3 inch Reed Mould JAS1870 U/S Redwood Pine (ex 25x75mm /fin: 18x69mm approx.)
3 inch Pine Reed Mould - 18x69mm U/S Scandinavian Redwood - JAS1870
18mm x 69mm Reed Mould - Softwood Pine - Price per 2.4 metre length;
- JAS1870 - ex 3 inch x 1 inch Pine - from JAS Timber.
( Product images may be representative, approximate diagrams, or a similar but different sized moulding - and not the actual product you are purchasing. )
Machined from PEFC or FSC Unsorted Scandinavian Redwood;
There are very few knots in this Softwood Reed Moulding;
Pine Reed Mould is ideal to use as a Dado-Rail or Chair-Rail, around a room, or as a Panel-Mould or Door-Architrave, with Corner-Blocks ( In a dry domestic internal location ).
Small softwood mouldings are not recommended for use externally - External use of 75mm Pine Reed-Mould is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective weather-proof finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- Pine is a natural material - variations in knots, colour, grain should be expected - They are not defects;
Other Mouldings and Beadings can be seen - Pine Mouldings - Hardwood Mouldings - Oak Mouldings
|Mason's Timber® - Cheshire Mouldings® - Richard Burbidge® |
Mouldings and Beadings -
- The PEFC logo® & PEFC® initials are registered Trademarks of the PEFC Council®;
- The FSC logo® & FSC® initials are registered Trademarks of the Forest Stewardship Council®.
JAS1870 75mm Softwood Reed Moulding is usually machined from 25mm Best Joinery quality PEFC Scandinavian Softwood Redwood Timber - Finished size : 18mm x 69mm - JAS Timber Mouldings;
The Timber Grading is to have a substantially knot free timber on three sides (of the square timber, before machining to Reed Mould.); The grading allows several knots per piece, but in practice there are a small number of knots in most pieces, and a few pieces are knot free. The specification for timber bead from our suppliers also allows engineered and finger-jointed timber timber to be used.
- Moulded 18x69mm Redwood Timber in Stock - Random lengths - 03/02/2020 -
18x69mm Reed Moulding should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; Small softwood mouldings can not be recommended for use externally; External use of 18x69mm Planed Timber Reed Mould is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective weather-proof finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally - poa;
- Sizes measured as at - 15/08/2013 -
Sizes may be the usual timber nominal size that the 25x75mm Planed Redwood Reed Moulding is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Moulded 18mm x 69mm Redwood Reed sizes are generally ± 1mm on thickness / ± 2mm on width, ± 6mm cross-cutting tolerance and there may be splitter saw cut-edges; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and cannot take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the Timber Reed Mould. ( Be aware: For many reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date. )
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 3 inch Reed Mould sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We are able to supply Certification for FSC or PEFC 3" Reed Moulded Timber with our Chain of Custody Certificates - CoC : JAS Timber CoC Certification: PEFC - 75mm Reed INT-PEFC/COC-001119.150 or FSC 75mm Reed INT-COC-003944.150 - poa;
- Check your Profiled Mould delivery on arrival, to see that all your 3 inch Reed Moulding's component dimensions, any mouldings, any glazing, and that ALL other details are correct, prior to any related work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any 75mm Moulded Reed once work has commenced; Profiled Timber Orders at variance with our Stock-holding and ALL Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for JAS1870 Pine Mouldings
Van Delivery of 18x69mm Timber Reed Mouldings on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa (from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat;)
The weight of Softwood JAS1870 18x69mm Reed Moulding is approximately 1Kg per metre, to include packing;
Prepared Timber 3" Reed Mould can be purchased online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by weight;
Carrier Delivery of Timber Reed Moulding is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg; ( Zone A mainland - poa other zones)
XDP parcels can be up to -
2400x400x400mm/10Kg = £11.40 +vat - over 10Kg - per 1Kg = +£0.50 +vat
( The risk of damage is not known yet with XPD. )
- You can select a "safer" more reliable, tracked delivery with TNT for £6 +vat extra; Add this extra charge to basket - TNT Tracked Delivery
(Please tell us the delivery post-code for your enquiry about JAS1870 3" Reed Moulding, so that we can quote for delivery.)
- The January 2017 Scandinavian Redwood Board Price List is current - 01/08/2018 -
- Please phone us at JAS Timber for any further details about JAS1870 18x69mm Reed Mould - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of PEFC Pine 3" Reed Mould correct, but mistakes can be made!