pine Reed-Mould is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective weather-proof finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- Pine is a natural material - variations in knots, colour, grain should be expected - They are not defects;
Other Mouldings and Beadings can be seen - Pine Mouldings - Hardwood Mouldings - Oak Mouldings
|Mason's Timber®, Cheshire Mouldings® and Richard Burbidge® |
Mouldings and Beadings -
- The PEFC logo® & PEFC® initials are registered Trademarks of the PEFC Council®;
- The FSC logo® & FSC® initials are registered Trademarks of the Forest Stewardship Council®.
34x6mm Timber Reed Mould is usually machined from 38mm Best Joinery quality PEFC Scandinavian Softwood Redwood Timber - Finished size : 34mm x 6mm - Cheshire Mouldings TM701 -
The Cheshire Mouldings Timber Grading is to have a substantially knot free timber on three sides (of the square timber, before machining to Reed Mould.); The grading allows several knots per piece, but in practice there are a small number of knots in most pieces, and a few pieces are knot free. The specification for timber bead from our suppliers also allows engineered and finger-jointed timber timber to be used.
- Moulded 1.5" Redwood Timber Reed Mould in Stock - 2.4 Metre Lengths - 02/09/2019 -
34x6mm Timber Reed Mould should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; Small softwood mouldings can not be recommended for use externally; External use of 34x6mm Timber Reed Mould is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective weather-proof finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- Sizes measured as at - 04/07/2015 -
Sizes may be the usual timber Nominal size that the 38mm Planed Redwood Softwood Reed Moulding is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Moulded 34mm x 6mm Redwood Reed Mould sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width, ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and does not take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the Timber Reed Mould. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
We have measured the width of the "reeds" - 9mm for the two outer ones, and 7.5mm for the two inner ones.
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 1.5" Reed Mould sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We are able to supply FSC or PEFC Certified 1.5" Reed Mould with our Chain of Custody Certifications - CoC :
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 1.5" Reed BMT-PEFC-1119.150 or 1.5" Reed TT-CoC-003944.150 - POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Mould once work has commenced. Orders of TM701 Timber Reed Mould, and Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can now take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for TM701 Pine Mouldings
Van Delivery of 34x6mm Timber Reed Mouldings on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
Softwood TM701 34x6mm Reed Moulding weight is approximately 0.5 Kg per length, to include packing;
Prepared Timber 1.5" Reed Mould can be purchased online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight;
Carrier Delivery of Timber Reed Moulding is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
XDP items can be up to -
2400x400x400mm/10Kg = £11.40 +vat - over 10Kg - per 1Kg = +£0.50 +vat
( The risk of damage is not known yet with XPD. )
- You can select a "safer" more reliable, tracked delivery with TNT for £6 +vat extra; Add this extra charge to basket - TNT Tracked Delivery
(Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about PEFC TM701 1-1/2" Reed Moulding, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The July 2018 Cheshire Mouldings Pine Timber Moulding Price List is current - 18/09/2018 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants with any enquiries about TM701 34x6mm Reed Mould - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of PEFC Pine 1.5" Reed Mould correct, but mistakes can be made!