JAS1870 18x69mm Timber Reed Moulding is usually machined from 25mm Best Joinery quality PEFC Scandinavian Softwood Redwood Timber - Finished size : 18mm x 69mm - JAS Timber Mouldings;
The Timber Grading is to have a substantially knot free timber on three sides (of the square timber, before machining to Reed Mould.); The grading allows several knots per piece, but in practice there are a small number of knots in most pieces, and a few pieces are knot free. The specification for timber bead from our suppliers also allows engineered and finger-jointed timber timber to be used.
- MOULDED 18x69mm REDWOOD TIMBER IN STOCK - RANDOM LENGTHS - 07/12/2016 -
18x69mm Reed Moulding should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; Small softwood mouldings can not be recommended for use externally; External use of 18x69mm Planed Timber Reed Mould is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective weather-proof finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally - poa;
- SIZES MEASURED AS AT - 15/08/2013 -
Sizes may be the usual timber NOMINAL size that the 25x75mm Planed Redwood Softwood Reed Moulding is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Moulded 18mm x 69mm Redwood Reed sizes are generally ± 1mm on thickness / ± 2mm on width, ± 6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and cannot take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the Timber Reed Mould. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
WE ARE ABLE TO SUPPLY FSC AND PEFC CERTIFIED 3" REED MOULDED TIMBER WITH OUR CHAIN OF CUSTODY CERTIFICATIONS - CoC :
JAS TIMBER CoC CERTIFICATION - 75mm REED BMT-PEFC-1119.150 or 75mm REED TT-CoC-003944.150 - POA;
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 3" REED MOULD sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Reed Mould once work has commenced. Orders of JAS1870 Timber Reed Mould, and Direct Deliveries are supplied as a Special Order.