2x1 Planed Softwood *Scandinavian Redwood* PSE ex 50x25mm - Finished size: 44x21mm
2x1 PSE Planed Redwood - Softwood Timber ( machined from 50x25mm nominal stock )
Machined from PEFC or FSC Certified Vth Scandinavian Redwood Boards to finished size - 45x21mm;
Scandinavian Pine - FSC® or PEFC® Certificated by Donaldson Timber®, SCA Timber®, Illingworth-Ingham Timber® and International Timber®;
2x1 Planed Softwood is ideal to use as edging, battening, stud-work and for timber framing.
2 x 1 Planed Redwood Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
For cutting or machining of 2x1 Planed Timber see - Machining in Yard or for more accuracy see : Machining in Workshop
50x25mm Planed Timber is usually machined from 25mm Fifths Joinery quality Scandinavian Redwood Timber - Finished size : 45x21mm;
- 4.8 metre lengths (and under) of Planed 2x1 In Stock - Available for Van Delivery - 02/01/2019
- Carrier Delivery is available for 0.9 M. - 1.2 M. - 1.5 M. - 1.8 M. - 2.1 M. & 2.4 Metre 2x1 PSE Planed Softwood cut lengths -
- Latest 2x1 Planed Stock has Scandinavian Mill Mark - *SCA* // Previous Mill Marks have been - JR*US HX08 // HX01 // STORA //
- Available lengths and cutting tolerances of 25x50mm Planed Reds are shown in the Drop-down Menu -
2x1 Scandinavian Fifth Joinery quality Redwood ( Softwood ) normally has a few knots that generally stay firm - slightly more knots than in an Unassorted quality timber.
2x1 Planed Softwood is ideal to use as battening, edging, stud-work, casing and for timber framing.
2"x1" Planed Redwood Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
2x1 Planed Timber should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; 2x1 Planed Redwood can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment weather-proof coating; External use of 2x1 PSE is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective finishing coats. It is better to use pressure-treated timbers externally - poa;
- Sizes measured as at - 19/01/2016 - but timber sizes may vary from batch to batch.
Sizes may be the usual timber nominal size that the 25x50mm Planed timber moulding is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Planed 2x1 Redwood sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width, ±10mm cross-cutting tolerance, and there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and does not take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the 2x1 Planed Wood. ( Be aware: For many reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date. )
- JAS Timber cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 2 x 1 Planed Timber sizes, pattern, construction, grading, moisture-content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before purchasing, & notify us in writing on your order.
We can supply FSC® or PEFC® Certification for 25x50mm Planed Redwood with our Chain of Custody Certificates (CoC) - JAS Timber CoC Certification - FSC 50x25mm PSE Reds TT-CoC-003944.150 or PEFC 50x25mm PSE Reds BMT-PEFC-1119.150 - poa;
- Check your Planed 2x1 Timber delivery on arrival, to see that all it;s component dimensions, any mouldings, any glazing, and that ALL other details are correct, prior to any related work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Product once work has commenced; Larger orders and Direct Deliveries of 2x1 PSE Timber are supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 2 x 1 PSE Planed Timber.
Van Delivery of Planed Timber 25x50mm on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire and the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa ( from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat; )
2 x 1 PSE PEFC Redwood Softwood chargeable carriage weight is 0.625Kg per metre, to include minimal packaging, our careful packing, and the XDP Zone-A standard carriage charge up to 2.4 metres; To purchase 2x1 online - Just add to basket, which calculates carriage by this weight; ( The basket is at the Top-RHS of the page, in the Green Navigation-bar - very small! )
XDP Carrier Delivery of Softwood 2x1 Prepared Timber is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg - Zone-A mainland - poa other zones;
XDP parcels can be up to -
2400x400x400mm/10Kg = £11.40 +vat - over 10Kg - per 1Kg = +£0.50 +vat
( The risk of damage is roughly 5% with carrier delivery, so we urge you NOT to sign for your consignment until you have checked it; Once signed, any carrier will deem that you have received your order in acceptable condition - It is now your responsibility; We are unable to intervene with the carrier - they are immune to any complaints - we have tried. )
- You can select an "Insured", Tracked Delivery with TNT for £6 +vat extra; Add this extra charge to basket - TNT Tracked Delivery
Direct Delivery of 2x1 Planed Softwood may be possible for large orders - poa;
Haulier Delivery by pallet can be arranged for larger quantities of 50mm x 25mm Planed Wood.
( Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about Planed 2 x 1 PEFC or FSC Redwood, so that we can quote for shipping. )
- The October 2018 Quarterly Scandinavian Softwood Price-Lists will apply unless there is a new currency based over-rider - 01/11/2018
- Please phone us at JAS Timber for any details about Planed Timber and Prepared Wood Sections - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of Machined Softwood correct, but mistakes can be made! Please let us us know if you do spot any errors - thanks.