European Oak Hardwood Planed 2x1 Timber
2x1 Planed European Oak
- 50x25mm PSE European Oak Medium-colour Hardwood;
Machined from KD European Oak Hardwood - Finished size : 44mm x 20mm
European Oak is a swirl grained medium hardwood, that is of medium to good durability;
2x1 Planed European Oak is widely used for Cabinet-making, Kitchen Fascias, Furniture, Shop-fitting, Boat-building, Panelling, Flooring, Display Edging, Battening Frame-work and Joinery-work.
European Oak Timber is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
Other Planed Timber sizes in Softwood, Hardwood and Oak - PSE Timber
Engineered Timber Wide Boards - Hardwood and Oak Jointed Board - Pine Jointed Board
Other Mouldings and Beadings can be seen - Pine Mouldings - Hardwood Mouldings - Oak Mouldings
|Mason's Timber®, Cheshire Mouldings® and Richard Burbidge® |
Mouldings and Beadings -
- The PEFC logo® & PEFC® initials are registered Trademarks of the PEFC Council®;
- The FSC logo® & FSC® initials are registered Trademarks of the Forest Stewardship Council®.
50x25mm Planed European Oak - Finished size 44x20mm;
This is usually machined in our workshop from Character-Grade 25mm Timber Board.
- Carrier Delivery is available for 0.9 m. - 1.2 m. - 1.5 m. - 1.8 m. - 2.1 m. & 2.4 metre cut lengths - poa - 2.5 metre pack lengths that we have in stock.
- Lengths and cutting tolerances of 25x50mm Planed European Oak are shown in the drop-down menu;
2x1 European Oak Hardwood is machined from a "Character Grade" stock timber, with swirl-grain and quite a few large knots; We have tried to cut out the worst, but there are definitely some in this timber. Because of the hardness and swirling character grain it also hard to get a very smooth planed surface, so it is not as good as with American White Oak.
2x1 Planed European Oak Timber should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; 2x1 Planed European Oak can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment & weather-proof coating, and regular maintenance; External use of 2x1 Oak is at your own risk - as the treatment and maintenance is out of our control. Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment, protective finishing coats and frequent maintenance. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally.
- Sizes measured as at - 01/10/2017
Sizes are the usual timber nominal size that the 25x50mm Planed European Oak timber moulding is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained; Planed 2x1 Oak sizes are generally ± 1.5mm on thickness / ± 4mm on width, ± 10mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 25x50mm European Oak sizes, pattern, construction, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We can supply FSC® or PEFC® Certified 2x1 European Oak Mouldings with our Chain of Custody certifications, (CoC) -
JAS Timber CoC Certification - European Oak 25x50mm TT-CoC-003944.150 or European Oak 25x50mm BMT-PEFC-1119.150 - poa
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any 2x1 Planed European Oak as it is machined to your order as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payment online for 25x50mm Planed Oak
Van Delivery of 2x1" Planed Oak on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire & the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa ( from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat )
Planed European Oak 50x25mm is approximately 1Kg per metre, to include some packaging, careful packing and the XDP Zone-A carriage-charge;
Carrier Delivery of 2x1 Planed European Oak is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4M., then 50p per Kg; 2.4 to 3.0 M.+ £15+vat! Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities ( Zone A Mainland - poa other zones )
Haulier Delivery of 2x1" PSE European Oak Timber by pallet can be arranged for larger quantities of 25mm Planed Timber.
( Please tell us the post-code for your enquiry about Prepared 2 x 1 inch European Oak, so that we can quote for delivery )
- The July 2017 Planed European Oak Hardwood Timber Price List is current - 01/06/2018
- Please phone us at JAS Timber Merchants with any enquiries about European Oak 2x1" PSE Timber - 01254 54000
E. & O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of Prepared 25mm PAR European Oak correct, but mistakes can be made!