280mm wide x 44mm thick Internal Fire Door Casing Loose Set unjointed - Made to Width -
280mm Wide Softwood Internal Fire Door Casing Set -
- Made to Width in our own Workshop - Needs to be jointed and assembled to suit your Fire Door.
Machined from two pieces of 50x150mm Fifth Joinery-Grade Swedish Redwood - Tongue or Biscuit Jointed to make up the width;
2 @ 2.1 metres legs and 1 @ 1.05 metre head - Un-jointed, Un-trenched and Unfinished timber; ( 3 loose casing lengths. )
Finished size: 280x44mm with 45x12mm rebate size. grooved 15x4mm.
This Jointed Door Casing can be cut to any narrower "lining" width at no extra cost; Enter the width you require in the Special Instructions Box.
Softwood is a natural product - variations in knots, colour and grain should be expected - They are not defects.
Other wide softwood door casings are - Up to 430mm - 17 Inch Wide Door Casing - Up to 218mm wide door casing - 9 Inch Wide Door Casing & 169mm wide door casing - 7 Inch Wide Door Casing
Our Door Casing Range in Softwood, Hardwood & Oak - Internal Door Casing & Door Linings
280mm Planed Timber Firecheck Door Casing is usually machined from 50mm Fifths Joinery quality PEFC Scandinavian Redwood Timber - Finished size : 44x215mm;
Machined from two 50x150mm Fifth Swedish redwood softwood pieces, tongue-jointed in the length, and supplied as a loose set,
2 @ 82" legs, 1 @ 41" head: un-trenched and un-jointed;
Finished section: 11" x 1-3/4" - rebated: 1-3/4" x 1/2" & grooved for intumescent strip: 5/8"x1/8" centrally in the rebate;
( 228x44mm - rebated 46x12mm - intumescent groove: 15x4mm )
Untreated & un-primed Redwood / Softwood Timber.
280mm Planed Timber Fire Casing should be treated and fixed in place as soon as possible to help minimise any movement/twisting and surface checking/splitting that occurs naturally with changes in moisture content; 12" Planed Softwood Fire Casing can not be recommended for use externally without suitable timber treatment & weather-proof coating; External use of Moulded Redwood Fire Door Casing is at your own risk - Timber life expectancy is increased with good timber treatment and protective finishing coats. It is better to use pressure treated timbers externally - Any engineered components would need to have a fully external glueline.
- Sizes can be machined to order - 03/02/2020 -
Sizes are the usual timber nominal size that the 280mm Planed Firecheck Casing is machined from, with a finished size that is generally obtained;
Planed 11x2 Redwood Fire Casing sizes are generally ±1mm on thickness / ±2mm on width, ±6mm cross-cutting tolerance & there may be one splitter saw cut-edge; This is the size immediately after machining the timber, and does not take into account any movement later, caused by moisture movement into, or out of the 11x2 Firecheck Casing. (Be aware: For a multitude of reasons, size and profile of timber may vary from batch to batch, so it is best to purchase all you need for a job in one go, rather than buying more at a later date.)
- We cannot be held responsible for any variations in machined 12x2 Planed Firecheck Casing sizes, pattern, grading, moisture content, treatment, certification, knots, colour or grain.
- If it is important, then you need to check these or any other details before commencing work & notify us in writing on your order.
We are able to supply FSC or PEFC Certified 280mm Fire Door Casings with our Chain of Custody Certifications - CoC :
JAS Timber CoC Certification - 12x2 Fire Casing INT-PEFC/COC-001119.150 or 12x2 Fire Casing INT-COC-003944.150 - POA;
- Check all component dimensions, mouldings, glazing or any other details are correct prior to any work on site;
- It is the purchasers responsibility to check the suitability of this Fire Door Casing, in conjunction with the fire door certification, intumescent strip, door casing surround, hardware & the situation of use.
- JAS Timber cannot be held liable for the consequences of any variation;
- We cannot exchange any Timber Fire Door Casing once work has commenced; 12 inch Timber Firecheck Casing is machined to your order, and supplied as a Special Order.
There are no reviews yet.
Payment & Delivery
Payment - We can take Debit Card, BACS, Cash, Cheque or Credit Card payments online for 12x2 Firecheck Casings.
Van Delivery of 280x44mm Softwood Fire Door Casings on our van, in Blackburn, Lancashire and the North-West, from £5 +vat, or £1 +vat per mile - poa; ( from: £30 Manchester, £35 Lancaster, £45 Liverpool, £60 Leeds, all +vat; )
The chargeable carriage weight of a 280mm Softwood Fire Door Casing is 44Kg to include the minimum of packaging, our careful packing, and the Standard Zone-A Shipping Charge by XDP Carriers. To order Firecheck Casings online - Click add to Basket, taking care if there are any options in drop-down menus; To see your ongoing Order Total or to amend it, click the small Checkout Trolley icon at the Top-RHS of the page in the Green Navigation-bar.
XDP Carrier Delivery of Fire Door Casing Lengths is possible from £11.40 +vat - up to 10Kg/2.4 metres, then 50p per Kg - Zone A mainland - poa other zones;
XDP parcels of Door Frame Profiles can be up to - 2400x400x400mm / 10Kg = £11.40 +vat - over 10Kg - per 1Kg = +£0.50 +vat; ( The risk of damage is roughly 5% with carrier delivery - so we urge you NOT to sign for your consignment until you have checked it; Once signed, any carrier will deem that you have received your order in acceptable condition - It is then your responsibility; We are unable to intervene with the carrier - they are immune to any complaints - We have tried! )
- You can select an "Insured", Tracked Delivery with TNT for £6 +vat extra; Add this extra charge to basket - TNT Tracked Delivery - 2.4 to 3.6 metres from £15 +vat - poa; Anything longer is not suitable unless in pallet quantities;
Haulier Delivery by pallet can be arranged for larger quantities of 280x50mm Fire Casing and other Mouldings.
( Please tell us the delivery post-code for your enquiry about Wide Firecheck Door Framing, so that we can quote for carriage. )
- The January 2020 Scandinavian Redwood 50mm Timber Board Price List is current - 01/03/2020
- The Cheshire Mouldings January 2020 Pine Casings Price List is current - 01/03/2020
- The February 2020 Richard Burbidge Timber Mouldings Price List is current - 01/03/2020
- The Masons Timber February 2020 Softwood Casings Price List is current - 01/03/2020
- Please phone us at JAS Timber for any further details about 150mm Firedoor Frame Profile - 01254 54000
E.&O.E. see T&C - We do try to keep prices and specifications of 280mm Firecheck Door Casings correct, but mistakes can be made! Please let us us know if you do spot any errors - thanks.